Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs game 1 the legendary toronto maple leafs vs montreal canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
THIS THAT THANG Y'all HEARD ME!!! Gezame one! COMING UP! We harder, stronger, more physical than in so many years. NOW WE READY. EATING NOSES OFF, TWERKING HARD, STILL GRINDING ON THAT THANG. WINNING. WITH OUR YOUNG TALENT. WE ARE THE FAVOURITES!!!!!!!!! HARD!! RICH!!! POWERFUL!! We build it how we WANTED IT! Thank you dubas. (Our general manager)

WE ARE GETTING Campbell in net, NASH with our dirty third line. Hell, even hyman might be bezack. But yeah, foligno, thornton, simmonds and them fools is gon KILL it so hard in the playoffs.................. Spezza.

Our young talent will control the game and FINISH HARD. This is our time and I love life. :leaf: :maple leaf: :leafs: :maple leafs:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Campbell starting. Well what else is new. Nash is centering the 3rd line with Kerfoot and Mikheyev. Hyman is back with Matthews/Marner. Willy and Tavares will get Foligno. I don’t like the way our older/slower guys will play on the same line together.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Campbell starting. Well what else is new. Nash is centering the 3rd line with Kerfoot and Mikheyev. Hyman is back with Matthews/Marner. Willy and Tavares will get Foligno. I don’t like the way our older/slower guys will play on the same line together.
I kinda think spezza Simmonds and Thornton work well ish together. They play at the same speed and aren’t complete liabilities out there defensively.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I kinda think spezza Simmonds and Thornton work well ish together. They play at the same speed and aren’t complete liabilities out there defensively.
I think they’re ideal 4th liners. As a unit they’re slow, but responsible and you can get them a few extra minutes if any of them is feeling ten years younger that night by sprinkling PP and shifts with the top lines.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Glad Bogo is healthy. His big physical presence will be a welcome addition come playoffs. Based on Sandin's play and that he's taking reps on the top PP unit, I'd have to think it's Dermott's job that's in danger. Sandin-Bogosian is a nice looking third pairing. Allows the rookie to play a little bigger too. We've all seen he has a little bite to his game

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I'm still not liking the way the bottom 6 looks. The 4th line is too slow and the 3rd line is being promoted as a shut down line when Montreal is a pretty balanced line up and shuffle lines constantly.

Reactions: Alerion

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'm still not liking the way the bottom 6 looks. The 4th line is too slow and the 3rd line is being promoted as a shut down line when Montreal is a pretty balanced line up and shuffle lines constantly.
I personally think the fourth line will be fine. Spezza and Simmonds really don't seem that slow to me in all honesty. They're not Mikheyev or Kerfoot..but slow? Bit of a stretch imo. Very veteran savvy guys who can turn up the heat. We all know what Simmonds can bring physically. Spezza has been a stud all year in his fourth line minutes (and they'll start with the puck alot with him on the draws). Thornton has quietly put up his points as he always has, and we've seen what he can bring to the table when he was terrorizing Ehlers...look for more of that from the big bodied 41yr old who's still chasing his first ever Stanley Cup.
I do however agree the shutdown unit of Kerfoot-Nash-Mikheyev is likely much less effective against a team like Montreal, as it would be against a team like Edmonton. Can't wait for Thursday either way. GLG

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->