Playoff Drive Obituary Thread

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Columbus was a bum that nobody outside the fan base thought had a chance.

They battled to the very end only to come up short.

In spite of that, the fans fell in love with the team (again).

Can't wait for the sequel.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Yeah I don't think I can watch these playoffs. I have no one to root for, only people to root against.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
One ****ing point away. Had the refs made the right call in the CBJ vs CHI game where they declared goalie interference, we would have been in..

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
One ****ing point away. Had the refs made the right call in the CBJ vs CHI game where they declared goalie interference, we would have been in..
Or if the Refs would have had a pair of eyes in the Minny@Avs game it would have helped as well.
Probably one of the most one-sided reffing displays of the season in favor of the Wild.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
Or if the Refs would have had a pair of eyes in the Minny@Avs game it would have helped as well.
Probably one of the most one-sided reffing displays of the season in favor of the Wild.

I didn't watch the game (I couldn't stomach it, just looked at score updates), but I did hear how bad the reffing was. Also heard there was a disallowed goal. Not sure if it was a good call or not though.

Can't wait to see the Wild get destroyed in 4 games though.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

LMAO!!! Really???? you mean like Brown elbowing a guy in the face and no penalty?? Or Coyle getting tossed 17 seconds into a game for a clean hit?/

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Not watching the playoffs is an annual tradition for me. I won't until we start making them consistently.

With our luck, Detroit or Minnesota will somehow win the cup too just to twist the knife. Oh, and somehow someone will leap us in the draft lottery too.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
I wish my team had the same kind of determination and toughness as yours does. Chins up, guys, your team won a lot of people's hearts and they showed which direction they're headed.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Sorry guys, was really hoping you'd make it. You definitely have a bright future ahead of your team though! :handclap:

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah I don't think I can watch these playoffs. I have no one to root for, only people to root against.
Like every year, I pray for the Canucks to lose. Once they're out, I can get over Columbus/Edmonton not being in the playoffs. Then after, I cheer against all Canadian teams because I want Edmonton to be the next Canadian Cup champs. Only good thing is, in 2 weeks, I will be on holidays so I won't be hearing about who's doing what in the playoffs.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
LMAO!!! Really???? you mean like Brown elbowing a guy in the face and no penalty?? Or Coyle getting tossed 17 seconds into a game for a clean hit?/

Seeing as CBJ went 19-5-5 in March and April, they would have a better shot than the Wild. Not saying they would win (Highly doubt that), but CBJ would have been a hot team going in with a hot goalie. That's a very good combination to have in the playoffs. Minnesota didn't even look like they wanted to be in the playoffs for the entire month of April.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Like every year, I pray for the Canucks to lose. Once they're out, I can get over Columbus/Edmonton not being in the playoffs. Then after, I cheer against all Canadian teams because I want Edmonton to be the next Canadian Cup champs. Only good thing is, in 2 weeks, I will be on holidays so I won't be hearing about who's doing what in the playoffs.

Honestly, I just want them all to lose.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Proud of the boys. Will enjoy watching the Hawks destroy the Mild. Talk about limping your way into the playoffs. What a pretty pathetic team the Mild. Their ownership spent all that money and that is what they got out of it? Oh and Blues, destroy the Kings would you?

My new list of most hated teams.

LA
Mild
LA
Wings
LA
Mild
LA
Rangers
LA

The top eight teams in the West will not be playing come Tuesday.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Noticed the guy took that post down..

Shouldn't be the one talking. Minnesota went 4-5-1 in the last ten. Maybe they thought the season was over at 38 games? They also had the same amount of points and a worse GF/GA difference than CBJ and yet were playing in a much weaker division.

I would only say that it really took us playing the first 19 games so badly for the team to really meld into what they have become. I am looking forward to the future.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I hope Minnesota gets shellacked so hard by Chicago in a sweep, and in Game 4 it's a tight 0-0 game the whole way only to get scored on with .5 left and watch their season cry to a sudden stop.

**** Minnesota

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
I would only say that it really took us playing the first 19 games so badly for the team to really meld into what they have become. I am looking forward to the future.

I didn't take it down. Probably a mod. Doesn't really matter to me and it was probably taken down to prevent further bickering between us two.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
I was rooting for the Jackets over the wings for sure.

As to the comments about the Wild playing like crap over the last 10 games or so, its actually not even close to accurate. We have actually been playing great hockey, with the exception of the Calgary loss. Probably the worst run of luck I have ever seen. You guys witnessed firsthand when Bob stole a win for you against us. We have been playing like that in most of our games.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Flyers fan here:

You guys deserved a better outcome. Your team showed a ton of resilience and hard work. Keep your heads high CBJ fans.

Can't wait to see you guys in our conference/division next year!

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
The game that sticks out in my mind as a missed opportunity is the Edmonton game from a few weeks ago. We were up 2-0 and also had a Calvert goal disallowed by our "friends" in Toronto. That one hurt.

If we want to pick on a single team we can pick on the Kings. They were the only team to beat us in our last 9 and then they go on the road and have back to back stinkers against the Wild and the Wings. Huge point swing there.

Great season for our guys with a disappointing finish. We're in next year, for sure.

So back to the draft lottery where we're 0 for 12 at winning it. Is it time for the Hockey Gods to give us a gift for once or do they believe that Edmonton needs another top pick?

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I hope Minnesota gets shellacked so hard by Chicago in a sweep, and in Game 4 it's a tight 0-0 game the whole way only to get scored on with .5 left and watch their season cry to a sudden stop.

**** Minnesota

Not enough. They need 10 goals waved off for distinct kicking motions including at least 2 one-footed DKM's, 5 waved off for non-existent goaltender interference, a goal scored on them while in a blackhawks player's pants, a goal scored against them when it was clearly knocked in with a high-stick, a clock malfunction giving the other team an extra second to score as a period is winding down, and of course a too many men penalty in the last 3 minutes of an elimination game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad