Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don’t wish injuries on people but I actually HOPE PLD is hurt because he’s just completely invisible and useless. He needs to turn his game around because it’s looking like Chevy got taken to the cleaners on this trade

Reactions: GNP

Guido Borsato

Mar 10, 2017
Honest question: do you protect PLD in the expansion draft?

As it stands now, the 5 forwards that will be protected for sure are: Wheeler, Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers, Lowry.

That leaves you with 2 more forwards to protect out of this grouping of 4: PLD, Copp, Appleton, and Harkins.

Here is the rub: PLD is scheduled to earn 6.65M in actual salary next year! Which means if they decided to protect him in the expansion draft AND qualify him at the end of the 21-22 season he has to earn at least 6.65M (possibly 5% more than that, I'm not sure of the rule exactly).

This will be a real, meaningful discussion amongst the Jets' front office in the off-season.

Did you ever think it would come to this?

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019

As it stands now, the 5 forwards that will be protected for sure are: Wheeler, Connor, Scheifele, Ehlers, Lowry.

That leaves you with 2 more forwards to protect out of this grouping of 4: PLD, Copp, Appleton, and Harkins.

Here is the rub: PLD is scheduled to earn 6.65M in actual salary next year! Which means if they decided to protect him in the expansion draft AND qualify him at the end of the 21-22 season he has to earn at least 6.65M (possibly 5% more than that, I'm not sure of the rule exactly).

This will be a real, meaningful discussion amongst the Jets' front office in the off-season.

He’s a 22 year old Center, ridiculous to think he wouldn’t be protected.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, guy was a completely different player in Columbus. You don't just magically become terrible.

Never mind Columbus, he was a completely different player with us at first, even though he was coming out of quarantine. Then he got hurt. Then he got hurt again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

It hasn't come to this. No chance he is not protected. None.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim

Stay off of our boards Kraken spy!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Pretty underwhelmed by PLD ... I kind of chose to ignore his game for the last weeks... or months rather but you can't look away anymore when he needs to be our first line center which he is supposed to be able to be. One can only hope he is playing injured all along

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011

there is no need to protect wheeler... no team will want his ridiculous salary

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Well, it's likely the end of the season and he has supplanted Scheifele as the 1C. Just sayin'... :nod:
My point is that semantics aside- this should be a lesson for the "grass is greener" folks... many here were saying Scheifele wasn't a true #1 C and PLD was going to steal that job in a few months. Now after watching the two players- PLD doesn't even look in the same tier of player as Scheifele let alone being able to play in Scheifele's role. Folks would be wise to apply the same lesson when they make projections about Perfetti.

We are luck that Scheifele is a Winnipeg Jet. We have 3 more seasons of Scheifele left and we may not be able to re-sign him... enjoy it while it lasts- getting a C of that quality isn't easy and it maybe a while before we get another one... look at the habs/CBJ who haven't had a 1C in forever.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Is this a serious question or are you tripping on blotter???
I'm too lazy to look...are you on the Jackets' board asking them if they are protecting Laine???
Somebody told me the Seattle fans are knowledgeable...

Reactions: Luc Labelle

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Never mind Columbus, he was a completely different player with us at first, even though he was coming out of quarantine. Then he got hurt. Then he got hurt again.

The Wheeler injury was around the turning point for him. Before that period PLD was playing well and I was happy with his contributions. He had managed to drag Connor's underlying metrics into positive something that hadn't been done in a while and even when he was not scoring he was unlocking his linemates and playing in the offensive zone but in my head he didn't look the same player after around the time Wheeler got hurt. Not sure what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad