Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs rd 1 game 2 Friday April 13 630 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Simply game .... Jets need to hit Dumba every time he touches the puck by the third period he will be a non factor.

I'm am the only one who thinks the Jets played okay not a great game but finally woke up after being down 2-1. I guess that's what good teams do ... turn on the Jets when you are down.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Jets need to stick to their speed and skill game. We were doing the grinding thing for too long yesterday and as soon as we switched to what works for us it was cruise control from there on out.
Yes agreed. We got a bit caught up in the physical grinder and although we can match that, it took us off our speed/skill game a bit. That said, it still would have been a beat down on the scoreboard if Dubnyk doesn't play lights out.

I really hope Lowsy's ok cuz without him healthy, our chance to go far diminishes.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I’m guessing Maurice says this even if his arm was amputated. Playoff propaganda mode

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
MAN I miss that place!

I'll take Mona Lisa for Pizza & Tres Visi for Pasta.

Never been a Santa Lucia fan, although a number of Jets have spent some time at their Corydon location, in particular Pavelec who watched a lot of soccer there.

A GF was enamoured by him & always insisted we go. My best experience was hitting the clubs jackpot on Big City 5's for $910.00 at that location...and off my last bet! Hit it on line 3 of a 15 cent bet. Drank a lot of tequila that night.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Simply game .... Jets need to hit Dumba every time he touches the puck by the third period he will be a non factor.

I'm am the only one who thinks the Jets played okay not a great game but finally woke up after being down 2-1. I guess that's what good teams do ... turn on the Jets when you are down.

thought tanev wasn't as effective with the pinballing as usual. bufferflies all around. the Suter injury is really a swap out with Dumba now.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Morrissey, Lowry and Ehlers. (Ehlers spoke about the energy they get from the crowd. He was specifically referencing the "oooo" from the crowd on his rush where Dumba almost caught a piece of him. Morrow said same thing last night).

Coach Maurice: Health Updates. The Jets power play. Importance of video during the series. When did the power play dynamic change in the NHL? Is being big "still OK"? Is big and good beat small and good? What does the hit Byfuglien laid on Eriksson Ek do for the team? On the pinch that led to the Wild goal. Has the philosophy changed about dumping the puck at an empty net late in a game? Taking time and space away. On the impact Byfuglien has with his defensive partner. On adapting style of play. Did he feel like they started getting to the middle of the ice? Is there a comparison speed wise to Ehlers and how can that best be utilized? Who is the fastest skater? How much of the other NHL series will he be watching? On Wheeler's leadership and consistency.

To listen click here.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Dubnyk said the Wild played a great game for an environment like ours for two periods. If the game plan is for him to stand on his head and weather 60 mins of mayhem then I look forward to Friday.

It sounds like they wanna open it up at home too based on his comments. I welcome this as well. The Jets are far faster, younger, more skilled , and have a better defence.

Reactions: White Out 902

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Dubnyk said the Wild played a great game for an environment like ours for two periods. If the game plan is for him to stand on his head and weather 60 mins of mayhem then I look forward to Friday.

It sounds like they wanna open it up at home too based on his comments. I welcome this as well. The Jets are far faster, younger, more skilled , and have a better defence.

I don’t expect a player to be too negative after a one goal game.

#sportsphsychology

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I posted this in the GDT. LeBrun was the only media person who noticed apparently.

I noticed during the game and mentioned it in the post-game thread. He came off one shift early and looking rough (late in the second period). I was concerned he wouldn't come out for the 2nd. He did a bit of a turn on the ice before the 2nd and didn't look great. But he played a very strong 3rd period, and didn't shy away from physical play. I'm hoping he'll be okay...

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I don’t expect a player to be too negative after a one goal game.

#sportsphsychology
More a comment on their game plan. I can understand trapping on the road.

I would advise against opening it up at any time, but look forward to them giving it a go at home.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Jets were good for most of the game. They were actually dominating early in the 3rd even though the Wild scored a couple then. I think the Jet's biggest sag was midway through the 2nd. When the Wild scored a couple I was concerned, but felt that the Jets were in control and the Wild were sort of hanging on.

I agree about Dumba. They need to continue to pressure him and I think we'll see him start to make mistakes with the puck, and then the Jets need to capitalize and make them pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Jets were good for most of the game. They were actually dominating early in the 2nd even though the Wild scored a couple then. I think the Jet's biggest sag was midway through the 2nd. When the Wild scored a couple I was concerned, but felt that the Jets were in control and the Wild were sort of hanging on.

I agree about Dumba. They need to continue to pressure him and I think we'll see him start to make mistakes with the puck, and then the Jets need to capitalize and make them pay.

The Wild scored 2 goals early in the third and were outshot 17-1 after the 2nd goal.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Wild scored 2 goals early in the third and were outshot 17-1 after the 2nd goal.
Ooops. I meant the Jets were playing well early in the 3rd (not 2nd), even though they gave up a couple of goals early in the 3rd.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I think is frenchie is out we run
Ehler little armia
Laine stats roslo

Gives us a little better balance imo swap armia with roslovic and run stats line more if need be

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
627809DB-B1B0-4A5B-A318-CA288C72AECA.jpeg
Even when the score was 2-2 SN knew they already won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad