Confirmed with Link: PLD to the Kings for Iafallo, Vilardi, Kupari and a 2nd in 2024 (orig Mtl’s pick)

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Jets will likely have to give up something (mid to late draft pick or some b level prospect) to get rid of Iafallo's salary if he continues to slump the rest of the season. No one will pay $4 million for someone who is decent defensively but brings little offense to the table.
Buffalo is in dire need of some vets for their bottom 6.
Iafallo, Kup and a 1st for Mitts.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If I didn't think his sulking presence would drag the locker room down, I'd say send Iafallo and MTL 2nd back to LA for PLD lol

He has no trade protection and it would "solve" our 2C problem

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
He needs to take Nino's spot and Nino needs top be moved up to the top 6 until Volare and Scheif get back.
Speaking of which, if Volare and Scheif are a game time decision, sit them for these two games against TO and let them rest up and come back after the break fully healed. Even if we lose both games, I'd sooner have them healthy for the home stretch leading up to the playoffs.
I really don't think Schiefele is going to play. I think he wants to because Toronto but it isn't worth the risk.

I'm guessing Vilardi was ill so hopefully he's doing better

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Just simply moving PLD out was a plus. It's cake.
That we got anything for him is all cherries.

Reactions: GNP

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets will likely have to give up something (mid to late draft pick or some b level prospect) to get rid of Iafallo's salary if he continues to slump the rest of the season. No one will pay $4 million for someone who is decent defensively but brings little offense to the table.
$4M with 1 year remaining (and an actual salary of $3.7M) isn't much cap to move. And you can bet there are some GMs out there who would think that Iafallo's exactly the type of guy they need. There aren't really any terrible deals at this price point.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
$4M with 1 year remaining (and an actual salary of $3.7M) isn't much cap to move. And you can bet there are some GMs out there who would think that Iafallo's exactly the type of guy they need. There aren't really any terrible deals at this price point.
Agreed. I don’t think he’s a good fit on the jets as a bottom 6 guy at 4m - and really with our 3rd line he’s a 4th line guy here.

The coat is the same for Nino, but he drives the offence on his line, something AI has never done, and Nino drives play on pp, and could shift up to 2nd or first as needed. He’s simply more offensively skilled.

AI is a great shut down or complimentary player that isn’t going to make a bunch of mistakes, but he also is t going to create offence consistently.

I like him, a lot, but the reasons to move him out weight the reasons to keep him, IMO - should the right deal arose for a 2C or pp offensive defensemen that will help with current gaps on the team.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Maybe guys not wanting to sign long term here is a decent filter that removes players you don't actually want in your team long term. PLD, Laine, Kane - all wanted out of Winnipeg and getting rid of each of them have been blessings in disguise.

I'm sure we do miss out on some great players who don't want to sign here, but it's also true that if you don't want to be here we probably don't want you
Yup. Only Trouba is ‘one that got away’ that I think we’ve been unable to find a suitable replacement for imo. Though his cap hit and salary is too steep for me.

A JMo-Trouba top pair would be the envy of many teams.

Edit: I have hope that Salomonsson develops into a Trouba-lite in the coming years.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
the 1-year plus lack of NTC/NMC should be an easy move. If ANH wants more vets, send him back to Cali.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Took out this girl one time on a 1st date, to this high end restaurant, and we saw frog's legs on the menu. I sort of jokingly said to her, why don't we try these frog legs ? I've never tried them. We both agreed, and actually they tasted "great" -- something like chicken. Years later when she sees me, she still mentions eating frog's legs with me. I guess it was a first for her as well. They are good tho, and I'd eat them again. Never had a chance yet to try Squirrel, but I'm game.
Ill wager a guess that you took her to inferno's bistro in St. B? Only place that I have seen and tried the frogs legs before.

During a trip to Australia - I tried Crocodile and Camel dishes. Croc was very good.....do NOT try the Camel.

Reactions: GNP and macmaroon

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Yep. A good defensive player who plays both special teams and has a reputation of being a real "good pro" without any trade protection... this has an offseason trade to the Blackhawks, Sens or Sharks written all over it.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yep. A good defensive player who plays both special teams and has a reputation of being a real "good pro" without any trade protection... this has an offseason trade to the Blackhawks, Sens or Sharks written all over it.
at the minimum one of those teams will likely be out of it at the 2025 TDL and be able to get a pick for him too.

Reactions: JetsFan815

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Ill wager a guess that you took her to inferno's bistro in St. B? Only place that I have seen and tried the frogs legs before.

During a trip to Australia - I tried Crocodile and Camel dishes. Croc was very good.....do NOT try the Camel.
I was thinking Inferno's too, or Resto Gare (or its previous incarnation, La Vieille Gare if the "years ago" was enough). I've had gator, which I figure is pretty similar to croc. Didn't do anything for me. Tasted like fishy chicken. :laugh:

Probably the most "exotic" (and it's not really) meat I've had is horse. A very tasty cheval tartare at a Belgian restaurant in Montreal. Wouldn't mind trying some roo one day. I figure it might put some spring in my step. :D

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Cafe Dario has frog legs too

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

I actually took her to this huge house on Assinaboine Avenue, that was converted to a restaurant. It was on the river, and a very pricey place. It was many years ago,I don't think it's there anymore? I just forgot the name of the place? Always wondered what Crocodile tasted like, so now I know. The meat looks good, when they clean them. I thought it would have a very gamey or fishy taste, but I guess not. I'd try it. I thought that frogs legs would also taste very fishy, but it didn't, and tasted more like chicken to me. Very tender as well.

I'll remember to stay away from Camel offerings on the menu. :laugh:
I would think it be awful, from what they eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cypruss

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Dubrovnik's
I recall going there for lunch with some co-workers, one of whom could be a complete asshole in public. They were featuring some nouvelle cuisine at the time, which basically translates to "pretty but skimpy". Anyway, the server comes around after we had finished our first course and asked how things were. Asshole Guy pipes up with, "OK but when do we get food"? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad