Post-Game Talk: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
There is no team in the league that has had playoff success in recent years being carried in the way this team would have to be by just a handful of players.

Your expectations are unfair of those players. They can't be properly evaluated like this with such utter dreck as depth. Even Malkin and Crosby had a lot of tough times until they were able to really add some great depth to that team (and an amazing coach, coincidentally).
My expectations are unfair and these players can’t be properly evaluated? Giroux has, what, 3 points in his last 11 playoff games? Voracek has 5 points in his last 21 playoff games. Simmonds has like 3 points in his last 21 playoff games. At what point can we pass judgment on their lack of ability to translate regular season success to the post season?

So, which is it? Is my evaluation of these players success in the playoffs overlooking what they did to get us here, or can they not be expected to perform in the playoffs due to the weight of circumstance, because those ideas are mutually exclusive.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
My expectations are unfair and these players can’t be properly evaluated? Giroux has, what, 3 points in his last 11 playoff games? Voracek has 5 points in his last 21 playoff games. Simmonds has like 3 points in his last 21 playoff games. At what point can we pass judgment on their lack of ability to translate regular season success to the post season?

So, which is it? Is my evaluation of these players success in the playoffs overlooking what they did to get us here, or can they not be expected to perform in the playoffs due to the weight of circumstance, because those ideas are mutually exclusive.

Simmonds is a role player and bad, so I'm not going to say anything else about that.

G and V, you are cherry picking small sample sizes all from very flawed teams. In playoff hockey flawed teams get picked apart by complete squads like pens and caps.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Judge them after their next playoff series with an actual NHL coach.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad