Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
His game has been progressively getting better and I have hope that will continue through into playoffs. Playoff hockey can be a grind which I think benefits PLDs style of game.

if Ehlers comes back, it should be time to deploy the centres as they should be:

Scheifele
PLD/Stastny
PLD/Stastny
Lowry

what a matchup nightmare

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Preferably in front of me lathered in hot sauce.
been feeling the dry rubs lately :naughty:

Connor - Scheifele - Harkins
Copp - P.Dubois - Ehlers
Vesalaine - Statsny - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Appleton

But thats just me.

would not play harkins more mins than ehlers, wheeler or copp.

Also would love to see wheeler perhaps bumped down. but its gonna be csw

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not splitting Schiefele and Wheeler up at this point. They both look like they're getting going. I know people hate csw but they've been our most prolific scoring line. Just get them out there every moment mcd is not.

Build 2 lines to handle McDavid, with Copp Lowry Appleton as the main counter and Pld ehlers Stastny as the second.

The 4th line is more than able to match against the Oilers 4th line

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Connor - Scheifele - Ehlers
Copp - PLD - Appleton
Harkins - Statsny - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Lewis

I'd set them up like this:

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler (Wheeler will be on this line - no point in trying to ignore it - hope they bring it)
Perreault - PLD – Ehlers (vs McD - high energy / Scoring / defensive)
Copp – Lowry – Appleton (vs McD - heavy checking / defensive)
Harkins – Statsny - Lewis (safe 4th - more energy for Stas)

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler (Wheeler will be on this line - no point in trying to ignore it - hope they bring it)

And tbh, you can swap PLD/Stastny as need be.

Reactions: LowLefty

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021

I actually really like that. I love that second line and I think it could do damage. Also feel Stastny is much better at center...

I'm not CSW's biggest fan but if they're playing well it definitely gives us options.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Here's hoping what we are seeing from PLD is an aberration and not what we will get going forward starting next season. He's constantly falling, taking a few dumb penalties, really no offensive production, so far. Maybe he's hurt, who knows.

Right now CBJ fans and Jets fans are trying to decide who won the trade based on which player sucks the least.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Here's hoping what we are seeing from PLD is an aberration and not what we will get going forward starting next season. He's constantly falling, taking a few dumb penalties, really no offensive production, so far. Maybe he's hurt, who knows.

Right now CBJ fans and Jets fans are trying to decide who won the trade based on which player sucks the least.
Did PLD get swapped for Perrault for a few shifts in OT?

Reactions: FonRiesen

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Did PLD get swapped for Perrault for a few shifts in OT?
He did. I also don't think he took a shift the last 5 or so minutes of the first OT. He "only" played 20 minutes 5v5. Only the injured Ehlers on our top 9 was even close, and Ehlers still played 3 minutes more 5v5. I'm relatively certain he would still be out with an injury if it weren't the playoffs.

More reason to hope that the Leafs-Habs series turns into a 7 game meat grinder. Give our injured guys some rest.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He did. I also don't think he took a shift the last 5 or so minutes of the first OT. He "only" played 20 minutes 5v5. Only the injured Ehlers on our top 9 was even close, and Ehlers still played 3 minutes more 5v5. I'm relatively certain he would still be out with an injury if it weren't the playoffs.

More reason to hope that the Leafs-Habs series turns into a 7 game meat grinder. Give our injured guys some rest.

I'd have to guess PLD is hurting -
His skating is way off and that is not something that comes and goes based on how "on" your game is.
I agree - this time off might be just what he needs

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
PLD looked tentative along the boards and didn't have much fight in him when battling for puck. He held his own and was still a positive for us in the ice. Hope he heals and be 100% for the next round.

Reactions: roccerfeller

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He doesn't look like the same player that he was in his first couple dozen games here (till right before the Wheeler injury), back then even when he wasn't scoring he was contributing on the ice away from the puck and driving play. Lately he has just been "a guy". Not sure what's going on.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I'm thinking he's skating with an ongoing groin injury. I found this quote / text from a sportsnet article back in Feb. His skating stride seems to be tight with restrained extension. I guess we will find out eventually.

"The false start and “muscle injury” (the words of Dubois when asked if it was a groin issue that kept him out) setback only added to the frustration".

Reactions: AlaskaJet

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Hate to say it, but unless PLD has an unknown injury and is trying his best while being hurt, it's put up or get the hell out time.

Pretty sure when we traded Laine for PLD we were expecting more.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->