Pre-Game Talk: PLAYOFFS! at vegas tuesday thursday

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Perfetti 10 days to two weeks away so game 5 or 6 maybe.
Where does he fit in the line up? I want him in there, but does Bowness drop Wheeler to line 3 and drop Appleton?

Does Perfetti go to line 3?

It’s a good problem to have, again, I wonder where he’d go.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Where does he fit in the line up? I want him in there, but does Bowness drop Wheeler to line 3 and drop Appleton?

probably 4th line? the way the top-3 lines are clicking i don't think they'd want to disrupt the chemistry.

Reactions: Channelcat

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Injuries happen. Look at each of our past 4 playoff runs. We've had a number of injuries. No real sense speculating right now without knowing how healthy we will be by that point.

Also hard to know if our lines will still be performing well by then. We may need to mix things up.

I'm sure Bones will find a way to fit him in.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
This past year I've found the way to never be wrong with my predictions, and that's by never predicting anything.

I'm going to continue doing that throughout the playoffs, so I'm not predicting how the Jets/Vegas series will go; I'll just say this:

If the Jets play as well as they've played this season, they can win the West. There's no team they can't beat, including Colorado. But I have no idea if they'll actually play that way.

If the Jets play as poorly as they've played this season, they can beat Chicago and Florida. No one else.

Let's see which Jets show up.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

What I'd like to see is Perfetti centering Barron and Axel. That would make for a young dynamic 4th line that can add to our scoring. Be great to see, although it may affect our penalty kill ?

This past year I've found the way to never be wrong with my predictions, and that's by never predicting anything.

I'm going to continue doing that throughout the playoffs, so I'm not predicting how the Jets/Vegas series will go; I'll just say this:

If the Jets play as well as they've played this season, they can win the West. There's no team they can't beat, including Colorado. But I have no idea if they'll actually play that way.

If the Jets play as poorly as they've played this season, they can beat Chicago and Florida. No one else.

Let's see which Jets show up.
This series will amount to who wants it more -- we will see.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Vegas did beat the Jets all 3 games when the Jets were hot in the first half of the season.......we will shall see..

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Some people claim there is less pressure in opening a series on the road.

If you go into their arena and win one game, it's regarded as a great start to the series.

If you open at home and don't win both games, it's called a bad start and you're in possible trouble.

The result after two games is the same, tied at 1-1. But all the sports commentators appear to think that one situation is far better. Kind of strange?
I was more referring to how frequently we lose on the road compared to at home. But the regular season doesn’t matter any. Hopefully we play well with in Sun City.

Reactions: Inanna

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
True story, I landed in Vegas yesterday evening.. guess who was sitting next to me? Mark freakin’ Chipman. I just assumed he’d fly down with the team but I figured if he was going incognito on WestJet premium he probably wanted the quiet, so other than address him once as Mr Chipman and wish him good luck this week, I let the guy have some peace and quiet. Given that he spent half the flight napping and the other half staring at a spreadsheet, I think I chose wisely.

You never met a nicer, more polite individual in how he treated the flight attendant or spoke gratefully about me helping get his coat and bag down. Like if you didn’t see his watch you might never have known who he was.

I consider this a sign :) so let’s see how things go today!

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
That was a glorious game, and maybe the best game the Jets have played this season. If they keep doing that, it'll be a short series.

The question, I guess, is will they keep doing that?

I was looking at some history, and discovered something kind of upsetting, and that's that the Jets actually have a really, really bad home record in the playoffs. Jets v2.0 are 7-13 in home playoff games (5-9 if we don't count the two years they played with no crowds), so basically they lose at home in the playoffs twice as often as they win.

Even in 2018 they were 1-2 in home games against Nashville in that glorious series. They've been a much better road team in the playoffs.

So maybe...just maybe...the White Outs and everything are more of a distraction than a help for the team.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Early in that game it appeared that F**k Vegas was trying to intimidate the Jets. About 10 minutes in, I found myself wishing we still had Buff (again). :laugh:

You could certainly tell it was PO hockey. Jets were going to the net and it paid off. :thumbu:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That was a glorious game, and maybe the best game the Jets have played this season. If they keep doing that, it'll be a short series.

The question, I guess, is will they keep doing that?

I was looking at some history, and discovered something kind of upsetting, and that's that the Jets actually have a really, really bad home record in the playoffs. Jets v2.0 are 7-13 in home playoff games (5-9 if we don't count the two years they played with no crowds), so basically they lose at home in the playoffs twice as often as they win.

Even in 2018 they were 1-2 in home games against Nashville in that glorious series. They've been a much better road team in the playoffs.

So maybe...just maybe...the White Outs and everything are more of a distraction than a help for the team.
Always a reason to be negative. Many ppl thought jets wouldn’t do well last night.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Beside 1 wheeler nonbackcheck and a too many men penalty it was essentially a perfect game. Physical, determined, easy night for helle, didn't stoke the other team. Just lulled their entire team and crowd into sleep, was beautiful to see

Reactions: Inanna

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
Early in that game it appeared that F**k Vegas was trying to intimidate the Jets. About 10 minutes in, I found myself wishing we still had Buff (again). :laugh:

You could certainly tell it was PO hockey. Jets were going to the net and it paid off. :thumbu:
I like that they didn't shrink away from Vegas' physicality, but also didn't get dragged into it either. They stood their ground but no one went out of position to make a big hit or take a stupid penalty in a scrum. PLD and Dillon had notable hits but so did several others (even KFC).

They were aggressive but measured all game long. Can't wait for game 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad