Pre-Game Talk: PLAYOFFS! at vegas tuesday thursday

Nov 24, 2006
Beside 1 wheeler nonbackcheck and a too many men penalty it was essentially a perfect game. Physical, determined, easy night for helle, didn't stoke the other team. Just lulled their entire team and crowd into sleep, was beautiful to see
Imagine a team that plays like this 82 games a year, and with a goalie as good as Helle only seeing 16-18 shots a game.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Doesn't the NHL supervise that and take action against teams?
That's what I don't understand either. I would think there would be NHL league wide "standards". Like you have to have the ice ready and lights on for the opposition practice. And apparently a team needs a call from the NHL to not take pedals off of exercise bikes?

It's such childish, nonsense behavior that only looks bad on the league.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Not to humblebrag, but my crew got me a ticket to tonight's game. Unsure if I should tempt fate by wearing my home white Jersey. Anyone really think T-Mobile will bounce people wearing opposing team gear?
There were Jets fans in the crowd wearing their Jets jersey and some even had white wigs on. I would absolutely wear my Jets stuff. :nod:

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Friends, we have to remember that Vegas is a "new" franchise. They didn't have the 80s and 90s, where hazing happened and wasn't as "frowned upon". (I must admit, I am also not a fan of said hazing).

They're starting their baby steps toward learning what class/no-class means by making these mistakes and then learning that these actions inspire grizzled franchise opponents rather than take the wind out of our sails.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Friends, we have to remember that Vegas is a "new" franchise. They didn't have the 80s and 90s, where hazing happened and wasn't as "frowned upon". (I must admit, I am also not a fan of said hazing).

They're starting their baby steps toward learning what class/no-class means by making these mistakes and then learning that these actions inspire grizzled franchise opponents rather than take the wind out of our sails.
This sounds too creepily close to the Weinstein defence.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
So far so good folks. Thought for sure we got that third one in. Someone wanna post a Wedge “stay on target!” Meme for me?

star-wars-stay-on-target.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like that they didn't shrink away from Vegas' physicality, but also didn't get dragged into it either. They stood their ground but no one went out of position to make a big hit or take a stupid penalty in a scrum. PLD and Dillon had notable hits but so did several others (even KFC).

They were aggressive but measured all game long. Can't wait for game 2.

I was thinking the same thing. The hit count was heavily in favour of Eff Vegas but it wasn't effective, at least not after the first couple of shifts.
But I still wished for Buff to settle them down. :laugh:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I like that they didn't shrink away from Vegas' physicality, but also didn't get dragged into it either. They stood their ground but no one went out of position to make a big hit or take a stupid penalty in a scrum. PLD and Dillon had notable hits but so did several others (even KFC).

They were aggressive but measured all game long. Can't wait for game 2.
Yeah, the first game in a while that Wheeler didn't take a stupid penalty. And then that lucky backhander made for a great game from him.

Reactions: GNP

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I’m going to the game on Saturday. Does anyone have an idea where I can get small plastic toy knights within Winnipeg ? I want to spray paint them gold and put them in the urinals. I want to extend the courtesy Vegas did in 2018.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I’m going to the game on Saturday. Does anyone have an idea where I can get small plastic toy knights within Winnipeg ? I want to spray paint them gold and put them in the urinals. I want to extend the courtesy Vegas did in 2018.

Only places I could think of is Toys R Us, Dollarama, Walmart.

Maybe Game Knight on Osborne? That's more of a hobby shop, so it might be pricey

Reactions: Aggie204

DynaJet

Apr 11, 2018
I wouldn’t bother stooping to Vegas’ level, but you do you.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I really hope Ehlers is in the lineup for this upcoming game. We need his breakaway speed, and control of the puck in the offensive zone. Even if he's hurting a bit, so be it, he can play a bit hurt like many pro athletes do. If his injury could flare back up and keep him out way longer, well then you have to consider resting him until he's ready. I know he says he wants to play and he feels good, so he must be very close to being ready to go. Love watching that guy play, and he's great on the power play, with a great shot. I think everybody on here would like to see Nik in for Game 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad