Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs game 1 the legendary toronto maple leafs vs montreal canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Carter I think only waived to the pens due to having a prior connection with Crosby as both played at the Olympics and other tournaments.

Don't know if he would have come here (I guess we have Joe who played at the Olympics as well so a possibility)

I watched majority of the pens game and Carter was great. Crosby/rust/Guentzle dominated mostly.

If Malkin comes back healthy the pens are one of the deepest teams at forward. They have a great team that will be a hard team to beat. They need their defense to stay focused and not make bad reads/pinches and need Jarry to be sharp and not let in back breakers

Carter is also signed for one more season. I wouldn't have wanted to take that risk

Reactions: Dekes For Days

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Carter is also signed for one more season. I wouldn't have wanted to take that risk
At his current cap hit of 2.634 I'd take him for next year and have him be the 3C over kerfoot. The only caveat like you said is whether his performance can withstand father time?

Right now he's playing considerably better than kerfoot and is a real 2C option for the pens until Malkin is back. However for guys like him/spezza/Thornton they are up in age and could fall off drastically from one year to the next.

If we bring back Spezza next year it would be at 750k and if he fell off it wouldn't impact us. At 2.634M if Carter fell to a low end 4th liner level due to decline than he is worse than kerfoot and we have no 3C option.

Im happy with foligno and think he should justify the price we paid for him come the playoffs

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Curious to see how Petry handles playoff Matthews . Even Seth Jones had no answer most of the time . Petry is no Seth Jones.

By curious I mean I send my sympathies to him.

Reactions: FelixPotvin29

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Curious to see how Petry handles playoff Matthews . Even Seth Jones had no answer most of the time . Petry is no Seth Jones.

By curious I mean I send my sympathies to him.
Well we saw how Savard got caved in in 10 minutes when he had to step into Werenski's minutes last year.

I don't think Petry wins that matchup enough for the Habs to be successful.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
SOOOOOO the Habs are going to have some fans and we cannot? Like WTF! How is this remotely fair?

I know it may not get to 6 games, but if it did that is an advantage.
There’s zero chance the Habs get to game 6. This series is either done in 4 or 5. My bet is 4 games. Leafs are just way too good all around, and Habs are being coached by a dumbass and have a very mediocre/declining roster.

Reactions: the and TopChedder

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Saw 2 cars with Habs flags on them, how dare they! Time to take out the Leaf car flags from storage. I’m getting pumped, Thursday can’t come soon enough.

I'm so freaking jealous of all you guys living outside Quebec.
I wouldn't even dare thinking about my flags anymore :(

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Montreal Canadiens to scratch Cole Caufield, Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Alexander Romanov in Game 1 - TSN.ca
Montreal will healthy schratch caufield, romanov and kotkaniemi against US tomorrow! :biglaugh: WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD USE THESE, EXACTLY THESE YOUNG PLAYERS WITH SPEED AGAINS ISUS!!!!!!! FOR LIFE SON! FOR LIFE SON!!

I have feeling their coach maybe giving them the green light to go out hard on our players to help stop us from going deep in the POs, if we pass through them.
May be that's why he's protecting the kids.
Could you imagine the uproar in Montreal if we do indeed win the cup.
Their coach will be the most hated Frenchman in QC fcol.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No one is watching Canucks and Flames. Not even their fans. Not even their families. And I bet players rather watch postseason than play themselves.

Yup. Has the NHL been asked WTF? Would love to hear their justification for delaying the playoffs for the North because of these games nobody cares about.

It’ll be like when Mothra wakes up from foolish human nuclear weapon activity, and then him and Godzilla go at it over Tokyo.

The rivalry is there, it’s just dormant, waiting patiently.

I was amazed to read a poster here claim there is no more rivalry between us. I'm almost speechless just thinking about it. Dormant and waiting patiently, that is perfectly put. I can't wait to see this thing blow up!

Reactions: cipher

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
SOOOOOO the Habs are going to have some fans and we cannot? Like WTF! How is this remotely fair?

I know it may not get to 6 games, but if it did that is an advantage.

How is it an advantage? 2500 fans in a 20,000 seat building.....it's going to sound more pathetic than "rockin" :laugh:

Reactions: cannucky

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
How is it an advantage? 2500 fans in a 20,000 seat building.....it's going to sound more pathetic than "rockin" :laugh:
You guys need to read a little more carefully the Habs won't get fans in their arena until game 6 on May 29 the restrictions are in place until at least the 28th . Odds are this series might be over and if it isn't they get fans for 1 game big deal .

PS I know your not the OP of this and just commenting but your the last guy to comment so the easiest to quote , nothing personal .

Reactions: egd27

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You guys need to read a little more carefully the Habs won't get fans in their arena until game 6 on May 29 the restrictions are in place until at least the 28th . Odds are this series might be over and if it isn't they get fans for 1 game big deal .

Yes I had read that. Was just pointing out even if it goes to 6, 2500 fans in a 20,000 seat arena is hardly intimidating. (not that any opposing crowd should be to professionals)

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Yes I had read that. Was just pointing out even if it goes to 6, 2500 fans in a 20,000 seat arena is hardly intimidating. (not that any opposing crowd should be to professionals)
Stop typing so fast you didn't let me get my edits in , I'm almost 60 so my posts have to be proof read and edited lol !

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I am trying very, very hard not to think about this series until about half an hour before puck drop. Too much nervous energy and excitement. There are no excuses for failure here, this is an absolute must win for this team.
I relate the part of tying trying very, very HARD sire. I'm thinkin bout this game too sire. But, there is an element of surprise during this first game. We will prevail no matter what and WIN THE SERIES. The first game is often very hard and surprising one. Our team will be healthy and ready, so don't be alarmed if we pound these suckas and fools down already in the first gezame. Cause no matter what, our thug team today and tomorrow will prevail. This is our time and we have a chance at the stanley cup. Tampa Bay and Colorado are strong and speedy gonzales, but we got that game like spike lee do. Also, our current savvy vets will eat noses off, so I ain't worried at all. Only thinking bout WINS and PREVAILING. We moving forward, with our current money, personel, and power sire.

Reactions: LeafGrief

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

PS I know your not the OP of this and just commenting but your the last guy to comment so the easiest to quote , nothing personal .

No offense taken.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Carter is 36, signed for another season, and has a 2.6m+ cap hit.
Also uh, Nash brings so much more D-game sire. He good at faceoffs, PK killa for scrilla, a savvy vet who D's out a lot. Nice defensive stats. Brings that element. Carter brisangs gezoals. We already got those in matthews, marner, taveres, foligno and nylander. Others too. We ain't want goals sire. We want D. We ain't want offensive talent no mo. NO.

Reactions: 123offtheglass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad