Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Agreed. I don’t think he’s a good fit on the jets as a bottom 6 guy at 4m - and really with our 3rd line he’s a 4th line guy here.

The coat is the same for Nino, but he drives the offence on his line, something AI has never done, and Nino drives play on pp, and could shift up to 2nd or first as needed. He’s simply more offensively skilled.

AI is a great shut down or complimentary player that isn’t going to make a bunch of mistakes, but he also is t going to create offence consistently.

I like him, a lot, but the reasons to move him out weight the reasons to keep him, IMO - should the right deal arose for a 2C or pp offensive defensemen that will help with current gaps on the team.
II’d like to swing a deal for Gostisbehere. (If I remember correctly he has played the right side) He’d be a better fit for the Jets, bumping Schmidt to #7.

Jets probably have to add a pick though.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
bowness said lower body so I doubt it's his back, he has also said his back problems haven't been an issue since jrs
He’s had back issues long past his junior days. It was stated when the Jets acquired him that the reason for this was “his muscles weren’t properly developed.” This remained the case long past junior with him spending considerable time on strengthening exercises. It was only this season where it was said that this is no longer an issue.

Reactions: GNP

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
True were not good trade partners I would be willing to Trade Lambert 1st, Iafallo and Heinola/Chisholm
Mitts would be a nice add, but I don't see how he's worth much more than Horvat was. He has 1 more year and is a little younger, but Horvat was a better player and quickly signed an extension.

Reactions: Mooche and surixon

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
Mitts would be a nice add, but I don't see how he's worth much more than Horvat was. He has 1 more year and is a little younger, but Horvat was a better player and quickly signed an extension.
Probably right more but I’d pay more to solve our 2C for years with an extension for the dea and he’s a lot younger

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Last night Drew Doughty called out “players” on the Kings for only being concerned about points rather than team play.

Sounds awfully familiar to what Stastny said….

Sorry. I can’t recall what statsny said - can you provide a little more context?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sorry. I can’t recall what statsny said - can you provide a little more context?

At the end of season press conference Paul said something similar in his last stretch with the Jets. He was sitting beside Wheeler facing the press and Paul did most of the talking. It was the end of the season and honestly as we have seen those can be pretty ugly Interviews.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
At the end of season press conference Paul said something similar in his last stretch with the Jets. He was sitting beside Wheeler facing the press and Paul did most of the talking. It was the end of the season and honestly as we have seen those can be pretty ugly Interviews.
Ahhhh. Thanks so much - now I know what you mean!

Paul was such a great add.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Paul was really good during his time here with us on every level. Real class act and a calming presence for the young players.
100%

One of the greatest trades we have made - might be second behind the PLD/Vilardi.

He was only one player, but brought the intangibles as you stated and was just a great fit. And he performed and contributed in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad