Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs rd 1 game 2 Friday April 13 630 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Ooops. I meant the Jets were playing well early in the 3rd (not 2nd), even though they gave up a couple of goals early in the 3rd.
They were playing well but they were also giving up scoring chances which is not good but seriously I'm not worried about the Jets this is a solid team up and down the roster. If they lose it's because of a bad bounce or unlucky.:D
What I don't like is the way the Wild think they are the Vikings. Throwing Perreault and Tanev to the ice like that should be a major or misconduct for sure.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
They were playing well but they were also giving up scoring chances which is not good but seriously I'm not worried about the Jets this is a solid team up and down the roster. If they lose it's because of a bad bounce or unlucky.:D
What I don't like is the way the Wild think they are the Vikings. Throwing Perreault and Tanev to the ice like that should be a major or misconduct for sure.

17 to 1. shots on goal after the 2 1 goal. They didnt give up much of anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Interesting to hear Maurice say that Ehlers is not the fastest straight line skater on the team. That according to TC testing that honour belongs to Mark Scheifele

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

None

Feb 22, 2012
Interesting to hear Maurice say that Ehlers is not the fastest straight line skater on the team. That according to TC testing that honour belongs to Mark Scheifele

I doubt Nik Antropov was any slower than Kyle Wellwood in year 1, yet it felt like Nik caught a lot more flak than the actual slugs on that roster. Bigger players just look a little slower, I'm not terribly surprised that Scheif's faster. I'm not sure I'd even say Ehlers has the edge on agility anymore either, Scheifele's skating is one of his biggest strengths nowadays.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
I expect the Jets to come out of the gate quicker.....with the no playoff win thing, as well as playoff debuts for a number of players.....now by the boards.

If our D does a better job (and they should) of puck handling....we can get the uptempo transition going. Don't think the Wild have the horses, to handle that.

Reactions: Whileee

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Schief was back to beast mode last night. Great to see. I think the team will settle down and play like they can from now on. They looked a little shaky the first half of first game.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I doubt Nik Antropov was any slower than Kyle Wellwood in year 1, yet it felt like Nik caught a lot more flak than the actual slugs on that roster. Bigger players just look a little slower, I'm not terribly surprised that Scheif's faster. I'm not sure I'd even say Ehlers has the edge on agility anymore either, Scheifele's skating is one of his biggest strengths nowadays.
Didn’t expect that a few years ago!

None

Feb 22, 2012
ehlers presser today was great. He made a joke about how there's never a pay off on his awesome looking rushes up the ice. :laugh: How he hears the crowd's excited "oooooooooooooohhhhhh" and then the dejected "awwwwwww..." He hopes one day to hear lots of cheering at the end of one! lol

Source video for the breakaway was horribly synced

Last edited:
Reactions: roccerfeller

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I will be in the crowd for this one. I will try and make some time between expensive beers to get some pictures of the crazy crowd for you guys...

Jets win 4-2. Roslovic goal and assist. Wheels with a goal. Goal for Tanev. Buff with goal.

My Pre-dic...

Beer_Glass.gif

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
17 to 1. shots on goal after the 2 1 goal. They didnt give up much of anything.
Sometimes shots on goal are misleading. That scoring chance where the net came off ... did not count as a shot on net but it was a good scoring chance. In a one goal game anything can happen and one mistake usually the puck ends up in your net.
Don't get me wrong the Jets deserve to win that game but it was too close when it should not have been.

Reactions: Jets2point0
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Ros slides into frenchy’s spot perfectly. Zero reason to disrupt the Laine Stats Ehlers line.

I don't think Jack as played LW all season, either on the Moose or the Jets. If Perreault can't go & Mo goes with Roslo, there will be some juggling on the 3rd & 4th.

Otherwise Matthias will get tapped to play.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I will be in the crowd for this one. I will try and make some time between expensive beers to get some picks of the crazy crowd for you guys...

Jets win 4-2. Roslovic goal and assist. Wheels with a goal. Goal for Tanev. Buff with goal.

My Pre-dic...

Beer_Glass.gif
If Roslo can put up those numbers hopefully we won't see Perrault again.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't think Jack as played LW all season, either on the Moose or the Jets. If Perreault can't go & Mo goes with Roslo, there will be some juggling on the 3rd & 4th.

Otherwise Matthias will get tapped to play.
They should just put Lemieux in and let him act like a bull in a china shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->