Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs. CBJ - Backs against the wall edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Jack Johnson has his best game while playing 26 minutes.

You know what you need to do, Sully.

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have this weird notion that JJ and Gudbranson are going to fill each other’s gaps.

When you multiply 2 negatives together, you get a positive. Maybe Johnson and Gudbranson would result in an amazing pair, where their negative wavelengths just end up canceling each other out and you get an amazingly effective, physical shutdown pair. :sarcasm:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I know we love to pile on Johnson hard. And I admit that I am one of those people when it’s going bad to jump on him also.

But does anyone have his advanced stats since Schultz has come back and moved him to his proper side?

I’d like to see them against when Schultz wasn’t here.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
CBJ perspective:

We don't care about losing to non-playoff teams

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
As long as you don't have Gudbranson and Johnson on the same pair, I'm not worried about the defense. I've actually been thinking that a Pettersson-Gudbranson pair complements each other well, so I wouldn't hate that pair if it became a thing.
I'm gonna be so sad when Pets sits for Maatta if we get healthy.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
++ Trotman/Pettersson/Johnson were all extremely solid.
++ Team looked cohesive despite the injuries.
+ McCann
+ Sid for Selke
+ Guentzel/ZAR just continue to be solid
+ Murray made the saves necessary to win.

- Transitioning out of the zone is going to be rough. As long as the forwards play deep and don’t rush out of zone, we will be okay. This could be exactly what we need to get cohesive team defense.
- Still lots of turnovers in transition
- More injuries

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Loved the effort. Loved it. Columbus is under extreme pressure now, after what they did at TDL. McCann is clutch, also liked Trotman, he was very solid, imo. I am not sure why we need Kessel going forward. This team is at its best when they are focused on team game, and that includes forwards playing defense. It was a very solid team game, just like in Philly last time. They got rewarded, for once. But we don´t need Kessel, he is doing nothing anyway.
I know you are hating on Phil for a while, but it rings true, he needs some kind of shock therapy, nothing is going his way, nothing, even against Phily he had a bunch of chances its just not working...

Reactions: EightyOne

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Anyone else laughing just a little bit about how CBJ sold the farm going all in and the Penguins still own Bob so hard that they won with half AHL defense?

Not laughing, just pretty much expected this outcome TBTH. This felt like a huge trap game for the Jackets.

Their beat guy was on the radio and basically said this would be a difficult game for the Pens to win... they were walking into a buzzsaw with how cranked up the Jackets and their fans would be with the deadline stuff, etc.

I was kind of rolling my eyes because first he said Bob was starting, but mostly because this felt like the kind of game the Pens would always lose when they were in the Jackets position.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Vs BUF, probably looks like:

Jake-Sid-Horny
ZAR-G-Phil
McCann-Bjugs-Simon
Blueger-Cullen-Wilson

JJ-Schultz
MP-Gudbranson
Riiko-Trotman

I read a quote from JR saying he hopes he gets some D back this weekend. I dunno if that tipped his hand that Tanger may be back or...

If Tanger's this weekend:

JJ-Letang
MP-Schultz
Then it's either:
Guds-Trotman
or
Riiko-Guds

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm gonna be so sad when Pets sits for Maatta if we get healthy.

I like to think that won't happen, because Pettersson has been really good to me. I imagine the Penguins feel the same way. Whether they agree remains TBD, but I honestly can't imagine that they'll scratch Pettersson after how he has performed for them. He has been their 3rd best defenseman on the year overall. He's only the 3rd best because he hasn't played that much with Crosby on the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad