Speculation: PLD Mega Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Would love to get PLD, but Suzuki isn't going anywhere lol
Won't happen.

Would trade either Kotkaniemi or Danault, and add what it takes to make it palatable to Colombus (I'm ready to sacrifice either Guhle or Caufield, among others), but Suzuki and Romanov are staying right where they are.

I'd do that:

Kotkaniemi or Danault
Caufield or Guhle
1st (protected top 3)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Would love to get PLD, but Suzuki isn't going anywhere lol
Won't happen.

Would trade either Kotkaniemi or Danault, and add what it takes to make it palatable to Colombus (I'm ready to sacrifice either Guhle or Caufield, among others), but Suzuki and Romanov are staying right where they are.

I'd do that:

Kotkaniemi or Danault
Caufield or Guhle
1st (protected top 3)
How do we fit under the cap if KK is the piece?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I like Dubois a whole lot but calling him a “already a star #1C” is a massive exaggeration. Star #1C’s have more than a career high of 61 points. He was on pace for 57 points last year, so I’ve read in this thread. That doesn’t make you a star #1C. Hell, I’m not convinced it makes you an average #1C.
Sure. But Dubois' grit & two-way game bump him up quite a bit. I think he's the kind of player who would absolutely thrive under Julien. Letting go of Suzuki to acquire him is a total no-brainer in my eyes.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Sure. But Dubois' grit & two-way game bump him up quite a bit. I think he's the kind of player who would absolutely thrive under Julien. Letting go of Suzuki to acquire him is a total no-brainer in my eyes.

we have enough grit and two-way play on the Habs as it is. we need skill

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
CBJ fans are nuts if they think there going to get FMV for Dubois, it only gets worse every day this gets extended.
Some centres they can look at Necas (CAR), Chytil (NYR), KK (MTL)

MTL at best gives up KK, Guhle/Norlinder/Caufield and a 1st protected. They would also have to give up cap

In the end, its going to be Danault as the main piece :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

That’s fine, it’s just that calling Dubois a star #1C is a blatant misrepresentation of what he is. His two-way game isn’t exemplary (what makes a guy like Bergeron a star #1C despite not having Crosby-like numbers) enough to push him to that level.

Ledge And Dairy

Young top 6 centers just off their ELC are rarely traded so it's really hard to place an exact value on PLD by comparison. Dubois is currently in his D+4 year. Here are some examples of other top 6 centers traded around that age:
Zibanejad (D+5) - traded for a more established (at the time) center, along with a 2nd.
D. Strome (D+3) - along with another former 1st rounder was traded for a D+4 1st rounder C/W in a "change of scenery" move
O'Reilly (D+6) - traded for 2 younger 1st round prospects and a 2nd round prospects, as well as a 2nd.
J. Staal (D+6) - traded for a good defense prospect, a D+5 promising young player, and a 1st.
Seguin (D+3) - along with a decent defense prospect and a cap dump, was traded for an established top end winger, a promising D+4 winger, and a solid defense prospect

These are the ones I can think of right now but anyone can think of some more examples that would be great

KingsCrown

Mar 15, 2008
San Diego, CA
Villardi
Madden or Thomas
Clague
2021 1st or 2022 1st (LA choice)

CLB gets a potential 1st/2nd line roster center, a solid center prospect in Madden or Thomas, D prospect about to break into the Kings lineup and a 1st which will likely be top 15 in 2021/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad