over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Villardi
Madden or Thomas
Clague
2021 1st or 2022 1st (LA choice)

CLB gets a potential 1st/2nd line roster center, a solid center prospect in Madden or Thomas, D prospect about to break into the Kings lineup and a 1st which will likely be top 15 in 2021/22.

not interesting

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
bust? you're f***ing clueless. sit down
I was responding to a troll with a trollish comment. Would have expected more of an issue about Suzuki, hes more than a 40 point guy for sure.

Kotkocaufield is an insane homer who values those habs players (along with Caufield) like they're 97/29//87 etc.

They're all good young players with high potential but atleast one of them needs to be given up for PLD with addition(s) depending on who it is

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
The Habs are in win now mode, which means there's no point in trading anyone of value on the team, except for Danault since he likely wants out as well.

I think Danault still hopes that he can access that top 2 center status if KK's development stalls. If MB trades Kotkaniemi for PLD, Danault will officially be the #3 center on the team . Danault will go full sulk mode until he gets traded. We don't need that.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Dubois has plenty of skill. He "only" has a career high of 61 but he's still young and has been playing on an offensively starved/Torts coached team his whole career.

i'm aware. his skill however isn't so much better that it warrants trading a young guy trending up with no known locker room issues for a guy who wants out. i'd consider something around KK, but Suzuki makes no sense for us

Reactions: strongcomp05

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Villardi
Madden or Thomas
Clague
2021 1st or 2022 1st (LA choice)

CLB gets a potential 1st/2nd line roster center, a solid center prospect in Madden or Thomas, D prospect about to break into the Kings lineup and a 1st which will likely be top 15 in 2021/22.
That’s the best deal your gonna get Columbus

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
The Habs are in win now mode, which means there's no point in trading anyone of value on the team, except for Danault since he likely wants out as well.

I think Danault still hopes that he can access that top 2 center status if KK's development stalls. If MB trades Kotkaniemi for PLD, Danault will officially be the #3 center on the team . Danault will go full sulk mode until he gets traded. We don't need that.

Meh...screw him then. We trade him for a true 3C +

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013

If you move kk you have to find a way to also dump 5m which means breaking down the team mid season

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Young top 6 centers just off their ELC are rarely traded so it's really hard to place an exact value on PLD by comparison. Dubois is currently in his D+4 year. Here are some examples of other top 6 centers traded around that age:
Zibanejad (D+5) - traded for a more established (at the time) center, along with a 2nd.
D. Strome (D+3) - along with another former 1st rounder was traded for a D+4 1st rounder C/W in a "change of scenery" move
O'Reilly (D+6) - traded for 2 younger 1st round prospects and a 2nd round prospects, as well as a 2nd.
J. Staal (D+6) - traded for a good defense prospect, a D+5 promising young player, and a 1st.
Seguin (D+3) - along with a decent defense prospect and a cap dump, was traded for an established top end winger, a promising D+4 winger, and a solid defense prospect

These are the ones I can think of right now but anyone can think of some more examples that would be great

Johansen for Seth Jones.

That's about the only trade where something of real substantial value went back.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You’re joking right? If Jarmo doesn’t get what he wants from Bergevin he calls one of the other 20 interested teams.

Who gives a f*** what PLD wants?
All those other teams are only going to pay for 4 years of service and they have to worry about the player doing to them what he did to CBJ. Who is going to pay a significant price for that risk?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How did you get on the GM conference call? Could you give me the number?
No, but maybe I can recommend that you read how Columbus doesn't have the leverage whatsoever? How the guy wants out and is playing somewhere he doesn't want to? How you won't get the best possible return with that happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig