Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m busy at work, but seems like a good haul. Will have to check in later tonight

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
They’re saying Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari headed this way. If finalized, what a haul in a situation we had almost no leverage in. LA drank the stupid juice lol.

Vilardi even if he isn’t a Center will almost immediately be the best right shot forward on this team and if he can stay healthy will insulate the forward core with Perfetti, Lucius, McGroarty, Rashevsky and Lambert coming.

Iafallo is good depth for the forward core, a true top 9 forward this team has been sorely lacking who can play and produce on the bottom 6 and play top 6 in a pinch.

Kupari is a really good get for young forward depth and he will have a bigger chance to fully grab an NHL forward spot if he has an amazing offseason, good training camp and preseason, and take that next step in the NHL.

Here’s to hoping they don’t want out of here in 1-2 years :popcorn: amazing trade IF true.

Last edited:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Why does it have to work for Jets’ cap? Why couldn’t he just signed the contract with them after the trade so it’s their problem alone?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Why does it have to work for Jets’ cap? Why couldn’t he just signed the contract with them after the trade so it’s their problem alone?
they want the full 8 years, I'm thinking it would have more to do with all the cap coming back more so then pld's contract

Reactions: thereturn

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
This is a pretty hefty return for PLD (barring any additional Jets assets going the other way). Good job Chevy, proving all those who said his value was low because “MTL or nowhere” (including myself at times).

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
they want the full 8 years, I'm thinking it would have more to do with all the cap coming back more so then pld's contract
2 of them aren't signed?
That comment about making the cap work for Winnipeg makes no sense to me.

robitaillefan

Bababooey,Tatatoothy
Sep 7, 2005
BC, CANADA!
As a life king kings fan I absolutely hate this deal for la

Vilardi is gonna be a star. He finally came around last year and this kids has sick hands. Amazing creativity. If he stays healthy , he’s gonna be a heck of a player.

Kupari is big and strong and can skate. Why we are tossing him in blows my mind. He’s gonna be a 20 goal guy one day.

This trade makes me sick to my stomach. Absolute over payment

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Vilardi is gonna be a star. He finally came around last year and this kids has sick hands. Amazing creativity. If he stays healthy , he’s gonna be a heck of a player.

This trade makes me sick to lose him

The best trades are the ones where both sides feel like they're getting hosed. Blake wants to maximize his next year window of having Kopitar, and that's a formidable center depth for the team. PLD is a force when motivated to be one. Let's hope he carries the bag as well as he can.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Kupari is big and strong and can skate. Why we are tossing him in blows my mind. He’s gonna be a 20 goal guy one day.

Thank you for sharing this info on Vilardi and Kupari.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Anyone have real info on Vilardi's back injury? Links would be appreciated.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
They’re saying Vilardi, Iafallo and Kupari headed this way.
explosion-run-away.gif

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

No real details as you'd expect, but a pretty clear timeline that suggests some candidates for injury type and therapies for remediation / maintenance.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I poked around a bit on it. It was an issue pre-draft (causing him to fall out of the top 5 potentially). Was healthy last year until mid January when he started missing games due to an "undisclosed upper body injury"

There were articles early last year talking about how his injury was "behind him"

Reactions: Guardian17

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

You are getting Harkins back for Kupari, who in my opinion is better than Kupari but never got a chance here.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets4Life and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca