Player Discussion: PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd have to guess PLD is hurting -
His skating is way off and that is not something that comes and goes based on how "on" your game is.
I agree - this time off might be just what he needs

I want to beleive this. But he can’t be hurting for 4 or 5 months now could he ?? Wouldn’t the Jets just shut him down ?

I seen Him throw a heavy body check last game. I can’t figure it out.

I called wheeler being hurt at the beginning of the year. But I watched him shoot the puck over and over and I could easily tell he had no power. I haven’t been able to find anything with pld.

I don’t want to say he’s just playing “ the shift “ type of hockey but if he’s not hurt what’s going on here ?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I want to beleive this. But he can’t be hurting for 4 or 5 months now could he ?? Wouldn’t the Jets just shut him down ?

I called wheeler being hurt at the beginning of the year. But I watched him shoot the puck over and over and I could easily tell he had no power. I haven’t been able to find anything with pld.

I don’t want to say he’s just playing “ the shift “ type of hockey but if he’s not hurt what’s going on here ?

I mean look at Morrissey last year vs the second half of this year. I think its clear by now given how allergic he was to contact last year vs how physical he's been lately he was playing hurt.

Dubois hasn't looked right to me for a whil. It depends on the injury. His may allow him to throw big hits but not do other things he usually does really well.

I watched him a lot for Columbus and he's nowhere near as explosive for us.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I mean look at Morrissey last year vs the second half of this year. I think its clear by now given how allergic he was to contact last year vs how physical he's been lately he was playing hurt.

Dubois hasn't looked right to me for a whil. It depends on the injury. His may allow him to throw big hits but not do other things he usually does really well.

I watched him a lot for Columbus and he's nowhere near as explosive for us.

I agree. Maybe it’s a lower body injury preventing acceleration and cuts . He seems to just skate straight and lose the puck in a battle every time he is skating over the opponents blue line. Reminds me of how Kane played kinda

I think you may be on to something here

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yep, I agree.

He's a quick-skating playmaker, who can also score. He isn't a prototypical power forward, IMO, despite his size and strength. If you home in on him during games he's making really good smart, deft passes all the time -- weirdly, he'd have made a heckuva partner for Laine, IMO.

I have zero concerns that he'll continue developing into a very valuable player, and a true 1C. Don't see him accepting Copp/KC money given that possible trajectory.
The interesting thing about PLD is that he plays like a big physical C defensively in his own zone, but more like a speed / finesse C offensively. I just thing he's used to a very different style of offense than the Jets play. At this point, I think he might be most effective offensively on a line that has speed through the neutral zone but then focuses on a cycle in the offensive zone, rather than a lot of criss-crossing routes that Ehlers and some other forwards favour.

Also, I think he does better with a playmaking winger who can dissect opposition (as Panarin did in Columbus). Connor and Ehlers are more about speed and looking to the net. I think Perfetti might be a really good complementary winger for PLD. He can QB offense from LW, while PLD can use his speed and passing to put D on their heels.

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Perfetti-PLD-Wheeler
Copp-Lowry-Vesalainen
Perreault-Gus-Lewis

Jets would have a bunch of cap space for a top D, even with a re-signed Copp.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Groin injury? Sure, absolutely.

Not shutting him down in the PO.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I hope PLD heals or gets whatever surgery he needs after the season and then I would love to see him train with Mark S during the summer to get into peak shape.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We need PLD to come out of his shell and perform, especially if Stastny is not in the lineup.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maybe pressure's what he needs -
A little more added tonight - show us what you can do Pierre Luc

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Maybe pressure's what he needs -
A little more added tonight - show us what you can do Pierre Luc

I think your right -- a lot more pressure, and all his home friends and family watching from Montreal.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Some people wanted to give him an 8 year/8 million AAV contract right away lol.

For a team with a lot of centre depth, we seem to be missing centres right now.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
He's been Pierre Luc-Dud so far... but I won't write him off after the first season. Hoping he comes to play in games 3/4 and if not, at least next season hopefully. The depth of him and Scheif down the middle (especially if we keep Staz and he plays decently - or if Perfetti makes it as 3C) is great.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hate to say it, but unless PLD has an unknown injury and is trying his best while being hurt, it's put up or get the hell out time.

Pretty sure when we traded Laine for PLD we were expecting more.

We traded Roslo for PLD, and Columbus won the trade.

Who did we get back for Laine?

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Everyone hoping PLD is hurt because there is no way we traded Laine for someone this ineffective , right?
Exactly-he must be injured. His balance and skating and decision making are absolute trash-not even AHL level. He is playing injured...or there are mental health issues.

Orrrules

Mar 6, 2021
The guy can skate and check but his hands are nothing to write home about. He's another Lowry.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I'm bitter about the way he left Columbus, with that said upfront I am pretty sure he must be hurt. PLD was a horse for us beating TML last year in the playin series & he worked his tail off in the series loss to TB. I thought this season the guy would really become a driving the net power forward, but he seems to have regressed. I'm sure he will figure it out. Not sure it will matter the way Price is playing right now

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Exactly-he must be injured. His balance and skating and decision making are absolute trash-not even AHL level. He is playing injured...or there are mental health issues.
If thats the case Im more then pissed at the Jets org for not resting him soon as we had a playoff spot locked up. Or were they to focused on that losing streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad