Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs rd 1 game 2 Friday April 13 630 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Had to pee...no big deal.

Post game Lowry confirmed he had "something" and Lowry was limping leaving the building last night. Here's the bit from LeBrun's article.

But can the Jets keep him healthy? Lowry left the opening period with 50 seconds to go but returned for the second period after testing himself out on the ice with a few whirls.
He’s not denying he got banged up near the end of the first period.
“Yeah, but I’m OK. I’ll be ready for Game 2,’’ Lowry said without hesitation.

And with that, Lowry walked gingerly out of the dressing room, a light limp noticeable, but his word to play come Game 2 is all that matters.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Is this a 6 or 6:30 start? I thought last night's was 6:30 (or 5:30 Mountain) and missed the anthems...

Wed was a 6:00ct start. Puck drop aprx 6:12.

Fri is a 6:30ct start. Expected puck drop aprx 6:42

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wed was a 6:00ct start. Puck drop aprx 6:12.

Fri is a 6:30ct start. Expected puck drop aprx 6:42

Expect it to be delayed even further, TNSE decided it has to one-up Vegas' opening last night by having Mick E. Moose and Benny recreating the closing dog-fight from T0p Gun, complete with cardboard home made Jet plane wings and lots of Benny saying "talk to me, Moose" :sarcasm:

Sorry, that whole knight jousting shit from last night made me cringe beyond belief. But I guess Vegas is like that?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hopefully the guys figured out not to sink to Minny's level and play that meat and potato kind of game, that's exactly what they want as it is their game and not ours', as soon as we figured that out in the 3rd and played our game (skill and speed) we completely dominated the ice.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Hopefully the guys figured out not to sink to Minny's level and play that meat and potato kind of game, that's exactly what they want as it is their game and not ours', as soon as we figured that out in the 3rd and played our game (skill and speed) we completely dominated the ice.

Jets need to stick to their speed and skill game. We were doing the grinding thing for too long yesterday and as soon as we switched to what works for us it was cruise control from there on out.

Nice.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
tenor.gif

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If Perreault is not ready to go, I would consider putting in Dano instead of Roslovic. A natural LW who at this point is better than Roslovic in his 2 way play. Could be the right choice to make as I don't think that Little and Armia are good enough to cover for Roslovic when needed esp with one of them playing their weak side.

What are you talking about?
Roslovic's impact on the ice is so superior to Dano.
There's no way that decision is made.
Dano is another couple of injuries away from getting into the line up.

FREE ROSLOVIC

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Looking for some GDT help.
Needed people with the Photoshop skills that can send me back some images for later tonight.
My only hope of getting this done in time tonight will rely on a little help.

If you can help send me a message through the PM system.
Of course you will have to sign a non disclosure agreement ;)

Midnight is coming soon and I will be under the gun to get this done to the level we would all like.

GJG

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What are you talking about?
Roslovic's impact on the ice is so superior to Dano.
There's no way that decision is made.
Dano is another couple of injuries away from getting into the line up.

FREE ROSLOVIC

Perrault-Little-Roslovic line was buried in shot attempts when they played together and that was WITH Perreault on that line. I can't imagine things get better if you ice that same line but replace Perreault with Armia. I am not saying Roslovic should not slot in, I just think that Dano has a good case to get into the lineup esp considering the physicality and grit that Dano brings to the table.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Looking for some GDT help.
Needed people with the Photoshop skills that can send me back some images for later tonight.
My only hope of getting this done in time tonight will rely on a little help.

If you can help send me a message through the PM system.
Of course you will have to sign a non disclosure agreement ;)

Midnight is coming soon and I will be under the gun to get this done to the level we would all like.

GJG

Would help if so could butI only hav an IPad so my shopping is rather poor.

If you’re looking for theme ideas for a game in St Paul I could suggest a whiskey theme. I found this on a Minnesota trivia site

6. The original name of the settlement that became St. Paul was Pig's Eye. Named for the French-Canadian whiskey trader, Pierre "Pig's Eye" Parrant, who had led squatters to the settlement.

Minnesota State Facts - 50States.com

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Would help if so could butI only hav an IPad so my shopping is rather poor.

If you’re looking for theme ideas for a game in St Paul I could suggest a whiskey theme. I found this on a Minnesota trivia site

6. The original name of the settlement that became St. Paul was Pig's Eye. Named for the French-Canadian whiskey trader, Pierre "Pig's Eye" Parrant, who had led squatters to the settlement.

Minnesota State Facts - 50States.com

I’ve got my themes. Just looking for some help with some images to reduce my workload and get me to bed before 3am :)

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I think Jets play with a lot more confidence Friday. A bit of jitters and cautious play until the 3rd period last night. They will take that momentum into the next game and dominate on the ice and score board.
The games in St Paul will be the next test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad