GDT: PO Game 5: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/20 7PM

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Seriously what happened to us these last few weeks? I thought we could put aside our struggles from late in the regular season in the playoffs. Clearly we couldn't. When we had 7 games left on our regular season schedule, we still had a decent shot at the President's Trophy. There is a reason Ohio teams haven't beaten Pittsburgh teams in the postseason in 27 years. Ohio teams don't have the talent to do so. We need to acquire better players in the offseason.

dhs22p

Oct 10, 2013
This one stings sure....Bob played as bad as we've seen him. But we've got ourselves a young talented team and we will be back. We got ourselves a little taste of playoffs can be like. Now we have to knock the door down next year! Go Jackets!

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
All I know is that I don't want to hear it anymore from the people around here when I give my assessments of Bob.

I asked for a goaltender at the deadline that could compete with Bob. At the time I mentioned Bishop.

We had no insurance and that is on the front office. I predicted this was more than an remote possibility and I'm a no one.

I was not visiting the board then but I would have agreed and supported your assessment. Not that it matters now...

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Some real questions about whether Bob is the guy to win big with in the playoffs - I don't think you jettison him just yet, but the Jackets can't afford to keep an $8 million goalie that chokes.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Bob can **** off. Rest of jackets team didn't deserve this.

I'm one of his biggest critics and can say this is very disrespectful to the man as well as the player. I'd be careful because some might think that first part of you.

Bob has been nothing but a first class person and he deserves our respect. He's done nothing put represent this franchise as a professional and a good person. He's works his rear off.

Yes, when things go bad he has a hard time getting out his funk. Yes this a concern moving forward, but there no excuse for posting this at someone, who by all accounts, is a good man.

Thanks

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Pens fans, TIME AND PLACE guys. No one wants to hear it after a series loss

Last edited:

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
Losing is never fun. That said...there's one really big bright spot imho from this series and that is the realization that Gabriel Carlsson is NHL ready. That's not something I would have thought the case a few weeks ago. It makes this offseason look much differently.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Disappointing last few weeks. Great season overall. At least we won a game and didn't get swept. We need elite talent up front fast and Bob needs to see a shrink.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I do worry for some of you and your state of mind. It's just a game, folks.

I picked this team to finish 6th in the Metro this year, so big picture this year was wildly successful.

How it ended is like eating a great meal, then finding a band aid in your last bite. It sours the whole experience.

They could have, and I am not saying this as a homer, but they really could have made this a series with even marginal goaltending.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So on Torts. He's a very smart man and he's really tried to change the type of coach that he is. A couple of notes.

1. He has selective loyalty. What he did to Nutivaara, as an example, is just odd. He punishes Saad, but let's other players off the hood. He basically allowed the team to go down with Bob.

2. He kind of beat himself with sitting out Quincy because of his speed. When it was still a series in games one and two Carlsson and Harrington made rookie mistakes. That might have contributed to Bob losing his confidence.

3. As far as the Pens fan thinking that playing a physical game was some kind of game plan from Torts. Are you kidding me? Being a physical team has been the core of this teams identity for long before Torts came along. That's what happens when you aren't as skilled as a team like the Pens. How did he think we were going to beat them? Out chance them? Out skate them? They have two of the best forwards in the game. We are far more skilled than we have ever been but we have to play as a hard working, hard forechecking team with a physical edge that attempts to wear teams down. So enough with that nonsense.

Thanks for the year of many firsts Blue Jackets.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
When has Bob played a good game in the playoffs or Olympics?
He was fine in the Olympics and in the World Cup. He just got toasted in the shootout. But neither of these matter as they are not NHL games.

He has been awful in the playoffs. That doesn't mean you go with Korpisalo, who was equally awful for Cleveland last year. You roll with the horses that got you there.

Well on what, exactly, would you have me base my assertion/opinion that Bobrovsky has not earned the right to be in net in this game? His play in January and February? The point wasn't to simply make it to the playoffs. The five games following April 9th are all that matter. So, yes, I'm pretty biased in my opinion that Bob's recent play has been wretched at worst and heartbreaking at best.

Edit: Before tossing about witty catchphrases, it might serve one well to understand its meaning and determine if it is truly appropriate to the conversation.

Bobrovsky deserved to be in the net. He is going to be either the Vezina winner or the runner up, and nobody pulls their goalie after a season like that. He was horse **** in the playoffs, obviously, but you roll with the horses that brought you to success, and that's Bobrovsky. I understand the frustration, and maybe Bobrovsky needs to be replaced this summer, but he deserved the net this game and every game this series. Anything otherwise is absolutely foolish.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What's abundantly clear is that they had Bob's number. They were making him move all around that crease and shooting from so many different angles. He never looked comfortable

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Bob had a .868 in the PO. You're not advancing with that. The team hung him out a time or two, but Bob owns this.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Those four words sum things up.:nod:

Agreed Moe, Fun season disappointing ending

Bob's my goalie, I will lose with him this year, but I will win with him in the future. He didn't play well this series and we are one & done but quite honestly as a team we need to be better, significantly better.

Kessel had a good series, but we got beat by Gentzal and by Rust - those two guys had 9 goals out of 21.

2019cupfinals

Apr 20, 2017
wait for it..

The frustration well understood. The blame game not at all. C'mon. Really? CJB won the most points in their history. Sergi had an unreal year-don't start with what have you done for me lately. Yes, he was well below his average this series. You want Mason back? Pitt is by far a superior team up front. To expect him to have a GGA of 1.75 is a pipe dream with this team against Pitt in the playoffs. Give the 19-23 year olds on this team a little time. And for the coach? Really? How would one like to be Chicago or Minnesota right now??

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I'm one of his biggest critics and can say this is very disrespectful to the man as well as the player. I'd be careful because some might think that first part of you.

Bob has been nothing but a first class person and he deserves our respect. He's done nothing put represent this franchise as a professional and a good person. He's works his rear off.

Yes, when things go bad he has a hard time getting out his funk. Yes this a concern moving forward, but there no excuse for posting this at someone, who by all accounts, is a good man.

Thanks
And he was 1 of the main reasons why Columbus made the playoffs.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I honestly got more interested in the Cavs and am just back. From what I saw the Jackets gave it what they had. 50 shots and 2 goals? It's pretty obvious what the needs are with seeking a more skilled forward or two, and the youngsters like Bjork and Wennberg need to get stronger and hopefully take the next step.

Wow, though, Bob absolutely sucked and I for one wasn't expecting that. When the Jackets fell apart after the streak, Bob was very good. When they started struggling offensively late in the year, Bob was very good and carried the team for weeks. He was really good to outstanding 98% of the year, then he gets the playoffs and... just wow. 5 straight garbage games. Really does make you wonder if he can be the guy. You have to go into next year with 1a backup now. Can't waste a season because he gets the yips in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad