Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs game 1 the legendary toronto maple leafs vs montreal canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Yup. Has the NHL been asked WTF? Would love to hear their justification for delaying the playoffs for the North because of these games nobody cares about.

I said it yesterday. They had to schedule the playoffs at some point. 29 teams besides Calgary and Vancouver had to make plans, many of them requiring ticket sales. Both Calgary and Vancouver were still in the running for 4th in the North when they finally announced the schedule. Basically, they had no choice but delay our games.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
The other thing about the Quebec restrictions is the Premier said as long as 75 % are double dosed but everybody in my region has been told their second dose isn't scheduled until some time in August .

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I said it yesterday. They had to schedule the playoffs at some point. 29 teams besides Calgary and Vancouver had to make plans, many of them requiring ticket sales. Both Calgary and Vancouver were still in the running for 4th in the North when they finally announced the schedule. Basically, they had no choice but delay our games.

Huh, that makes sense I guess, thanks for the info. Too bad they couldn't have waited just a little bit longer, oh well.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
giphy.gif

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The other thing about the Quebec restrictions is the Premier said as long as 75 % are double dosed but everybody in my region has been told their second dose isn't scheduled until some time in August .

It's 75% of the population with a single dose. As you say, most of us won't be getting our 2nd dose here in Quebec until mid-July through August. I am holding out hope that those dates advance. I like the plan, essentially it reads like, hey here are all the things you have have... if we are at 75% vaccinated. So it's on us.

Again 2500 fans, in that enormous building is peanuts, and would not have any effect on the outcome of a game. Hell, I am only 2 hrs away.... I might have to get in on some tickets if this pans out. Wonder if I could get a section to myself?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It's 75% of the population with a single dose. As you say, most of us won't be getting our 2nd dose here in Quebec until mid-July through August. I am holding out hope that those dates advance. I like the plan, essentially it reads like, hey here are all the things you have have... if we are at 75% vaccinated. So it's on us.

Again 2500 fans, in that enormous building is peanuts, and would not have any effect on the outcome of a game. Hell, I am only 2 hrs away.... I might have to get in on some tickets if this pans out. Wonder if I could get a section to myself?

The number is in 80 percentages, as its 75% of population, as kids won’t be vaccinated yet, 12-17 age group not sure when Pfizer is available to them.

Reactions: wingman75

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I'm very happy Bogosian is in.
I like Dermott alot; but stylistically Sandin and Bogosian could be great. Rasmus has a little bit of "something else" that Dermott doesn't have. Bogosian will promote it, cover and make the team stand a bit taller.

Yess

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON

No, but it would be very easy to run around if Habs fans start to chase you.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
THIS THAT THANG Y'all HEARD ME!!! Gezame one! COMING UP! We harder, stronger, more physical than in so many years. NOW WE READY. EATING NOSES OFF, TWERKING HARD, STILL GRINDING ON THAT THANG. WINNING. WITH OUR YOUNG TALENT. WE ARE THE FAVOURITES!!!!!!!!! HARD!! RICH!!! POWERFUL!! We build it how we WANTED IT! Thank you dubas. (Our general manager)

WE ARE GETTING Campbell in net, NASH with our dirty third line. Hell, even hyman might be bezack. But yeah, foligno, thornton, simmonds and them fools is gon KILL it so hard in the playoffs.................. Spezza.

Our young talent will control the game and FINISH HARD. This is our time and I love life. :leaf: :maple leaf: :leafs: :maple leafs:
Not really sure what you said but I think I like it.
Lol

Reactions: Coachcorner

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

No, both teams were eliminated when the North schedule was announced. It doesn’t even pass logic that they scheduled a Montreal vs Toronto playoff round, if the other teams weren’t eliminated.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
No, both teams were eliminated when the North schedule was announced. It doesn’t even pass logic that they scheduled a Montreal vs Toronto playoff round, if the other teams weren’t eliminated.

So you think they developed the schedule for 16 teams, many of which that had to organize ticket sales in like a day?

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

apparently it’s 10 sections with 250 ppl per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad