News: Poile not changing coach (UPD: he lied), says anyone is available. possibly sellers.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I mean if you still believe Mittelstadt will develop into a 60 point top 6 center then yes that deal looks like major overpayment. I am not as high on Mitts as I once was and think he will top out as a 40-50 point forward possibly moved to LW. The Sabres need a 2C to come in immediately hence why I figured I would need to offer an overpayment to get one available. And while Sam Reinhart is currently outscoring RyJo this year by a bit he also plays over 20 minutes a game compared to under 18 for Johansen.

What makes the trade more fair? Removing the 1st to a 2nd? Or adding a piece from Nashville. Does Nashville have any middle 6 wingers capable of 15-20 goals a season? The Sabres not only need a 2C but also another top 6/9 winger to replace the hole Reinhart would leave.

Is Johansen+Craig Smith for Reinhart+Mittelstadt+1st+Bogosian+pick/B prospect work for Nashville?

Preds get a lot younger in this trade. Frankly I think reinhart is better than Johansen. Sure Joey is a centre so you pay a premium for that, but I think reinhart is the better player and also 3 years younger. I think joey could be the better player but I question his work ethic. Hopefully Hynes gets him fired up again.

Definitely interested in Bogosian for our third pair, just his injury history scares me a bit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think Granlund will have a ton of value, but I think whoever gets him will be getting a steal. I think his lack of production will basically limit his return to a 2nd rounder or so, but I think Granlund's lack of production is due to the team he's on more than anything. Even without getting #1PP minutes, Granlund should be a 15-20 goal and 50-55 point player with good analytics.

Reactions: 57special

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Cap room or lack thereof and so many teams in the hunt hard to see to many teams being sellers. I suspect most teams will add and subtract up to the TDL.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Now with a new coach, granlund is almost certain to be traded by deadline.

Predators Looking To Trade Mikael Granlund
They have to trade him. He is one player where it really doesn't matter if the team is in the hunt for a playoff spot or not... he has just hasn't made enough of an impact that it would seem like he would matter one way or the other in the hunt. Guys called up from the minors have done better (Trenin). And there is no way whatsoever we could justify re-signing him.

I have no idea what went wrong with Granlund as a Predator... it's mystifying, and he has certainly been granted every possible opportunity to excel here. But for whatever reason, it just hasn't worked out. Maybe he goes somewhere else and lights it up again if he finds the right chemistry. He is young enough, skilled, and has shown no indications of any physical decline. But for us, I think there is enough data on hand to believe there are no miracle turnarounds forthcoming here. It would be nice to get a 2nd round pick for him. End of the day, we have to take whatever we can get, though.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ant chance the Preds get Gallant as coach???

cut.png

Reactions: topshelf15

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I mean if you still believe Mittelstadt will develop into a 60 point top 6 center then yes that deal looks like major overpayment. I am not as high on Mitts as I once was and think he will top out as a 40-50 point forward possibly moved to LW. The Sabres need a 2C to come in immediately hence why I figured I would need to offer an overpayment to get one available. And while Sam Reinhart is currently outscoring RyJo this year by a bit he also plays over 20 minutes a game compared to under 18 for Johansen.

What makes the trade more fair? Removing the 1st to a 2nd? Or adding a piece from Nashville. Does Nashville have any middle 6 wingers capable of 15-20 goals a season? The Sabres not only need a 2C but also another top 6/9 winger to replace the hole Reinhart would leave.

Is Johansen+Craig Smith for Reinhart+Mittelstadt+1st+Bogosian+pick/B prospect work for Nashville?

Start by removing Reinhart.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
3 way (Minny, Preds, Pens)

Pens: Brodin

Wild: RyJo + Oliver-Joseph

Preds: Wild 2020 1st (currently 8th OA)
+ Pens 2020 1st (currently 27th OA) + Galchenyuk

Pens get a top 4 D we need. Wild fans have said they won’t be doing a rebuild, so they get an elite center in RyJo and a guy to help replace their D in POJ.

Not really sure is Nash goes for this but RyJo has had a below average season by his standards, don’t think he returns another Seth Jones type trade. Assuming these standings remain roughly the same... I think a top 10 pick, another late 1st, and Galchenyuk who could be kept or flipped for more picks is not a bad deal. For them.

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017

Pens get a top 4 D we need. Wild fans have said they won’t be doing a rebuild, so they get an elite center in RyJo and a guy to help replace their D in POJ.

Not really sure is Nash goes for this but RyJo has had a below average season by his standards, don’t think he returns another Seth Jones type trade. Assuming these standings remain roughly the same... I think a top 10 pick, another late 1st, and Galchenyuk who could be kept or flipped for more picks is not a bad deal. For them.

Thats horrible trade for Pens. Brodin isnt worth POJ, 1st round pick and Galchenyuk. Pens have been fine with their mishmash of D core so far. Dumo and Schultz coming back will just make them more solid on D. Pens need wingers, so if they trade away 1st, it better be for a winger help.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Even if Minnesota isn't rebuilding they're not giving up a top-10 pick and Brodin for Ryan Johansen at $8m. I don't think POJ would be of interest either.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
what would be the ask for granlund form NSH fans?
Give us a 2nd rounder, and if more than 1 team is bidding a 2nd then add something - 5th pick, conditional something, lesser prospect - if you want to break a tie.

I imagine it is Trade Deadline SOP to wait until close to the deadline in the hopes that a bidding war somehow erupts that brings an even better return, however.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Give us a 2nd rounder, and if more than 1 team is bidding a 2nd then add something - 5th pick, conditional something, lesser prospect - if you want to break a tie.

I imagine it is Trade Deadline SOP to wait until close to the deadline in the hopes that a bidding war somehow erupts that brings an even better return, however.
Can Granlund play RW? If so I’d give up a 2nd from Vancouver.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, Brodin is worth POJ, Galchenyuk, and a very late 1st. He's actually worth more than that. The Wild would not be interested in that deal, at all.

Galchenyuk is an overpaid 5th wheel type guy who can no longer wave around the "potential" flag

POJ is a B prospect

1st is likely to be a very late one

Just a bunch of stuff adding up to nothing of note.

Granlund might make some team very happy after the TDL, but I don't understand what has happened to him. It's not like he is a lazy player, or has an attitude problem. At this point, NSH has to cut their losses and salvage what they can from him.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Preferably we hang onto Josi, Fabbro, Forsberg, and Arvidsson but literally everyone else is fair game.

I'd be very curious on what kind of return we could get on Johansen and one of Ekholm/Ellis.

I don't expect much to happen by trade deadline but I can see Jarnkrok and Watson traded this year especially with how Trenin and Blackwell have played. Smith and Granlund I'd like to get something back on as well. Tolvanen could be busting too, might be worth seeing what we can get on him.

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Based on Ekholm contract he is more valuable I feel. Plus we have Josi and Ellis to produce offense so we need Ekholm more. He is so underrated.

If we traded one of our big defensemen to Toronto it would be part of a bigger trade to send someone like marner our way.
I agree with your assessment of the previous post, but as long as dubas and shanny we in charge I don’t see any reasonable deal they’d made that includes our big 4 forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad