News: Poile not changing coach (UPD: he lied), says anyone is available. possibly sellers.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Predators not considering immediate coaching change, says GM Poile

Towards the end of the article in the second last paragraph he says he is open for business and is willing to listen to any teams offers of "any of his players", not blaming Laviolette. Also says the Preds have not been sellers in many years, but could be this year. I would assume Josi is untradeable, but he did say any of his players...

I wish he would just fire Lavy.... but things could get crazy. The team is majorly disappointing.

I honestly do not know if I see Poile truly "selling". The man has done everything possible in hockey except achieve the ultimate goal of winning a Cup. He is 69 years old, so rebuilding is not in his best interest to accomplish this....

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Those quotes are probably meant for the players' consumption more than anything else.

Laviolette is not getting fired = quit dogging it, we know you've tuned the coach out but he's not getting fired so get your ass back in gear.

Sellers = and if you don't, you're the one getting traded... staging a late season comeback win to make the playoffs is not as easy as you players seem to think - it's no joke that we might be sellers, so get your ass back in gear NOW to make sure that doesn't happen.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019

Towards the end of the article in the second last paragraph he says he is open for business and is willing to listen to any teams offers of "any of his players", not blaming Laviolette. Also says the Preds have not been sellers in many years, but could be this year. I would assume Josi is untradeable, but he did say any of his players...

I wish he would just fire Lavy.... but things could get crazy. The team is majorly disappointing.

I honestly do not know if I see Poile truly "selling". The man has done everything possible in hockey except achieve the ultimate goal of winning a Cup. He is 69 years old, so rebuilding is not in his best interest to accomplish this....

How about changing the GM?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Yeah we know tuning out coaches well, but why does Poile still insist on keeping Lavy on board? There's too much talent on that team to be playing as poorly as they have been and Rinne isn't getting any younger.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

If you go towards a rebuild, Now is the time to trade Josi. He has an amazing caphit right now and is having a career year. His low caphit this season allows a team near the cap to fit him. His trade protection doesn't kick in till next season so you'd have to trade him now. He could get quite a haul of futures. Ellis as well is having a career year if he isn't too injured.

Otherwise it'll be sell off Smith/Granlund/Grimaldi and one of the centers Joey/Bonino/Turris/Duchene. Turris likely can't be sold unless we retain or sweeten the pot. Duchene just signed here and Poile has been playing footsie with him for years. Bonino would be an excellent depth piece for teams looking for a 3/4C and Joey would be good for a team looking to upgrade their 1/2C.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As a Leafs fan, Forsberg, Ekholm, and Watson all interest me but I don't think there is an obvious fit.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah we know tuning out coaches well, but why does Poile still insist on keeping Lavy on board? There's too much talent on that team to be playing as poorly as they have been and Rinne isn't getting any younger.

Because he sees on other teams full of NTC and fat contracts if guys are asked to work hard or play D they quit playing and the coach is fired. He is going to hold the guys that won’t play responsible. Good for him

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd love the Flyers to do something around Forsberg. Not sure what the Preds would want in return though.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Love to see the Jets get one of those D, but that is highly unlikely. Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad