Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens vs. CBJ - Backs against the wall edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
+ The 3rd line... McCann is particular. This kid is going to be a fixture on L3 for a long time.

+ Sid's last 10 minutes should be on his Selke reel.

+ Geno was engaged all game long.

+ 2 points against a direct rival on a night everyone in the race is getting points.

I could write minuses, but I prefer to focus on the positives.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Yuuuge game by our 3rd line. They were by far our best line. This is the kind of secondary scoring we need to be successful against good teams.

My two minuses Kessel and 'sheary wannabe' Simon

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm shocked. I thought for sure this would be a horrendous loss.

Outside of a Great 20 minutes, a bad 20 minutes, and decent 20 minutes... they looked surprisingly good with the usual glaring issues.

Nah obvious win after our deadline...and theirs.

Now the big tests are coming up...if we can keep this going.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++++++ Geno/ZAR = Much as it pains me to admit @ColePens was right about his boy, these two really have something cooking. And, they had Columbus on their heels all night.

Want to know what Sully thought of Geno's game tonight? He was on the ice with the EN on Sid's wing. And, yes, his 200 foot game was that good. And, ZAR is winning battles, mucking it up like Malone, Talbot, Kunitz used to. Getting Geno some time and space with the puck, and weird thing is Geno is 100% trusting him out there.

P.S.: Phil is ******* killing them. If Phil were even traditionally okay Phil, ZAR-Geno-Phil would've eaten Columbus alive.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Solid road win despite a breakdown there in the 2nd.

McCann has a hell of a game.

Geno was dancing.

Sid was solid in spurts.

D was pretty solid minus cough drop.

Murray looked steady despite that glove hand shit show.

Big minus to how this team gets manhandled physically with regularity. 4 guys knocked out now in the last 2 games...

I’m sure McQuaid is shaking in his boots for the next game with Gudbranson in...

Reactions: Rudy Russo

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This is me wading in to the negativity that is HFPens

4cETkOc.gif

big win boys. keep it going.
Funny that you pick a thread that is actually positive for that gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ Bent but didn't break

+ The defense. This defense is abysmal on paper. But they battled and kept it simple. Riikola had a terrible game but other than that, everyone else stepped up. What performances by JJ and Zach Trotman. Trotman deserves another game the way he played.

+ With this win we're only one point back of Montreal despite them winning tonight and we have a game in hand. So we control our destiny. Columbus has a game in hand on us and if they won that would be one point ahead of us.

+ Jared Mcbigman. His best game in a Pens uni I think. Was very noticeable and scored two huge goals. Maybe saved our season.

+ Murray. One bad goal, but controlled it after that. Made a few huge saves.

+ Sid/Geno. Led, as they often do in these situations.

- Bob. This guy just seems to wilt in big games. Columbus can't have that.

- Riikola. So bad tonight. I like him, but this was his worst game in a Pens uni.

- Injuries! Hope Rust isn't gone for long.

- Kessel. I'm running out of bad things to say about him. He looks like a passenger out there at best, and an active negative at worst. Come on #81. You are so much better. Get your head out of your ass.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
McCann (and Bjugstad, who I still think will find his game here) for a wholly ineffective Brassard and Sheahan is a move so good it might actually negate the Gudbranson trade.

Whoa there...don’t count your chickens...he hasn’t even appeared on the ice yet to suck...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Good win. Dunno if we win that game with Kinkaid in net. But hopefully Columbus continues playing Bob against us.

Reactions: wizmet12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad