Pre-Game Talk: PLAYOFFS! at vegas tuesday thursday

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Wear a F*** Vegas jersey on top of the Jets jersey?

Wear an oversized Jets jersey with absolutely nothing underneath? They're not gonna let you go in naked.
No they’re certainly not. People in Las Vegas pay good money to obtain a license to display their anatomical wares.
It’s not free, unlike in Portland where all you need is a Harley.

• Haha
Reactions: Aggie204

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

6 of 9 Sportsnet NHL broadcasters picked the Jets over the Ducks, including Kypreos, Friedman, and Chris Johnston who's at TSN now. Kypreos had them losing in the Cup Final.

5 of 13 ESPN analysts picked the Jets, including Pierre Lebrun.

I can't find the TSN record of their 2015 playoff predictions but I remember it as being similar to Sportsnet.
Thanks for this. I do remember O’Neil picking us to win the Cup but didn’t remember the rest. I remember, of course, hoping for an upset but figuring it wasn’t very likely.

As a side note, not sure what these analysts were thinking. Everyone knows the Ducks under Boudreau would choke in the third runs, not the first. :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I’m honestly worried about how our 2nd line with Names-Wheeler will shape up in the playoffs. Wonder if Bones reconsiders moving Scheif back, and maybe getting Connor/Dubois/Ehlers back together.
I wouldn't change a thing unless we play bad , then ya move guys around. I like Dubois, Connor and Scheifele on the wing , if Connor starts scoring that's a line that can match up with any line in the league.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Honestly I’m pretty negative about the Jets and I picked Vegas to win in five in my pool, but with Hellebuyck in net anything is possible. Split the first two in Vegas and we’re in good shape.

Famous last words, but I’ll take playing Brossoit.
Very cool analytical take.
It may even make you some money..
But this homey will vote with his right hemisphere and project thoughts of a Jets win out into the universe.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Okay, there has to be an interesting story (or several) behind that. I could speculate about what a reverse stripper actually is or does but instead I'll ask for more details. Can you elaborate, please?

Wild guess: people paid him money to keep his clothes on :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31 and Inanna

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Which team will climb to the top?

1681754988666.jpeg

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
i remember that stl game he came in relief for hutch. saved 19/20, with the GA being a shot from center ice. from that point on he went 9-3-1 with a 950 sv% with 4 SOs lol.
I remember that shot. It was really high, came from over near the benches and Pav said he lost it against the background of the crowd in their seats. A pretty mediocre goalie with occassional bursts of amazing brilliance.

Reactions: DRW204

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Well said! Until game time tomorrow anything is possible. After that we are dependent on the unfolding of events, to alter our reality.

This is really it. Predictions and hype are all fluctuant.
Gustafsson does nothing for me, i'd rather have Stenlund. Bigger body and atleast he contributes offensively every once in a while.
Lack of offence is biggest knock on Gus, yes
But he’s good defensively which would help against Vegas depth

Maybe Stenlund gets back in before puck drop?

Reactions: jokesondee

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yes, they were swept in 4 games. But don’t forget, over the 4 games COMBINED, Anaheim led the games for a grand total of 13 minutes. It was a much closer series than the 4 game sweep showed….

unfortunately, it was the 13 minutes that mattered most, lol.

Reactions: Cypruss

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Gustafsson does nothing for me, i'd rather have Stenlund. Bigger body and atleast he contributes offensively every once in a while.
The offensive difference is 3 points in 8 more games. Per 60 they're pretty close. Expected numbers puts Stenlund as the worst on the team, lower than Maenalanen even. Main difference is Stenlund has been able to finish but when we're looking at such small production over a large sample of games it can be chalked up to being a little luckier a couple more times. Also Stenlund's defensive numbers are bad and even ignoring who might have been more lucky Gustafsson's defensive game is worth more than those extra 3 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad