Speculation: PLD Mega Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
The poster thinks KK is worth less than Kaliyev or Krebs. There is no point in discussing this topic with them because they have no idea what they are talking about.

Stop misquoting me.

I said Glass/Krebs and Turcotte/Kaliyev.

And I rather have the pair than KK/pick/cap dump

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Stop misquoting me.

I said Glass/Krebs and Turcotte/Kaliyev.

And I rather have the pair than KK/pick/cap dump
Then you need to say "plus" and not "/". For the hundredth time, it's the main piece. Not package, just the main piece. Quality>Quantity when you are trading a promising 22 year old top 6 center.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
The greater LA market isn't a big stage? Ok

sure it is.. hockey stage tho? no

I would have to agree with strongcomp05, and also add that LA isn't really a big hockey market either. Hell they play third fiddle in their own building. Generally, SoCal fans only care about the teams when they're good, there's just too many other things to do.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Montreal has been searching for a 1C for over a decade and they’re finally the top destination for a 23 year old star 1C but the fans on here won’t budge on f***ing Nick Suzuki

This place really is something else
Suzuki is the future of that franchise. The fact that you can't see that doesn't make it less a fact. Columbus are not in a position to get a player like Suzuki, both Bergevin and Kekalainen know this. Kekalainen has to try though. I wouldn't be surprised if the deal ends up being Kotkaniemi++

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Hischier > KK.
Hughes > KK.

Zegras > KK.
Drysdale > KK.

Keep digging the dirt on yourself.

I also rather get Turcotte/Kaliyev than KK
LOL @ Drysdale,Turcotte and Kaliyev

Btw people act like WE NEED to trade for PLD lol if KK + or Danault + aint enough then go look elsewhere we're more then fine with our centers,for the first time in over a decade im happy about our centers,we're not the ones having to make a trade if PLD wants Montreal he will come here in 4 years thats it but NO WAY im trading Suzuki or Romanov

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I would have to agree with strongcomp05, and also add that LA isn't really a big hockey market either. Hell they play third fiddle in their own building. Generally, SoCal fans only care about the teams when they're good, there's just too many other things to do.
Pretty sure they fill the building quite a bit...maybe I am mistaken...

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Pretty sure they fill the building quite a bit...maybe I am mistaken...

When they're good yes both teams do, numbers are also inflated because often times when the team is bad it's the out of market teams' fans who fill the building. Probably happens more so with the Ducks than Kings. I've talked to some Canadian fans who say that flight, hotels, and tickets to both the Kings/Ducks is cheaper for the family than attending two home games (no idea if this is true). Overall though, even when they're good, media coverage is significantly less compared to a large market team and the microscope is almost never on the team.

So, I guess it depends what he's looking for in a large market team or what that means to him or others. Some players love that once they're off the ice that they're barely even noticed except for the hard core fans. Plus, the weather is obviously great.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
When they're good yes both teams do, numbers are also inflated because often times when the team is bad it's the out of market teams' fans who fill the building. Probably happens more so with the Ducks than Kings. I've talked to some Canadian fans who say that flight, hotels, and tickets to both the Kings/Ducks is cheaper for the family than attending two home games (no idea if this is true). Overall though, even when they're good, media coverage is significantly less compared to a large market team and the microscope is almost never on the team. So, I guess it depends what he's looking for in a large market team or what that means to him or others.

Great detail...thanks

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Montreal has been searching for a 1C for over a decade and they’re finally the top destination for a 23 year old star 1C but the fans on here won’t budge on f***ing Nick Suzuki

This place really is something else
First - PLD is NOT a number one center but he has the potential to be.
Two - Suzuki is doing some great things for the Habs so why would we trade Suzuki for PLD? We also have Suzuki for more RFA years which we need.
Three - They are actually asking for a plus on top of Suzuki and its f***ing Romanov.
Fourth - Montreal is quite deep down the middle so we don't f***ing need PLD he is a luxury at this point.

So again Where is this number one center that is actually being offered? Until PLD plays like a number one center he isn't a god damn number one center.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
If Columbus are searching for young d-men, we have a lot of prospects in MTL.

Struble, Norlinder, Guhle, Harris, even Fleury

Caufield and Danault could be traded too.

A lot of draft picks too. (CLB lost a lot of picks the last few years)

Reactions: HabsAddict

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Given that a - Dubois preferred landing spot is Montreal and b - both GMs seem to have good trading relationships, I believe it’s likely he will be traded to Montreal.

It is going to be Suzuki+ for PLD. Anything else would be a colossal disappointment for Columbus considering Montreal deems Romanov untouchable and KK isn’t good enough to replace PLD.
I would easily bet money that if PLD does end up in MTL, Suzuki will not be part of the trade.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
A player requesting a trade is rarely gonna bring back the expected return.

Stop thinking Nick Suzuki will ever be traded to CLB for PLD. It's not happening. IF PLD leaves, no matter where he goes, Columbus Blue Jackets will be dissappointed. I'm sure. Not wishing it, but saying that will likely be the reality.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Stop thinking Nick Suzuki will ever be traded to CLB for PLD. It's not happening. IF PLD leaves, no matter where he goes, Columbus Blue Jackets will be dissappointed. I'm sure. Not wishing it, but saying that will likely be the reality.

Yeah, we've heard before...

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
PLD still has to perform. If he plays lights out - say at a .85 ppg pace or higher over the first 20 games - and CBJ still fall out of the race, you can bet the offers will start coming. And they will be good, very good, and great offers. Patience will be key here.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire

lol Columbus fans think they gonna get Suzuki,, we'll just wait to sign Dubois as a ufa

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And "if" it happens, Dubois value sinks even more.

So Winnipeg isn't considered a an attractive market and Jarmo will most likely want a center back. Rangers again only have Chytil who is nowhere close to Kotkaneimis value. Devils? Kings with a more unproven Turcotte is what it will take because they aren't trading Byfield. Flyers aren't giving up anyone close to Kotkaneimis value.

Well you should have just said that you think KK sucks because he absolutely has more value than Glass and Krebs.

Anaheim, again, not exactly a big market, and unless they trade Zegras(which they won't), they aren't getting Dubois.
How many of them can offer someone who had more than 8 points last year? Some of y’all way overvaluing Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Fro

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I 100% wouldn’t trade Suzuki if I was the Habs. This is CbJs problem, let them deal with it. CBJ could have him locked up for 4 years so I’d just sit pretty and see what happens all while letting Suzuki and KK get some more experience and develop. There shouldn’t be any rush to get this deal done for other teams. If there ever is because PLD becomes toxic well then CBJ won’t be in the drivers seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad