News: Poile not changing coach (UPD: he lied), says anyone is available. possibly sellers.

Jan 21, 2018
Nylander for Josi?

Both sides say no? Just one?

Personally I think it's a bad move to mortgage the leafs future, but i still believe that trading Kadri was a huge mistake and I dont think the leafs will get past the bruins with this roster. I think Josi is good enough to get the leafs out of the east. Give Nylander's minutes to Johnsson/Kapanen and the loss of nylander won't sting as much.

Sorry if this is way off.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nylander for Josi?

Personally I think it's a bad move to mortgage the leafs future, but i still believe that trading Kadri was a huge mistake and I dont think the leafs will get past the bruins with this roster. I think Josi is good enough to get the leafs out of the east. Give Nylander's minutes to Johnsson/Kapanen and the loss of nylander won't sting as much.

I wouldn't trade josi for 2 nylanders

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nylander for Josi?

Josi has 6 more points than Nylander and is WAY more valuable to our team than Nylander is to yours. He's not on the table.

We literally just got rid our coach, we're going to see how our core plays with a new coach. If we're not in the playoffs at the deadline we will think about moving UFAs like Granlund and Smith and guys like Bonino and Watson who are overall replaceable. You are not getting Josi. You are not getting Arvidsson or Ekholm for spare parts.

Reactions: Fro

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lav finds work soon. I could see him either Dallas, San Jose or maybe even the Seattle head coach.

That Seattle feels somewhat reasonable. Laviolette usually will start hot and then the team cools down. Just like it happened at Vegas.

Hot start is good for marketing and sales and stability. I think whole NHL and Seattle will want it happen that way.

Wouldn't mind him at Detroit either.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Seriously? Not trying to say that you're lying, but is there a documented example of this happening in the past? I could see why a player would do something like this.

It is rarely made public because it is rarely relevant.

Carey Price is one of the more famous cases where it was publicized because Montreal was in a similar position to Nashville shortly after extending Price. If you scroll down at Capfriendly and look at the previous contract that Price was on, you will see that in the notes section they mention that his modified NTC was turned into a NMC after he negotiated an extension.

I have no way of knowing how common this is, but I would guess that it must be common place. As long as the player isn't finishing up an RFA year where they cannot have trade protection, it only makes sense to have the trade protection upgraded to reflect the trade protection in the extension. Otherwise, a player puts themselves at risk of being flipped by their team shortly after extending if things go badly.

Reactions: grapes55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad