GDT: PO Game 5: Columbus at Pittsburgh | 4/20 7PM

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Agreed Moe, Fun season disappointing ending

Bob's my goalie, I will lose with him this year, but I will win with him in the future. He didn't play well this series and we are one & done but quite honestly as a team we need to be better, significantly better.

Kessel had a good series, but we got beat by Gentzal and by Rust - those two guys had 9 goals out of 21.

Gentzal and Rust did play exceptionally well, but they benefit greatly from Kessel, Crosby and Malkin. Those three certainly can elevate others' opportunities and results.

I believe I heard them say Gentzal tied the rookie record for goals in first playoff set by the incomparable Rocket Richard.

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
He was fine in the Olympics and in the World Cup. He just got toasted in the shootout. But neither of these matter as they are not NHL games.

He has been awful in the playoffs. That doesn't mean you go with Korpisalo, who was equally awful for Cleveland last year. You roll with the horses that got you there.

Bobrovsky deserved to be in the net. He is going to be either the Vezina winner or the runner up, and nobody pulls their goalie after a season like that. He was horse **** in the playoffs, obviously, but you roll with the horses that brought you to success, and that's Bobrovsky. I understand the frustration, and maybe Bobrovsky needs to be replaced this summer, but he deserved the net this game and every game this series. Anything otherwise is absolutely foolish.

Yeah I dont think Korpi was the answer. It's a lose lose for Torts in that situation.

Unrelated, I don't know what Nutivaraa did to get in the dog house. I think he's one of the 4 best D men on the CBJ

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
How much of that was on Bob and how much was on the team in front of him?

I mean, that was bad.

Bob gets about 75% (look at the stats, yeesh), Defensive lapses get about 15%, and Game 1/2 scoring gets 10%.

The Pens are a great team, however and that should not be lost here. They were head and shoulders the more talented, defensive minded team. That is what ultimately wins out in the playoffs.

I'll also throw in that Torts's baffling defensive 3rd pairing deserves honorable mention.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
To expect him to have a GGA of 1.75 is a pipe dream with this team against Pitt in the playoffs. =

Good post but completely disagree with this part as yes, I fully expect a Vezina lock to perform much better than a near 4 GAA regardless of opponent.

And yes, goalies can do this against high powered offenses in the playoffs -- see Rinne, Pekka.

A lot of positives to build off this season but this isn't one of them. Next hill to climb is to not fall off a cliff after a playoff year.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The frustration well understood. The blame game not at all. C'mon. Really? CJB won the most points in their history. Sergi had an unreal year-don't start with what have you done for me lately. Yes, he was well below his average this series. You want Mason back? Pitt is by far a superior team up front. To expect him to have a GGA of 1.75 is a pipe dream with this team against Pitt in the playoffs.

Ok Stinson.

Who was expecting a 1.75 GAA average from Bob? Do you think we would have been upset at a 2.5 GAA? You bring up Mason?

I would like to congratulate your first post under that handle as a straw man. I love when people try and come across as the voice of reason to attempt to hide their straw man post.

The funny part of this whole thing is that I might be the least upset with him and I've been his biggest critic around here. This is who Bob is. The good can be crazy good, the bad can be deep and long. You can't be all that mad if your eyes are wide open going in.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
More wins in the playoffs than Calgary, Chicago, and maybe tied with Minnesota this year.

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Seriously who do you root for between the Pens and Caps... at least one will lose.

Is this even a question? I'd rather see Jeff Carter hoisting the cup for 10 years in a row than the Pens winning a single one ever again.

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Seriously who do you root for between the Pens and Caps... at least one will lose.

Pens. I've been to games in both cities - the Pens fans were fine, while the Caps fans weren't, and it's not like they've ever accomplished anything (Pens fans actually have something to brag about).

Kentucky

Mar 25, 2014

Caps, easy for me. The Pens are my least favorite team of any sport. I am pulling for the Preds from here on out. I watch quite a few of their games yearly on Fox Sports South. Not a fan by any means, but would love to see the popularity of hockey grow here in the south.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Malkin was flopping all over too. Lost respect for him.

I like Torts overall but he needs to be more professional in these losing interviews. Acted like a dope over standard postgame questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad