Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs game 1 the legendary toronto maple leafs vs montreal canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
My thinking is that Foligno has looked good with Matthews and Marner, and hasn’t with Tavares and Nylander.

Hyman looks good everywhere, we should put Foligno with the line he’s shown the most chemistry with

You might be right here.

Only caveat is that the last 2gms might be completely meaningless, and those are the ones foligno played on the 2nd line.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
My thinking is that Foligno has looked good with Matthews and Marner, and hasn’t with Tavares and Nylander.

Hyman looks good everywhere, we should put Foligno with the line he’s shown the most chemistry with
I do agree I liked Foligno's game better next to Matty and Mitchy than I did when he was with JT and Willy. Hyman makes any line hum. Very interchangeable though throughout the game. And I'm sure Keefe won't be shy to pull that trigger if need be.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
E1oQ4wqXoAItsfX

watching NHL playoffs while the Leafs don't play until Thursday... NHL being cruel making us wait for Vancouver & Calgary to finish their seasons.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone else get the feeling that the Leafs are planning to upgrade the arena atmosphere starting Thursday?

I'm thinking lots of noise...maybe raucous spectators superimposed on green screens in the stands. They might be up to something.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Anyone else get the feeling that the Leafs are planning to upgrade the arena atmosphere starting Thursday?

I'm thinking lots of noise...maybe raucous spectators superimposed on green screens in the stands. They might be up to something.
something like the WWE thunderdome with screens in the seats lol, or maybe some of those blowup tube men lol that go crazy

Reactions: Marshy

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
By the time the Leafs and Habs play game one, every other team, aside from Winnipeg-Edmonton will have played two, and the other games on the night are game three of their series.

It's obvious that Bettman hates the Canadian teams but what kind of shell game is he running here?

Did Bergevin call in a favor because elite shutdown center Phil Danault, who sure showed Matthews what's what, holding him to 7-6-13 in 9, 2012-2014 world's best goalie Carey Price and 2012 Norris trophy runner up Shea Weber still need a bit of rest?

Reactions: The Cobra

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Price let in two by the Marlies and Frank Gallagher along with the Rockets got shut out.

Good omen

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I remember they talked about ideas like this last year but obviously it never happened. I just hope they don't ramp up the phoney crowd noise. I find it really distracting already.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It's honestly making me depressed watching these games with fans knowing the Leafs don't get any in their arena. Screw this BS already.
Its depressing the game is scheduled days after the first playoff game. Starting to remember how awful it is to be out of the playoffs.
Addiction withdrawal is a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad