Post-Game Talk: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Theres a lot of noise in this thread..

But what it really all boils down to, regardless of what you think this teams timeline to be competitive is, is that the performance by the team and coaching staff this series is UNACCEPTABLE.

This. I wasn't expecting us to win, but I thought we'd at least TRY to win, at least go toe to toe with them. This team has been embarrassed at home for the 2nd time in a week; the Pens are making us look like a Beer League team. How tf did we even manage to win a game?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Kings did well in playoffs btw
Kings list but out everything in and can be period they lost to a big rugged twin brother in Vegas. Flyers are a f***ing disgrace to the city and to themselves and to fans around the world. No fixing till you kill the old so called core.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
This. I wasn't expecting us to win, but I thought we'd at least TRY to win, at least go toe to toe with them. This team has been embarrassed at home for the 2nd time in a week; the Pens are making us look like a Beer League team. How tf did we even manage to win a game?
Watching pens last year and watching them play us shows how bad we are from top down. Pens haven't had one game where they really out it in. They swept clb last year and held on for dear life and did every thing they could to hold on and win and look at this round and it's a laugher.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I grew up a Flyers fan - I never saw Hextall play (I was too young) but I've seen us in good times and bad. I watched every single game that last place season - our pathetic roster of revolving door slop (Calder, Mike York, Hatcher, Rathje, etc).

I have NEVER experienced this. I don't even want to watch our team. I am embarassed by them. I probably hated John Stevens more than anyone else and I was never this frustrated with him. Say what you want but if Hextall does NOT let Hakstol go; I am done with Hextall as well. If we start the season next year letting our young guys rot in the AHL (ya know the ones we parted ways with so many other players for while acquiring the likes of Flip, Lehtera, Weise), I probably won't watch. It's not a rebuild if you don't insert the players you've acquired in.

Also, this is our second "rebuild" in 10 years. At some point, the "rebuilding" is supposed to wind down while we gain consistent success - if that doesn't happen, it's not working

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Embarrassing.
V, Simmer, and G in this series (soft as hay, no heart, no brains, no courage, no balls):
standups.jpg

Reactions: DaphneLion

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I still think Hak is going to basically change nothing and still start Elliott tomorrow. And with the lines as they were and no method of how to even improve or go with what works, it's a guaranteed loss tomorrow. If anything, I truly hope Hak gets embarrassed enough to get his ass fired.

He prob will start Elliott - he and his team aren't in sync. That's exactly what this is. Like the guy who tells an inappropriate joke at a meeting; he isn't aligned with his players. Not on the same page, etc etc

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Hextall has brought in players for a playoff push the past two seasons. To me that signifies he truly believes this has been a capable playoff team.

He spent nothing to acquire those players. It's like paying $1 for a lottery ticket -- since it's only $1, who cares if it doesn't work out. If it does, then you win $1,000,000.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Weal looked good, definitely could have used his SPEED earlier in this series.
Konecny had some fire to him, definitely wish he capitalized on his breakaway.
But hey, still not sure why Konecny isn't playing with Giroux.
Patrick tried, he couldn't convert, but he at least tried.

Powerplay was atrocious. Feels super bad we couldn't score on 4 minute slashing call. We had maybe 4 minutes of good possession in their zone in the first period, but no real good opportunities.

Manning and MacDonald had no chance against Kessel+Crosby+Malkin on the first PP goal. Laughable PK units.
Goal #2 by Kessel was bad puck luck, but kinda weak.
MacDonald screened Elliott and made a nice tip in on Letang's goal.
I starting watching Iron Chef Gauntlet before the 2nd was over.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
He spent nothing to acquire those players. It's like paying $1 for a lottery ticket -- since it's only $1, who cares if it doesn't work out. If it does, then you win $1,000,000.

Mrazek cost a pick and Filpulla was either taken on as a free favor for Yzerman or inaccurately believed to be a positive addition.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Well just sat back and watched the game again painfully as it was. Way to many turnovers that did not have to be. What bothered me was the lack of fore check by the Flyers there was none to speak of. Way to many soft players on this team. When given the chance the Flyers for the most part did not make the pens pay the price. When you think of a Flyer's team you think of a hard working club who plays physical and fore checks the other team to death. Looking at the make-up of this club way to many soft players. TK, Patrick and Oscar along with Provorov are the core of the club for the future but Jake, Ghost and Simmer were brutal to say the least last night. Our PP was horrible at best(miss you Brayden Schenn). Elliott let in one poor goal. Hey my only preseason prediction was more points than last year-check. Making the playoffs was a bonus and we happened to draw the two time defending champs while two other teams tanked so they did not have to face them. Ron has his work cut out for him but the team is showing improvement during the regular season while inserting an influx of youth so I guess his plan is working to some extent. There are some players I hope move on next year such as Simmonds, Read, Filppula, Raffl, Weal, Lehtera, Weise, Manning and Neuvirth and hope Hagg, Morin, Vecchione and Carter Hart( I know) make the club. Anyway that's my two cents.

Reactions: tucson83

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I thought they showed up the first 3 games despite the 2 bad losses. Tonight was a different story.
Then they just aren’t good enough, and at the very least disappear in the face of intensity and adversity. What has this group of stars and this core of players accomplished since assembled? They’ve missed the playoffs 3 times, lost in the first round twice (about to be 3) and got out of the first round once. I’m sorry, but this team needs a full rebuild.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Besides the team sucking the majority of the people in the building are more concerned with getting shown on the scoreboard that watching the game. They need to stop putting fans up there it’s infutiating watching all these imbeciles just doing dumb **** the entire game trying to get on camera rather than paying attention to the game.
they have to entertain the fans somehow. the way the team plays surely doesn't

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Mrazek cost a pick and Filpulla was either taken on as a free favor for Yzerman or inaccurately believed to be a positive addition.

Yes, a very irrelevant pick for a 25 year old once highly-touted goalie that still could turn it around. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things if we don't re-sign him. It might as well be a $5 lottery ticket.

And Filp -- so you agree it's essentially a free player? One that filled the 3C spot since we had no one else who could fill it. He isn't particularly good anymore, but it's hard to call it a bad trade for us. It helped last year, oddly as people may believe that to be.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Besides the team sucking the majority of the people in the building are more concerned with getting shown on the scoreboard that watching the game. They need to stop putting fans up there it’s infutiating watching all these imbeciles just doing dumb **** the entire game trying to get on camera rather than paying attention to the game.

Are the Flyers giving them a product worth watching on the ice? Those fans paid to be entertained. If the scoreboard is more entertaining than the hockey game, then...(mad libs go here.)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yes, a very irrelevant pick for a 25 year old once highly-touted goalie that still could turn it around. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things if we don't re-sign him. It might as well be a $5 lottery ticket.

This is not how asset management works at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad