News: Poile not changing coach (UPD: he lied), says anyone is available. possibly sellers.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So what kind of system does Hynes run? Is there anyone that won’t fit in that we have currently?

Defense first? Offense first?

Who could be on the chop block?

Does granlund find his game now? Does Joey become a 70 point player again?

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
I feel like Mike Fisher could be a good option as coach. You know he wants to be around the game still. He has everyone’s respect. He’s a natural leader....
Not to mention his connection with the Preds.
I prefer Andy Delmore, Shane O'Brien, or Bill Houlder.

Reactions: Fixxer

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Ryan Johansen for Sam Reinhart, Casey Mittelstadt, 2020 1st (top 3 protected, would then be 2021 unprotected 1st), and Zach Bogosian (cap purposes).

Since the start of 18-19 Reinhart has out produced RyJo. 65 points last year and on pace for 65 points again compared to RyJos 74 last year and 52 point pace this year. Even going back to 17-18 Reinhart has exactly matched Ryjo and has 149 points in 207 games (.72 ppg) compared to RyJos 144 points in 200 games (.72). He is nearly 3 and a half years younger and is an RFA and likely will have an AAV lower then RyJos 8.

But RyJo is a center compared to winger like Reinhart so he earns a trade value premium. hence Mittelstadt who is still projected to be a 60 point 1B center. Unfortunately he was rushed way too early and was sent down but is still only 21, and has high end talent.

And then the 1st, which could very well be a top 8 pick which the Sabres have selected in every draft since 2013. Bogo is a pure cap dump in order for Buffalo to absorb RyJos 8 mil per deal.

Is Nashville interested? Reinhart literally replaces RyJos offense completely and they get a future top 6 center to replace RyJos open spot in the middle and add a likely 1st round pick.

What are Nashvilles needs?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Ryan Johansen for Sam Reinhart, Casey Mittelstadt, 2020 1st (top 3 protected, would then be 2021 unprotected 1st), and Zach Bogosian (cap purposes).

Since the start of 18-19 Reinhart has out produced RyJo. 65 points last year and on pace for 65 points again compared to RyJos 74 last year and 52 point pace this year. Even going back to 17-18 Reinhart has exactly matched Ryjo and has 149 points in 207 games (.72 ppg) compared to RyJos 144 points in 200 games (.72). He is nearly 3 and a half years younger and is an RFA and likely will have an AAV lower then RyJos 8.

But RyJo is a center compared to winger like Reinhart so he earns a trade value premium. hence Mittelstadt who is still projected to be a 60 point 1B center. Unfortunately he was rushed way too early and was sent down but is still only 21, and has high end talent.

And then the 1st, which could very well be a top 8 pick which the Sabres have selected in every draft since 2013. Bogo is a pure cap dump in order for Buffalo to absorb RyJos 8 mil per deal.

Is Nashville interested? Reinhart literally replaces RyJos offense completely and they get a future top 6 center to replace RyJos open spot in the middle and add a likely 1st round pick.

If I was Poile I would take that. But I doubt Poile would get that offer from Buffalo

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

I would make that deal in a heartbeat but I agree I'm not sure we'd get that offer.

As far as our needs go its hard to say because on paper our big issue are a top six LW and bottom pair defenseman. In reality, so many of our players are underperforming that our needs are basically our entire top six, goaltending, and bottom pair defensemen.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Craig Smith to the Bruins....What would it take?
A 2nd round pick or 2nd+sweetener that beats whatever 2nd round pick anybody else offers for him. :dunno:

Right at the deadline, assuming Hynes hasn't performed some miraculous resurrection of the team's fortunes, anyway.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

that's a massive overpayment by buffalo

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
So what kind of system does Hynes run? Is there anyone that won’t fit in that we have currently?

Defense first? Offense first?

Who could be on the chop block?

Does granlund find his game now? Does Joey become a 70 point player again?
Yeah Hynes! Maybe with better horse he'll have more success. I kind of see him like Deboer, cut his teeth on his pro coaching career and struggled, it finally clicked once he left that first team. How do you guys feel about Lavy coming to Jersey? He seems like he woudl be a similar fit like he was in Carolina the year they won, no?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
How do we get Ekholm & Sissons on Leafs?

