Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs rd 1 game 2 Friday April 13 630 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think we’ll see a more consistent effort overall from the Jets. Having gotten past game one and got that first win out of the way should take some of the edge off the pressure. I’m not really surprised things were a little off for game one in that environment.

Reactions: thereturn

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I think we’ll see a more consistent effort overall from the Jets. Having gotten past game one and got that first win out of the way should take some of the edge off the pressure. I’m not really surprised things were a little off for game one in that environment.

Yeah exactly my thoughts. I think we already started seeing the Jets being more comfortable after successfully tackling going down and facing what everyone feared: yet another playoff loss. From that point on, the Jets were clearly dominating the game. They started to win more board battles and seemed a lot more confident in creating scoring chances. We basically started to see what we're used to see: Jets executing their skill advantage. Now I expect them to continue just where they left off in the 1st period of the 2nd game.

The last 5 minutes have been a good thing IMO. Like said, that first game was all about "actually finally doing it" and defending is part of that as well. When they tightened up, they looked good and didn't really give up any high scoring chances for that entire 2.5 minutes.

I'm really excited that Laine scored that confidence boosting goalscorer's goal. I was a bit worried about him needing a couple of games to adjust to the playoffs aggressivity and speed. Same about Ehlers - I think he looked a lot more comfortable in the third period compared to period one or two. I think you could just feel that they both adjusted to the playoff game style they had to face.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm really excited that Laine scored that confidence boosting goalscorer's goal. I was a bit worried about him needing a couple of games to adjust to the playoffs aggressivity and speed.

Yeah I just posted a giddy comment about Laine in the post game thread

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So both teams have practice time scheduled but I'm not sure it will end up being anything more than just the black aces.

IMG_0876.jpg

LeBrun said Lowry left the building limping last night, so at least it doesn't seem to be any sort of re-occurrence if his back/shoulder

I doubt Machhoo will be a player. One would think Rosie comes back in the lineup. Will the lines be shuffled up? Or will he just slot in as LW on the Little line?

How close is Enstrom? He hasn't skated with the team yet.

After the win, Money Puck now has the probability of a Jets series win just under 75%

IMG_0911.jpg

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
If Perreault is not ready to go, I would consider putting in Dano instead of Roslovic. A natural LW who at this point is better than Roslovic in his 2 way play. Could be the right choice to make as I don't think that Little and Armia are good enough to cover for Roslovic when needed esp with one of them playing their weak side.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Hoping for more of the last 15 minutes of the third period tomorrow night. The Jets really took over the game after they went down 2-1.

Lowry and co. need to keep punishing Minnesota's defence on the forecheck.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
If Perreault is not ready to go, I would consider putting in Dano instead of Roslovic. A natural LW who at this point is better than Roslovic in his 2 way play. Could be the right choice to make as I don't think that Little and Armia are good enough to cover for Roslovic when needed esp with one of them playing their weak side.

I agree, Dano has played a pretty solid game in the few we've seen him in this season too.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011

I was thinking the same thing. I am not a Dano fan, but I think Dano has more grit to his game. I think he can get under their skin. There will be opportunity for Roslovic down the road. No doubt we are going to have a few more men go down over the next 6 - 8 weeks.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
On the CNBC broadcast they were talking about how the Jets intend to wear down the Wild D and the cumulative effect of the forechecking as the series goes along. Some of what we saw for the entire third period (the Jets were already dominating even though the Wild scored twice) was the fruit of those efforts. Dumba played 30+ minutes

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
LeBrun said Lowry left the building limping last night, so at least it doesn't seem to be any sort of re-occurrence if his back/shoulder
What’s this about Lowry being injured? How did I miss this? I didn’t notice his absence in the game...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What’s this about Lowry being injured? How did I miss this? I didn’t notice his absence in the game...

I posted this in the GDT. LeBrun was the only media person who noticed apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad