Playoff Drive Obituary Thread

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I thought ROW was just for head-to-head?

First tie breaker

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
First tie breaker

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Thanks. Usually they are different when you go to 3 or more. Like each teams record vs the others who are tied.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Going to be watching the Black Crowes down in Austin during the Jackets game tonite. As soon as I get back to the hotel, going to www.dtmts.com to see the highlights. I think the Jackets win, Wings lose in OT and Wild lose in regulation.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I've watched Skraut's dark horses video like 10 times this morning, man i cant wait for this evening

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Dallas is starting Bachman against the Wings tonight.

This where you find out who your friends are. Nashville & Dallas with no integrity. Mason starting tonight for NSH helps a little bit; but I'm still pissed. Looks like it wil come down to the Col/Minn game. Next I'll here that Giguere won't be in net for the Avs. Sigh....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Bachman has won his last 4 games, FYI. Not as bad as Mason to Rinne (yay. Hopefully he plays up to his capabilities @Mason) Bacstrom goes in for Minny vs Colorado.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Dallas is starting Bachman against the Wings tonight.

No this is really bad news. Bachman has won lately, but he doesn't have the capacity to steal games like Lehtonen. I'm pissed, to say the least, that the Wings go through the last two games of the year against Lehtonen's team and Rinne's team and face neither, instead facing two sub .880 goalies. Horrific.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
No this is really bad news. Bachman has won lately, but he doesn't have the capacity to steal games like Lehtonen. I'm pissed, to say the least, that the Wings go through the last two games of the year against Lehtonen's team and Rinne's team and face neither, instead facing two sub .880 goalies. Horrific.

It is ridiculous... Next season, hopefully, we will control our own destiny and have a playoff berth sewed up without needing help from other teams to do so...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Has won four out of his last five with a .936 save percentage. Don't really know what to make of it, this isn't Mason drawing in at all, but they would have pounded Nashville with Rinne in the other night. Keep in mind Nashville has done almost this entire tailspin with him starting every night and look up his save percentage on the year .910%, Rinne hasn't done much stealing the last month and half, the Preds are a miserable hockey team right now.

Best of luck to you guys/gals tonight really hoping we both get in.

FakePlasticJackets

May 10, 2003
SF via Columbus
So proud to be a CBJ fan. Standing Room Only tickets at $100! It is amazing that the season comes down to 3 periods of hockey.

Of course I'm hoping for a playoff spot, but which of these outcomes would make us fans since the inaugural season say TYPICAL CBJ?

1) We crush Nashville only to see Detroit and Minnesota win.

2) We lose to Nashville while both Detroit and Minnesota lose.

3) We win and get help, we finish seventh but for some reason we are forced to start Leighton for the Anaheim series, making us wonder what could have been.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So proud to be a CBJ fan. Standing Room Only tickets at $100! It is amazing that the season comes down to 3 periods of hockey.

Of course I'm hoping for a playoff spot, but which of these outcomes would make us fans since the inaugural season say TYPICAL CBJ?

1) We crush Nashville only to see Detroit and Minnesota win.

2) We lose to Nashville while both Detroit and Minnesota lose.

3) We win and get help, we finish seventh but for some reason we are forced to start Leighton for the Anaheim series, making us wonder what could have been.

2 definitely would hurt the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad