Speculation: PLD Mega Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
As much as I'd love to have PLD on my team, and as much as I know how great of a player he truly is, I would give up on my team if they trade Suzuki(+) for him. Suzuki is a stud and is cost controlled... Please, no.

If it's Kotkaniemi++, sure. Otherwise, many other teams looking for a top C.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Minnesota needs 1C, like bad.... PLD for Rossi?

If I’m the Blue Jackets and I’m going to move Dubois, I’d be wanting a guy around his age or younger but playing center in the NHL now. Then a 1st rounder on top. Other pieces required but it first starts with what center they like the most. Not saying these team will do it but this would be most of the type of offers I would target. Then you look at the 1st rounder and/or grade A prospect add. I think he should get 3 solid pieces back if a 1/1 blockbuster deal is not there

Thomas and a 1st +
Chytil and a 1st +
Kotkaniemi and a 1st +
Necas and a 1st +
Kakko and a 1st +
Who am I forgetting?

Reactions: Just Linda

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I've been reading some Habs fans say KK is off the table. He absolutely isn't. He'd be the centerpiece around a deal that would include other interesting parts and draft picks.

Trading Suzuki, while in the realm of possibilities with Bergevin, would just be really idiotic. He's already the no.1C and just a fantastic player. You'd want to add to him, not make a parallel trade (that said, MB did do Weber-Subban and Drouin-Sergachev, so who knows). The same is true for Romanov. If Sergachev was still on the team, he'd probably be in play.

Habsman23

Jul 1, 2019
If I’m the Blue Jackets and I’m going to move Dubois, I’d be wanting a guy around his age or younger but playing center in the NHL now. Then a 1st rounder on top. Other pieces required but it first starts with what center they like the most. Not saying these team will do it but this would be most of the type of offers I would target. Then you look at the 1st rounder and/or grade A prospect add. I think he should get 3 solid pieces back if a 1/1 blockbuster deal is not there

Thomas and a 1st +
Chytil and a 1st +
Kotkaniemi and a 1st +
Necas and a 1st +
Kakko and a 1st +
Who am I forgetting?
Do you think all these teams are going to offer these awesome packages of there young stars when he wants to and WILL walk to Montreal as soon as he becomes a UFA?

Reactions: HabsAddict

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Thomas and a 1st +
Chytil and a 1st +
Kotkaniemi and a 1st +
Necas and a 1st +
Kakko and a 1st +
Who am I forgetting?

Hughes/ Hischier comes to mind.
Glass is a bit of a long shot but kinds fits the bill (though Columbus likely passes)
Horvat would be a good fit for Columbus (even though Vancouver likely says no)

I'm probably forgetting some but those seem like see more of what Columbus would ask

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I mentioned this in the other thread . Columbus should just get rid of torts . He is an idiot . His expiration date is up there . No players would miss him .

I don't feel this is a Torts thing, this seems more like a Jarmo thing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've been reading some Habs fans say KK is off the table. He absolutely isn't. He'd be the centerpiece around a deal that would include other interesting parts and draft picks.

Trading Suzuki, while in the realm of possibilities with Bergevin, would just be really idiotic. He's already the no.1C and just a fantastic player. You'd want to add to him, not make a parallel trade (that said, MB did do Weber-Subban and Drouin-Sergachev, so who knows). The same is true for Romanov. If Sergachev was still on the team, he'd probably be in play.

Only 0.1 pts per game difference between Suzuki’s age 20 season vs PLD’s age 19-21 seasons. (0.58 vs 0.68)

Agreed! Suzuki and Romanov is not available. And we are prepared to offer Kotkaniemi+ as long as salary in matches salary out. Habs can loose this trade cause it’s not clear how much Kotkaniemi’s ceiling is. Plus we probably give up a 1st. I think we are stretching or reaching for the Quebec center but I’d make that deal. PLD fits good years with Price and Weber and he’s only 2 years older than Kotkaniemi

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hughes/ Hischier comes to mind.
Glass is a bit of a long shot but kinds fits the bill (though Columbus likely passes)
Horvat would be a good fit for Columbus (even though Vancouver likely says no)

I'm probably forgetting some but those seem like see more of what Columbus would ask

Would you not agree that’s what the Blue Jackets can expect if no 1/1 blockbuster trade is there? If I’m them, I’m looking hard at the centers teams are offering them. Adds are 2nd focus

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do you think all these teams are going to offer these awesome packages of there young stars when he wants to and WILL walk to Montreal as soon as he becomes a UFA?

I don’t know, I mentioned in the post that I’m not saying these teams make those moves for sure. Just a point on what could be there if the are looking for a center Dubois age or younger but proven center in the NHL now. Adds would be 2nd focus

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Realistically if the Habs pull it off it will be something like KK, Caufield/Guhle and maybe even a 2nd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->