Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Frog legs are basically chicken drumettes at twice the price. And yes, I have had both. Have I had them in Paris? No, nor will I ever. But I can't believe the locale makes them that much better. If anything, the cost of travelling there makes them even more of a ripoff.

Yes, I'm drunk. Yes, I'm in a pissy mood. Sue me. :laugh:
While visiting friends in Ohio, they took me out "frogging". The limit was 10 and we took home 20 BIG bullfrogs.
We deep fried them the next day and man were they yummy.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
While visiting friends in Ohio, they took me out "frogging". The limit was 10 and we took home 20 BIG bullfrogs.
We deep fried them the next day and man were they yummy.
Hope you’re all juiced up for the Baaston game. I’m really glad Lowry is on when Brad “Zinjanthropus “ Marchand leaves his cave.
Gloves dropped will there be..
BTW, in Oregon I noticed that the frog legs (ouaron) nearly jumped out of the pan, we didn’t cut the tendons! 😂
:laugh:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Frog legs are basically chicken drumettes at twice the price. And yes, I have had both. Have I had them in Paris? No, nor will I ever. But I can't believe the locale makes them that much better. If anything, the cost of travelling there makes them even more of a ripoff.

Yes, I'm drunk. Yes, I'm in a pissy mood. Sue me. :laugh:
Not sure how we got on frog legs...but I have actually had them in Paris...not worth the hype lol

Reactions: GNP and ps241

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
There has always seemed something really different about PLD. Everyone of us on this board have seen him at times being an unstoppable machine and think holy shit sign this player at any cost. Those games got fewer and fewer as the season progressed, until by the end of last season he seemed to have lost interest. Amazingly Chevy found a buyer and got an amazing return. But watching him in LA this season he seems content just to be a NHL player who makes a big salary in a fun place to live if you are rich, but the actual hockey part of it isn't a passion. Not similar playing styles but he reminds me of Daigle. All the talent in the world, put very little passion for the game.
Maybe guys not wanting to sign long term here is a decent filter that removes players you don't actually want in your team long term. PLD, Laine, Kane - all wanted out of Winnipeg and getting rid of each of them have been blessings in disguise.

I'm sure we do miss out on some great players who don't want to sign here, but it's also true that if you don't want to be here we probably don't want you

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe guys not to sign long term here is a decent filter that removes players you don't actually want in your team long term. PLD, Laine, Kane - all wanted out of Winnipeg and getting rid of each of them have been blessings in disguise.

I'm sure we do miss out on some great players who don't want to sign here, but it's also true that if you don't want to be here we probably don't want you
evander kane did sign a long-term deal here
if PLD or Laine wanted to sign here long-term, which i do think Laine was v open early to on in his tenure, i think the team would have signed them. but there's no question that the team has been far better post PLD trade.

Reactions: Trojien

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe PLD wants LA to buy him out so he can be a free agent and sign with the Habs. ;):sarcasm::laugh:

LAK save $31,666,667 with a buyout and the cap hit becomes quite tolerable, though it goes on for 14 years! But if his play doesn't improve drastically that buyout actually make sense, crazy as it sounds.

Habs sign him for a 'show me' contract of 1x1 'cause no one else will touch him.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Anyone else kinda disappointed by how average Iafallo has been? On LA he was always a 45 point pace guy... here he only has 17 points in 45 games, most of which came during his stint on the top line. Most of the time he doesn't look threatening offensively. He's not a liability out there but pretty cold offensively in the last 20 games or so... and it's not like he isn't playing with skilled players.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Anyone else kinda disappointed by how average Iafallo has been? On LA he was always a 45 point pace guy... here he only has 17 points in 45 games, most of which came during his stint on the top line. Most of the time he doesn't look threatening offensively. He's not a liability out there but pretty cold offensively in the last 20 games or so... and it's not like he isn't playing with skilled players.
Offensively he’s gone cold yes but hopefully it’s a slump and he comes back through the stretch and into the playoffs

Defensively he’s been solid - no complaints from me there. I’d rather that personally but it doesn’t help that we can’t seem to put pucks into the net right now

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
He fell apart as soon as winnipeg winter actually arrived...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He needs to take Nino's spot and Nino needs top be moved up to the top 6 until Volare and Scheif get back.
Speaking of which, if Volare and Scheif are a game time decision, sit them for these two games against TO and let them rest up and come back after the break fully healed. Even if we lose both games, I'd sooner have them healthy for the home stretch leading up to the playoffs.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
All the complaining about Schmidt or Appletons games..... But other than getting his daily cardio in, Iafallo hasn't been doing much the past 30ish games. I wasn't as high on him as a piece in terms of trade value as some on here though.

IMO if they really need to shave off salary next year I'd move him since we have supposedly some strong potential in the prospect pool at Fwd.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Depending on his ask I can see Iaffalo heading out of town in the off season, he played well at the beginning of the season and racked up points playing with Fefe and KFC but now he doesn't see to accomplish much on the ice offensively, maybe the Jets are okay with what he beings to the team with his all around game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Depending on his ask I can see Iaffalo heading out of town in the off season, he played well at the beginning of the season and racked up points playing with Fefe and KFC but now he doesn't see to accomplish much on the ice offensively, maybe the Jets are okay with what he beings to the team with his all around game.
I really think his defensive game was why Chevy wanted him, points are a Bowness .:naughty:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Hasn't this been his MO for his entire career though... he can keep up for a while on the top line until he can't... last year was an anomaly for production

He's Appleton... can look good in short bursts in the top six but he's a PK/3rd liner

Reactions: GNP and bustamente

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
1706051299767.jpeg

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The Jets will likely have to give up something (mid to late draft pick or some b level prospect) to get rid of Iafallo's salary if he continues to slump the rest of the season. No one will pay $4 million for someone who is decent defensively but brings little offense to the table.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Not sure how we got on frog legs...but I have actually had them in Paris...not worth the hype lol
Took out this girl one time on a 1st date, to this high end restaurant, and we saw frog's legs on the menu. I sort of jokingly said to her, why don't we try these frog legs ? I've never tried them. We both agreed, and actually they tasted "great" -- something like chicken. Years later when she sees me, she still mentions eating frog's legs with me. I guess it was a first for her as well. They are good tho, and I'd eat them again. Never had a chance yet to try Squirrel, but I'm game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad