Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Then things have changed. I've spent some time there and found Columbus to be very quiet. Especially at night. But mostly I'm referring to the political differences.
I looked it up and over the last 4 presidential elections they went twice for each party. Not that much of a difference. There are states that are much more clearly polarized……..and polarizing.

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
I’m not suggesting athletes have poor diets, just saying they indulge. Justin Verlander was well known for eating Taco Bell before every start and Michael Phelps was a frequent visitor to McDonalds…..perhaps unsurprisingly :laugh:.

I agree, one cheat meal isn’t a poor diet. A lot of pro athletes will have one or two cheat meals per week in the off season but will decrease that to one to zero during the season. Some during the season might have a cheat meal every 2 weeks or once a month. That certainly does not mean they have a poor diet.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I did live next door & shared a garage with a girl who married one of the Moose. Players were frequently over & all had impeccable diets & these were the young ones. They certainly drank tho!

There you go then. :)

Alcohol does a lot more harm to your body, your health and your fitness than a few cheeseburgers do. Or even a lot of cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers are high in protein as well as in calories. The calories can be burned off pretty quickly by an athlete.

Reactions: GNP

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
There you go then. :)

Alcohol does a lot more harm to your body, your health and your fitness than a few cheeseburgers do. Or even a lot of cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers are high in protein as well as in calories. The calories can be burned off pretty quickly by an athlete.
It does, but moreso over the long term. Twenty something, athletic types won't notice the impact for a while.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It does, but moreso over the long term. Twenty something, athletic types won't notice the impact for a while.

True - it is a time bomb. They won't notice the effect, but it is already there on a small scale.

Pre-game eating habits are important. There are foods that produce lethargy for a few hours after consumption (turkey + mashed potatoes + lots of gravy and stuffing :laugh: ) and others that produce a little burst of energy.

Beyond that, all it takes is balance. "Balanced diet", including caloric balance. The rest is food fadism. And kale is not food. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad