GDT: PO Game 5: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/20 7PM

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Oh man... the Penguins are to Bobrovsky as the Blackhawks were to Luongo. And the division format will make the matchup likely to reoccur in future seasons. Ugh.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
Bob has been to the playoffs four times, two with Philly and two with us. In 18 games he's has given up 55 goals.

Kentucky

Mar 25, 2014
Malkin was flopping all over too. Lost respect for him.

I like Torts overall but he needs to be more professional in these losing interviews. Acted like a dope over standard postgame questions.

I thought he handled it well, Actually, I thought he handled the whole season well. He knew, based on his past, the reporters were going to try to bait him into a soundbite that they could splash everywhere for web traffic, and he wasn't gonna give them that after his team just lost a playoff series.

Torts was like a proud papa of his team. He threw no one under the bus and gave the Pens credit for being a great team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nah, just don't really care what Pens fans think about our franchise or where it is headed. Just that you started off the post with some impression that we'd be ashamed kind of set the tone. Using the term "butt hurt" finished the impression....

I'll be honest, when we win a series I won't go over to the losing teams boards....

Glad I am not alone in this feeling. I know some Pens fans mean well, but we really don't care to hear it. Especially right now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
At this point the only reason to dump Tortorella is to get a certain shrill subset of Penguins fans to stop screaming over and over and over that he somehow makes this team a dirty team to anyone within earshot.

And yes, that's coming from someone who thought at the time of his hire that he could end up destroying this franchise.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If you want to get a true #1 center, Bob is your bait.

I've kind of already said I'm not really sure I want us to play Bob's next contract, but as far as the #1 center thing goes I'd like to see what our recent draft choice does as well as continue to watch Wennberg develop.

If we move Bob I'd like to see us acquire another goaltender and mainly use the money to pay internal contracts coming up the next few years.

I still think we should move Jenner to center.

Kentucky

Mar 25, 2014
If you want to get a true #1 center, Bob is your bait.

I had this conversation with my wife earlier. Granted, I do not think anyone will trade a number one center for Bob, but as far as trade value goes, especially if he wins the Vezina, which I believe he will, his value will never be higher.

Would be scary going into next season with Korpi, but we could get someone this offseason that could challenge for the starting spot. Yeah, people are going to say how Bob carried us the 2nd half of the season, which he did, but he wouldn't of had to if we could have scored more goals.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I feel we were ripped off by the refs. The refs took away our momentum and gave it back to the Pens with a pretty red bow on top. I am furious about officiating. Also pretty unhappy with Bob.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Would be scary going into next season with Korpi, but we could get someone this offseason that could challenge for the starting spot.

I'd be more scared with Forsberg. I still have the feeling that Elvis is where we are eventually heading.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Babcock will be thought to have done a better

I won't compare the two coaches, but Babcock is a HoF coach (as much as he turns me off). They both have done an outstanding job.

Honestly though I would have made a push for Tortz when he became available.

Kentucky

Mar 25, 2014
I'm not sure I'd go that far.

Yeah, I may be speaking a little out of emotion, but I do believe that we would have finished closer to the lottery than we would have the playoffs. Or am I still speaking out of emotion?? lol Who knows. I just hate that this season is over.:cry:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah, I may be speaking a little out of emotion, but I do believe that we would have finished closer to the lottery

If you are saying we would have been competing for a wild card, yes. When you say lottery that brings up images of the good old days, meaning the worst of the worst. You can now be a team that misses the playoffs by a point and be a lottery team.

Even though the Kings missed the playoffs, I wouldn't call them a lottery team.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I feel we were ripped off by the refs. The refs took away our momentum and gave it back to the Pens with a pretty red bow on top. I am furious about officiating. Also pretty unhappy with Bob.

We were - and if Bob were better and the forwards could score in the first two games I'd kvetch more about them.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

The officials had a tough series. That goaltender interference call was poor and gave the Pens the opportunity they needed to finish us off.

As far as Bob, don't be unhappy. He's the player that he is. You have to take the good with the bad. I was really hoping that he was beyond the "spiraling out of control" portion of his career.

I'm not unhappy just a little disappointed that he couldn't prove me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad