Speculation: PLD Mega Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
No, but maybe I can recommend that you read how Columbus doesn't have the leverage whatsoever? How the guy wants out and is playing somewhere he doesn't want to? How you won't get the best possible return with that happening?

because he’s an RFA for the next 4 years and we don’t have to trade him

Reactions: Fro

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
No, but maybe I can recommend that you read how Columbus doesn't have the leverage whatsoever? How the guy wants out and is playing somewhere he doesn't want to? How you won't get the best possible return with that happening?

The leverage is that most of the league has made the call and inquired.

There will be a bidding war on this one.

Reactions: wahsnairb and Fro

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
because he’s an RFA for the next 4 years and we don’t have to trade him
Nice, so you should keep a disgruntled player and delay the inevitable making the situation worse. Smart.

Cool, and how many of them are big markets? How many of them can offer a recent 3rd overall pick that's a center? How many of them can make it work cap wise?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That both fanbases are okay with? Certainly we've seen some that some fans would be okay with.

I would have done Danault+Romanov+1st or Suzuki+1st. Some Montreal fans would do it, some would not.

Some Jackets fans would do Laine for Dubois. I would not.

See why you are smarter then you look?

Wait...did you just add 1st?

Take that back....

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Nice, so you should keep a disgruntled player and delay the inevitable making the situation worse. Smart.

Cool, and how many of them are big markets? How many of them can offer a recent 3rd overall pick that's a center? How many of them can make it work cap wise?

Let's see.

Devils, Rangers, Kings, Flyers off the top of my head.

Not to mention, Winnipeg would offer someone worth more value than KK (Laine).

I rather have Glass/Krebs from Vegas.

And Anaheim can easily as well.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

except Dubois apparently wants to play for a big market - so that shrinks that number down. they can trade him to whatever team they want, but that team risks getting a player who'll want out again

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
“If”
We haven’t played a game yet
And "if" it happens, Dubois value sinks even more.
Let's see.

Devils, Rangers, Kings, Flyers off the top of my head.

Not to mention, Winnipeg would offer someone worth more value than KK (Laine).

I rather have Glass/Krebs from Vegas.

And Anaheim can easily as well.
So Winnipeg isn't considered a an attractive market and Jarmo will most likely want a center back. Rangers again only have Chytil who is nowhere close to Kotkaneimis value. Devils? Kings with a more unproven Turcotte is what it will take because they aren't trading Byfield. Flyers aren't giving up anyone close to Kotkaneimis value.

Well you should have just said that you think KK sucks because he absolutely has more value than Glass and Krebs.

Anaheim, again, not exactly a big market, and unless they trade Zegras(which they won't), they aren't getting Dubois.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Mtl, Ana, LA, NYR, NJD...do I need to keep going?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
And "if" it happens, Dubois value sinks even more.

So Winnipeg isn't considered a an attractive market and Jarmo will most likely want a center back. Rangers again only have Chytil who is nowhere close to Kotkaneimis value. Devils? Kings with a more unproven Turcotte is what it will take because they aren't trading Byfield. Flyers aren't giving up anyone close to Kotkaneimis value.

Well you should have just said that you think KK sucks because he absolutely has more value than Glass and Krebs.

Anaheim, again, not exactly a big market, and unless they trade Zegras(which they won't), they aren't getting Dubois.

You do realize that the Devils play less than 5 miles away from Manhattan and that Anaheim is Orange County, which is a big market right?

Do we need a geography lesson?

Reactions: Fro

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You do realize that the Devils play less than 5 miles away from Manhattan and that Anaheim is Orange County, which is a big market right?

Do we need a geography lesson?
And who are they going to offer exactly? It's BOTH big market AND more valuable main piece than Kotkaniemi.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Do you think CBL would want Marner? It would be Marner + (something)

Listen, I'm a big Toronto hater for sure.

Why would you do that? You have your centres taken care of, you have defensive pieces up front, why sacrifice 100pt players for a 60pt player (other than contracts).

If you ever did trade Marner, you best better be getting a young 1D in return. Like a high end one.

Edit: okay, 94. It was hyperbole lol

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hischier > KK.
Hughes > KK.

Zegras > KK.
Drysdale > KK.

Keep digging the dirt on yourself.
:laugh:

Why the f*** would New Jersey trade Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier? Why would Anaheim trade Zegras? I'm positive they are more than fine being patient and waiting. Drysdale hasn't done anything that says he's more valuable than KK.

Maybe try evaluating Kotkaniemi properly(like how he is worth a lot more than Krebs which you don't think so).

Reactions: HabsAddict

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hischier > KK.
Hughes > KK.

Zegras > KK.
Drysdale > KK.

Keep digging the dirt on yourself.

I also rather get Turcotte/Kaliyev than KK

Let's agree to disagree on Drysdale.

Hischier, yep. Hughes, not a fan of his but I get why most would disagree with me. Zegras, big fan so yep. Turcotte and Kaliyev... no way, not close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad