Pochettino Out, Mourinho In

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Reporter on RTP Portuguese television saying to look for Mourinho to make a big push for Bruno Fernandes to be his first major signing.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
EJza4bgX0AArUv9
You've got to move Kane up an inch.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They got a very close relationship so it wouldn't surprise me.

Obviously I don't know the new assistant manager Mourinho brought with him, but quite happy that Mourinho changing things up a bit with a younger guy - some new influences.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
A few key quotes from the article I posted a few pages back:

Mourinho had never been away from football for such a long time, and he used these almost twelve months to rethink his career. The first goal - at his family's request - was to try to find a club near his home in London, where his wife and two children have always lived, even when José Mourinho signed for Manchester United last year. PSG, China and even Italy - both Milan and Inter - were serious possibilities, but his wife Tami's appeals made him reject these offers, always with the hope of finding a London club to relaunch his career.

Inside sources told Plataforma that Tottenham will be coached by a different Mourinho: a calmer, less controversial and much more level-headed coach. In fact, the 'training' for this new profile was already visible in recent months, when the Special One started commenting on English TV. The idea of starting from scratch was heavily influenced by Mourinho's family, who also gave him the idea to 'drop' some assistant coaches who have always been with him, such as Rui Faria (his lifelong right-hand man) and goalkeeper coach Silvino.

But unlike what he has done in previous experiences, the 'new' Mourinho will bet on young players. Plataforma knows the Special One wants to sign a few experienced footballers, such as Manchester United's Matic. But the focus will be on young players, such as Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes (which Tottenham tried to sign before) and SL Benfica's central defender Rúben Dias.

In fact, Mou spent most of the past 12 months studying young players that could fit his new strategy. A young player he reportedly likes, and for which Tottenham may make an offer, is West Ham's central defender Issa Dioup. Ajax's Van de Beek also fits the bill, but the Dutch player is coveted by major European clubs.

Sounds like he is trying to turn over a new leaf.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Seen that kind of before. I remember AVB being a grumpy "%#"% at Chelsea after only some months. I was very skeptical about him moving to Spurs. Then in his first months at Spurs he said all the right things and looked like a man finally 100% comfortable with his position as a manager in England. I thought he had found his club and was looking forward to see Spurs playing like his Porto-team. I'm not sure when the change happened, but the last months at Spurs he once again was a miserable "#%"% like he was at Chelsea.

Will the same happen at Spurs when the novelty of it wears off for Mourinho? Personally I believe so, but it is not a given. I never expected Pochettino to turn into what he turned into. Unfortunately he changed for the worse - hopefully Mourinho can change for the better. Certainly possible with age and the experiences he has had to get different perspectives on things. And reading about his relationship with Campos I really hope that is something Spurs can pull off. Having a "friend" above him can't hurt.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'd expect him to be less grumpy than he was at United at least, considering that he was living in a hotel away from his family.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Sky sports in Germany saying that Poch being considered for Bayern job. I’m sure he’ll be linked to many clubs in the coming days and weeks.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Coward Pep Jackson will leave the PL for Juve/PSG after LFC win the title.

Poch is a perfect replacement for City. He would be wise to wait, but maybe the Banter FCs (Utd, Arsenal) will offer too much money and term right now for him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Coward Pep Jackson will leave the PL for Juve/PSG after LFC win the title.

Poch is a perfect replacement for City. He would be wise to wait, but maybe the Banter FCs (Utd, Arsenal) will offer too much money and term right now for him.
He's a coward for going to city and for leaving city? lol

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
joins club that had elite core and 600m transfer funds.

Will go to another team with massive backing/guarantee titles next summer.
... Should he take Crystal Palace on like in Fifa or FM? Name a manager that won without spending stupid money?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yup Allisson, VVD, Mane and Co all went through LFC's famed academy. This reminds me of some LFC fans that think they "made" Suarez. lol get real.
They had to sell key player to get those pieces.

Mane and Salah were bargains. Not sure the point you're trying to make.

He basically built the best squad in Europe with ~-90m in net transfer. No manager in the world can do that. Pep Jackson has ~-630m in net spend in comparison with City. Over 1 bil and only won UCL win the greatest player the sport has seen along with the greatest midfielders the sport has seen.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They had to sell key player to get those pieces.

Mane and Salah were bargains. Not sure the point you're trying to make.

He basically built the best squad in Europe with ~-90m in net transfer. No manager in the world can do that. Pep Jackson has ~-630m in net spend in comparison with City. Over 1 bil and only won UCL win the greatest player the sport has seen along with the greatest midfielders the sport has seen.

I honestly thought you were joking at first but your serious ok lets play.

Key player? Nope far from a key player Coutinho was at LFC in Klopps time. Either way they still SPENT stupid money to buy players to win. Does it matter how you get the money? It shouldn't, since at the end of the day your still spending a boat load to upgrade your team.

Keita a fringe player for 55+ million, Fabinho 50 million, OX another bench player over 40 million. They had at the time the most expensive keeper (before chelsea got dumb) and the most expensive defender.

As for the rest of it I don't even know where to begin are we arguing that Klopp didn't need to spend to win(his ONE trophy thus far) or Pep isn't that great of a coach. Pick one mate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad