Pochettino Out, Mourinho In

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Would gladly sever off a limb for Everton to fire Silva, and scoop up Poch. This is the English project The Special One has been looking for

jose-mourinho.jpg

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also this is jsut what we needed to spice things up as the international break comes to the end.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Unfair firing, they had one entire window where they bought absolutely no one due to the stadium situation, which is what is causing their demise, and he randomly gets fired. Never change Spurs, always second rate organisation.

Now with that said I don't think Pochettino is a RM or Barca calibre manager either. He always seems to get overrated on this board, but will be interesting who they replace him with and if Pochettino ever gets hired by a big club.
Pochettino out before Emery? Interesting.
Pochettino has been there like five extra seasons or something.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sad, but necessary.

I loved the 2017-Pochettino, but the 2019-Pochettino is a poor manager.

I am not convinced Pochettino will ever again live up to his 2015-17-hype. Baffling how he has gone away from what used to be his core principles. Both when it comes to tactics and how to approach games/challenges.

Really don´t know who I hope will take over. Would like someone like ten Hag, but I guess he wouldn´t leave now. He reminds me of the 2017-Pochettino. Fearless. Got a lot of respect for Allegri, but I really can´t see this squad playing his kind of football. Mourinho I actually would fit well, but I hate the idea of Mourinho turning grumpy again. After listening to Pochettino complaining, complaining and more complaining I don´t want Mourinho starting to talk about respect before he walks out of a press conference.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sad, but necessary.

I loved the 2017-Pochettino, but the 2019-Pochettino is a poor manager.

I am not convinced Pochettino will ever again live up to his 2015-17-hype. Baffling how he has gone away from what used to be his core principles. Both when it comes to tactics and how to approach games/challenges.

Really don´t know who I hope will take over. Would like someone like ten Hag, but I guess he wouldn´t leave now. He reminds me of the 2017-Pochettino. Fearless. Got a lot of respect for Allegri, but I really can´t see this squad playing his kind of football. Mourinho I actually would fit well, but I hate the idea of Mourinho turning grumpy again. After listening to Pochettino complaining, complaining and more complaining I don´t want Mourinho starting to talk about respect before he walks out of a press conference.

On a squad with the talent of Spurs, I think Mourinho could do very well...for 2 ish years. Then things would blow up as normal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Unfair firing, they had one entire window where they bought absolutely no one due to the stadium situation, which is what is causing their demise, and he randomly gets fired. Never change Spurs, always second rate organisation.

Now with that said I don't think Pochettino is a RM or Barca calibre manager either. He always seems to get overrated on this board, but will be interesting who they replace him with and if Pochettino ever gets hired by a big club.

Pochettino has been there like five extra seasons or something.

Well. One thing is losing ground to Liverpool and City - another thing is to be outplayed by Brighton, getting a lucky draw against Sheffield, being passed by Newcastle etc.

If Potter can get Brighton to play better after some months at Brighton than Pochettino after 5.5 years at Spurs I suggest there is more than just a window 1.5 years ago in play. Pochettino completely lost it at Spurs. 24 points in the last 25 league games or something.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
On a squad with the talent of Spurs, I think Mourinho could do very well...for 2 ish years. Then things would blow up as normal.

Yeah. Not arguing for Mourinho, but I could see it happening. In terms of the league Spurs would need some Mourinho-magic from 15 years ago to get into the top 4. If Mourinho fails and leaves in the summer Spurs can try again - hopefully not having been relegated. Really the only risk at the moment.

For a CL run Mourinho could certainly work.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Some great candidates out there. Big Sam, Pardew, Moyes, Sherwood, and McClaren. Spurs should act quickly before they are employed by another English team :D.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Best manager Tottenham have had in 50 years leaves with an astonishing record of 0 trophies, what a legacy to be remembered.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOL, rumours are that Mourinho is his replacement.

Talk about one overrated manager to a complete dinosaur tactician.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad