Playoff Drive Obituary Thread

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
:laugh:Minnesota announcers trying to calm their viewers with "Wild still control their destiny" and "Avs play tonite too, so they aren't sitting waiting on the Wild...they have to fly too"

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I've been correcting posts all week where people expect teams like LA to do us favors and teams like Edmonton to roll over once eliminated. It's so backwards. Once in the playoffs, guys are more interested in protecting their bodies than eliminating a bubble team. Eliminated teams in their last game have only that game to play for. Chicago is the only team in the West that I can think of that is good enough to win when not interested, and I'm really hoping that Colorado won't be too bad to win even when interested.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
I've been correcting posts all week where people expect teams like LA to do us favors and teams like Edmonton to roll over once eliminated. It's so backwards.

Looking at Edmontons and Nashvilles record over the last 10 games, and one could surmise they were rolling over.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
And Minnesota finally scores. Only took 50 minutes and six goals against...

I'd also consider Khabibulin for a backup. He's streaky though. He'll go on a tear and win five straight, but then can never keep it up. When he gets only occasional starts he isn't usually good.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
What a year. Tomorrow is going to be awesome.

ZeEbTh6.png

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The hockey gods are really teasing us. Tomorrow is going to be nerve wracking.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
I've been correcting posts all week where people expect teams like LA to do us favors and teams like Edmonton to roll over once eliminated. It's so backwards. Once in the playoffs, guys are more interested in protecting their bodies than eliminating a bubble team. Eliminated teams in their last game have only that game to play for. Chicago is the only team in the West that I can think of that is good enough to win when not interested, and I'm really hoping that Colorado won't be too bad to win even when interested.

This makes sense if youre talking about teams who are IN. But we're not.
We're talking about teams who are on the bubble playing those who are out.

Minn. is at Home playing for their life and losing badly to an OUT team they have dominated at home for years. Explain that.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Should be great tomorrow. The team has to focus on the game and not take Nashville for granted. After the 5-1 road trip, it would be easy to consider tomorrow's game a gimme. Trotz would relish in screwing us over.

Focus on playing the game and giving 100% and not worry about the other scoreboards until the game is over.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This makes sense if youre talking about teams who are IN. But we're not.
We're talking about teams who are on the bubble playing those who are out.

Minn. is at Home playing for their life and losing badly to an OUT team they have dominated at home for years. Explain that.

I wasn't talking about the motivations of Minnesota or Columbus. Obviously bubble teams are going to be the most motivated. My point is that eliminated teams would love to eliminate one of the bubble teams, whereas playoff teams don't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad