Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
This has been a tough season for this young man. When it’s over I will hit flush and be ready to start fresh next season. I am expecting a nice bounce back season in 21-22. It could be worse, he could be whining about needing better line mates.

Agree. Hard to make any sense of this season, and it isn't like his body of work doesn't provide some hope -- there were plenty of CBJ fans and pundits even before last season's playoffs breakout who were gushing about his play and potential.

He's 22. He had a bizarro transition between teams. I think we need to see him fully healthy and maybe bedded in with a stable set of linemates before letting him walk for nothing and trading him for scraps. And the local hacks maybe need to give him a Wheeler-sized break -- so many stories about the giant disappointment he's been lately. How many Jets players not named Helle have burnished their resumes in this series?

Would be great to see him dominate tonight and tomorrow, but I still think he'll be an important player for us, whether or not he was full value for Laine.

Reactions: Jack7222 and ps241

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
he only produced half the points as laine did in the same amount of time...so is it really a bust taking that into account...Im saying what u see is what u r gonna get at best from pld ...he had one great span against the leafs...and nothing spectacular before or after

Bull crap.. this kid was pruducing and getting increasingly more effective. Yeah his playing with Panarin really helped his production, but Bread left in 2019 off season and last year PLD was one of our stars. Then he quit on us, and has never really restarted for the Jets. That talent doesn't disappear. Has to be physically hurt, that is the only explanation that makes sense.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I wanna hear the official story once the season is over but man... he has been a dud this season. Willing to give him a chance next year obviously but damn, he has not lived up. I don't think Laine fairs any better on this team in the post-season though.

What’s with these Home Depot rumors? I keep hearing this from my friends in Winnipeg that PLD loves Home Depot…is this some sort of joke?

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
What’s with these Home Depot rumors? I keep hearing this from my friends in Winnipeg that PLD loves Home Depot…is this some sort of joke?

I think he's been spotted at HD a bunch during the playoffs. I don't know the full story but I think he's helping his dad do some renos or something???

Ramland 07

Apr 10, 2019
Should he be moved to the wing next season? Id like to have perfetti at center on that 2nd line

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Wow, we went to drafting a guy like Laine who would be considered a first-overall in many drafts to essentially losing him and Roslovic for nothing.

Some people made stupid talk about Scheifele looking like he was on drugs the night he pulverized Evans, but you know what... if someone said that PLD played while drunk I'd go "hmmmmm, you may have something there."

I said during the regular season that I'd give him one full season to judge him, starting in 2021-2022, but if he doesn't require some sort of surgery in the offseason I really don't know what the hell his excuse was this season.

Just. Plain. Brutal.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Yeah I see him on the wing with Lowery and Appleton as he isn't a 2C.
He was quoted in the press as saying that he was more comfortable at centre and he considered himself a better player at centre. We have better players on the Moose. What has it been, 23 games without a goal?

Reactions: irunthepeg

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
He was quoted in the press as saying that he was more comfortable at centre and he considered himself a better player at centre. We have better players on the Moose. What has it been, 23 games without a goal?
Playing in the top 6 the whole time, guy has no hands, it's clear as day.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I think he looked lost most of the year. He had Torts as his only NHL coach up til this year and I think he has PTSD. Played scared to make a mistake and now his confidence is shot. And we don’t have a head coach that can get him back on track.
Only good thing is, Chevy looks so bad from this trade he might do the unthinkable and fire Maurice to try and get him playing to level he’s supposed to be capable.

Reactions: irunthepeg

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Bull crap.. this kid was pruducing and getting increasingly more effective. Yeah his playing with Panarin really helped his production, but Bread left in 2019 off season and last year PLD was one of our stars. Then he quit on us, and has never really restarted for the Jets. That talent doesn't disappear. Has to be physically hurt, that is the only explanation that makes sense.

That really doesn't sound good.

We traded a player who'se main beef was to play on a top line. To a guy who quits on his team.

Oh i forgot Roslo quit on the Jets also. That evens it out.

Benjamin Doveridge

Apr 15, 2019
The thing is, he isn't this bad -
He's come up through the ranks as a top prospect and played well in his past NHL career -
It makes no sense but I assume we will know what this is all about at some point.
Everyone has to be wondering what the hell is going on - I assume someone knows and isn't telling us.

You are only as good as your last few games.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
April 5 2021

The significance of that date? That was 23 games ago... the last time PLD bent the twine.

Some other Jets that have scored since then:

Lewis - 4
Forbort - 2 ( f***ing Forbort :laugh: )
Perreault - 3
Lowry -4
Appleton - 4
Harkins - 1
Toninato - 1

If what we are seeing is the real PLD, and this is him going forward... then Chevy got taken to the cleaners.

Nov 24, 2006
April 5 2021

The significance of that date? That was 23 games ago... the last time PLD bent the twine.

Some other Jets that have scored since then:

Lewis - 4
Forbort - 2 ( f***ing Forbort :laugh: )
Perreault - 3
Lowry -4
Appleton - 4
Harkins - 1
Toninato - 1

If what we are seeing is the real PLD, and this is him going forward... then Chevy got taken to the cleaners.
Wow. Joey Tomato even outscored him. Brutal.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad