Pre-Game Talk: PLAYOFFS! at vegas tuesday thursday

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021

Skip to 2:30...

That aged well... lol.

1681451694152.jpeg

Toronto came in 4th Overall. Lol look at their path to the Cup...

We lucked out with this Playoff bracket and potential path to the Finals.

This is one of the best possible outcomes imo.

Im very excited!!!

1681452472761.jpeg

1681452509428.jpeg

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well it's almost like being in the Smythe division again, except the road is through Vegas to get to the Oilers or Kings.

Last year Bones and his Stars knocked Vegas out of the playoffs, when the Knights couldn't find a way to get Stone back into their lineup, with all their salaries. This year Vegas can effectively cheat the Cap by bringing Stone back in time...

Still I feel good about this matchup regardless of the season series. Hellebuyck will remember the agony of defeat in 2018, and don't think he'll be staring across the ice again at someone as daunting as Fleury. 4 goalies for the Knights to choose from.

I hope the forwards come ready to play because my one concern would be that the Jets are outmatched on defense.

Still it remains to be seen who can elevate. Jack Eichel's first playoffs, for Blake Wheeler he is near the end of his playoff career.

I'm curious what the start times will be for the Jets at home. Hopefully no 9pm starts.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If this was the Jets of a month ago I would have been doubtful. But the last 6 or 7 games (save the Calgary game) this team has got some mojo back and could be a real dark horse.

This team is legitimately good and I do not think it was an aberration that it was in the top 5 to 10 for the first half. Overcoming midseason adversity is big, but there are some real factors that will determine if we make it:

1. Will 55 and 26 play with heart and show up?
2. What is the extent of Ehlers injury?
3. Playoff PLD has been a thing vs TML a few years ago and that could be a real driver
4. Lowry line peaking at the right time to suffocate VGK top line
5. Is Vezina Helle back?
6. If the team is playing well, and Perfetti comes back, where do you put him?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If this was the Jets of a month ago I would have been doubtful. But the last 6 or 7 games (save the Calgary game) this team has got some mojo back and could be a real dark horse.

This team is legitimately good and I do not think it was an aberration that it was in the top 5 to 10 for the first half. Overcoming midseason adversity is big, but there are some real factors that will determine if we make it:

1. Will 55 and 26 play with heart and show up?
2. What is the extent of Ehlers injury?
3. Playoff PLD has been a thing vs TML a few years ago and that could be a real driver
4. Lowry line peaking at the right time to suffocate VGK top line
5. Is Vezina Helle back?
6. If the team is playing well, and Perfetti comes back, where do you put him?
Where to play Perfetti would be a tough question right now, he hasn't played in a long time. I would start him on the 4th line at first. He will help our second PP unit though.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well I think it depends on Ehlers. If he's out then you slide Cole into his slot. If Fly is good to go then it gets a little tricky.
Yes i'm assuming Ehlers is in the lineup when i say Perfetti on the 4th line. Although moving Barron up and putting Perfetti on the 4th line at first might be a smart thing to do .

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I only worry about Jets player motivation in the playoffs when it is an elimination game for them. In those games, the sweet waft of golf season and getting the royal F out of Winnipeg becomes so intoxicating that the game play becomes horrendous.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00