No.

Ekholm & Sissons for Rielly?

Is bad. Why do we want Rielly? We have Ellis and Josi who play a similar game.

Ekholm is our best defensive defenseman and only makes 3.75, that's why you want him and that's why he's not available.

Neither player should be available at the moment.

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
leafs trade:

Ekholm 3.75
5th round pick 2020

Dermott 900k
Leafs 2020 2nd pick
Andreas johnsson 3.4 mill
Fred gauthier

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
leafs trade:

Ekholm 3.75
5th round pick 2020

Dermott 900k
Leafs 2020 2nd pick
Andreas johnsson 3.4 mill
Fred gauthier

That's incredibly bad. Ekholm is not moving. He's certainly not moving for Travis freaking Dermott and a 2nd. :shakehead

If you're going to ask for players that aren't available at least offer something you don't actually want to lose.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

That package for....Ryan Johansen? I mean, Nashville accepts that without a second look.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
That package for....Ryan Johansen? I mean, Nashville accepts that without a second look.

I mean if you still believe Mittelstadt will develop into a 60 point top 6 center then yes that deal looks like major overpayment. I am not as high on Mitts as I once was and think he will top out as a 40-50 point forward possibly moved to LW. The Sabres need a 2C to come in immediately hence why I figured I would need to offer an overpayment to get one available. And while Sam Reinhart is currently outscoring RyJo this year by a bit he also plays over 20 minutes a game compared to under 18 for Johansen.

What makes the trade more fair? Removing the 1st to a 2nd? Or adding a piece from Nashville. Does Nashville have any middle 6 wingers capable of 15-20 goals a season? The Sabres not only need a 2C but also another top 6/9 winger to replace the hole Reinhart would leave.

Is Johansen+Craig Smith for Reinhart+Mittelstadt+1st+Bogosian+pick/B prospect work for Nashville?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah Hynes! Maybe with better horse he'll have more success. I kind of see him like Deboer, cut his teeth on his pro coaching career and struggled, it finally clicked once he left that first team. How do you guys feel about Lavy coming to Jersey? He seems like he woudl be a similar fit like he was in Carolina the year they won, no?

I think NJ should really make a push for Lavi but I also think that every team with a coaching opening should. Despite me fully supporting his firing I also think Lavi is easily the best coach on the market. From Lavi's perspective I'd have to think NJ would be a fairly attractive destination especially given the young talent and the two first round draft picks this year.

Reactions: Smitty426

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I mean if you still believe Mittelstadt will develop into a 60 point top 6 center then yes that deal looks like major overpayment. I am not as high on Mitts as I once was and think he will top out as a 40-50 point forward possibly moved to LW. The Sabres need a 2C to come in immediately hence why I figured I would need to offer an overpayment to get one available. And while Sam Reinhart is currently outscoring RyJo this year by a bit he also plays over 20 minutes a game compared to under 18 for Johansen.

What makes the trade more fair? Removing the 1st to a 2nd? Or adding a piece from Nashville. Does Nashville have any middle 6 wingers capable of 15-20 goals a season? The Sabres not only need a 2C but also another top 6/9 winger to replace the hole Reinhart would leave.

Is Johansen+Craig Smith for Reinhart+Mittelstadt+1st+Bogosian+pick/B prospect work for Nashville?
After this deal, Jack asks for a trade and Pegula fired Botterill.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I think NJ should really make a push for Lavi but I also think that every team with a coaching opening should. Despite me fully supporting his firing I also think Lavi is easily the best coach on the market. From Lavi's perspective I'd have to think NJ would be a fairly attractive destination especially given the young talent and the two first round draft picks this year.
Excellent!
I am hoping that Poile/Shero friendship helps Ray get there!

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ekholm & Sissons for Rielly?

Based on Ekholm contract he is more valuable I feel. Plus we have Josi and Ellis to produce offense so we need Ekholm more. He is so underrated.

If we traded one of our big defensemen to Toronto it would be part of a bigger trade to send someone like marner our way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad