News: Poile not changing coach (UPD: he lied), says anyone is available. possibly sellers.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
5 points back with 4 games in hand. Isn’t this a little premature?

Look what Vegas did. They fired the head coach being 3 pts back out of number 1 in the pacific. I think the standings don’t mean crap these days. Anything is possible after that crazy ass coaching change.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Baertschi+2nd+5th for Granlund? Or 2nd+4th+Schaller for Granlund 50% retained?
I don't see us taking on contract dumps with future years attached. But I also don't expect the Preds to need to conserve cap space for any buying activities this season. So taking on Schaller or retaining on Granlund perhaps shouldn't be significant obstacles.

Except
there is the real money side of things, and the organization might rather lose all financial obligations if possible - even if a quarter season of Granlund or Schaller+retention pro-rates down to less than $2M, it's still $2M in the real world, and I could see teams valuing that more than a 4th round pick, say, in a tie-breaking scenario. In my fantasy world I'd take the 2nd+4th and not care if the team is shelling out money for Schaller and retention. But any team who comes along with enough pro-rated cap space to just take Granlund for a 2nd is probably still going to win the bid. :dunno:

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
ok so if he lied about not changing coaches, being sellers with anyone available is probably a lie too

Fans throw this lying shit around a lot . How do you know the owner didn't step in and tell it him or the coach . Things change all the time it doesn't mean anyone lied . Is every person that gets a divorce a liar ? People say things they mean then life gets in the way and they have to rethink their goals .

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Fans throw this lying **** around a lot . How do you know the owner didn't step in and tell it him or the coach . Things change all the time it doesn't mean anyone lied . Is every person that gets a divorce a liar ? People say things they mean then life gets in the way and they have to rethink their goals .

What owner? The team's ownership is a group of suits and I'm certain whatever personnel decisions Poile makes is left for him to decide and action - ownership is not going to meddle in his job anymore than he would in theirs and it's easier to change a coach than 20 players.

He said he was not changing coaches on Jan 2 and he fired Lavy on the following Monday.

You can sugarcoat that with life and rethinking goals anyway you want, I just call it how I see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad