Playoff Drive Obituary Thread

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
So back to the draft lottery where we're 0 for 12 at winning it. Is it time for the Hockey Gods to give us a gift for once or do they believe that Edmonton needs another top pick?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 16 min

Draft lottery odds cont'd: 8. BUF (3.6), 9. NJ (2.7), 10. DAL (2.1), 11. PHI/PHX (1.5), 12. PHX/PHI (1.1), 13. WPG (.80), 14. CBJ (.50).

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I have a feeling this will be our last pity party.

Future is bright.

This will drive us next year to bigger things. We'll own the East - Those softies aren't ready for our physicality.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I have a feeling this will be our last pity party.

Future is bright.

This will drive us next year to bigger things. We'll own the East - Those softies aren't ready for our physicality.

That's what I say to women right before they walk away from me... :sarcasm:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I have no regrets nor do I look back at any games. We played our of our mind after that terrible start. We just got some good teams in the top 4 that didn't finish off some of the borderline teams. Just one more loss by SJ and we would have been in.

Just so damn close. I'm going to sleep fine knowing that the West isn't represented by the top 8 teams.

I'm fine with the #14 pick. Here's to the Rangers, Mild, and Kings out in the first round!

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
So it's pouring rain here in Austin Texas right now. Started right after we were eliminated. This seems appropriate:

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
As a long time Oiler fan, I'll try to cut through all the pity bull.... currently being dispelled on you guys..... . You are my second favorite team, even though we are in the same conference.

Your team did everything in its power (player + management) to make it into the 2nd season..... you should be proud.

A bunch of your overpaid athletes put in a worthy effort (possibly because of pride) and you almost made it..... you should be proud.

New management came in and almost facilitated a miracle..... you should be proud.

2013/14 Season is a New Dawn for your Franchise..... you should be Excited.

Time heals all wounds.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I was rooting for the Jackets over the wings for sure.

As to the comments about the Wild playing like crap over the last 10 games or so, its actually not even close to accurate. We have actually been playing great hockey, with the exception of the Calgary loss. Probably the worst run of luck I have ever seen. You guys witnessed firsthand when Bob stole a win for you against us. We have been playing like that in most of our games.

Not sure what planet you're from but the mild have been leaking oil for the last 10 games. Last night's 6-1 shellacking put an exclamation point on it.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I want the Wild to be swept, but Game 4 has to be decided on a goal where:

-Suter tries to pass the puck up the ice along the boards, but the linesman trips and blocks the pass
-Brodin goes to pick up the puck, but gets his stick hacked out by Bolland, who gets possession instead
-Bolland shoots, Backstrom makes the save, but the puck bounces way up high in the air. Carcillo knocks it down with a high stick but the refs overlook it.
-The puck trickles to Nick Leddy, who slaps it past Backstrom, apparently with no time left to go. Yet, the puck crosses the goal line before the red light goes off. Hawks sweep the Wild.
-Moments later, the players realize the clock momentarily stopped due to the mysteries of "coulombs".
-Karma is confirmed to exist

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Useless stat(s) of the day. We are the only team with a + goal differential to not make the playoffs. We also only scored two less goals than the Mild. They spent 17 million more to score two extra goals and tie us in points.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Useless stat(s) of the day. We are the only team with a + goal differential to make the playoffs. We also only scored two less goals than the Mild. They spent 17 million more to score two extra goals and tie us in points.

Hmm, perhaps we need a point per dollar tie-breaker? :sarcasm:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hmm, perhaps we need a point per dollar tie-breaker? :sarcasm:

lol. I would be annoyed if I was their ownership. That team finished 5-7-1 in April. There was some Mild fan that said they played well down the stretch. In the last 5 games they got beat 3 times by 6-1, 4-1, and 6-1.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I'd like to start by thanking all non Jackets fans for the Condolences, first off we can't blame anyone else but our selfs for missing the playoffs, we would not have been in this position if the jackets had gotten just 1 more W. So with that being said I am so proud of our boys the team looked great, I don't really know what to make of our season, part of me wishes we would have kept losing games to ensure a top 3 pick in order to obtain our next franchise player like a Nash, and the other part of me is just thrilled with the run that we had and gives me much more hope for a solid playoff run next season. I'm incredibly exited about the upcoming Entry draft with the Jackets holding 3 1st round picks! It was one hell of a ride and I'm happy to say I was a part of what was the Jackets 2013 season

Goodnight Too All!

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Useless stat(s) of the day. We are the only team with a + goal differential to not make the playoffs. We also only scored two less goals than the Mild. They spent 17 million more to score two extra goals and tie us in points.

I was just going to post that as well. Kind of cool that Cam's empty netter put us over the top so we finish with a +1 differential.

Good year - lots of fun, even though it is hard not to play the woulda-coulda-shoulda game right now.

I hope this team builds on this and really learned what a sage Ty Conklin was (as stressed by DSL) when he said:
"Every game, every point is a necessity."

We need to get off to a good start next year.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I was just going to post that as well. Kind of cool that Cam's empty netter put us over the top so we finish with a +1 differential.

I don't remember what our worst point was, but I do seem to remember at one point we were something like -32.

The thing I am most impressed with, whenever we had an injury the player that came in competed and the team didn't lose a step. Well with the exception of that game by Savard late in the season.

jacketsinDC

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
not bitter here.

wild will get bent over in the next four anyway.

After watching some awful hockey last year, I appreciate having a team full of hard-working, tough SOBs to watch now.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Call me crazy but I feel like the long term future of the franchise will benefit from coming up short this year.

There will be no off season laziness next season like there was last time. Every single one of those players will go home with that burning hunger in the pit of their stomach with the taste of the playoffs they had. That hunger and fighting desire will fester all summer and they will come back to training camp like a monster ready to explode next season. The East won't know what hit them next year.

I think we are in for a great ride next season and I'm glad I already have my tickets on board the train for next year.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
A little OT, but I'll close this out with...

The teams I'll be cheering for in the playoffs.

1. Chicago
2. Blues
3. Islanders
4. Caps
5. Bruins

I hope the Kings, Pens, Rangers, 'Nucks, and Mild all get destroyed and embarrassed.

FakePlasticJackets

May 10, 2003
SF via Columbus
I know it doesn't really matter, but I was rooting for you guys. Colorado is useless.

I thought that Colorado played pretty hard today, actually. It should have gone to Overtime as the ref clearly pointed to the net on the disallowed goal for the Avs. Seconds later he changed his mind (or forgot) and then called it no goal on the ice, which gave our lovely friends in Toronto a much easier decision to uphold the call on the ice. The Avs announcers were in disbelief as they showed a still frame of the ref pointing at the net and pointed out that "fans in Columbus need an explanation" of the call.

Goodbye, cruel conference. Love this team.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Call me crazy but I feel like the long term future of the franchise will benefit from coming up short this year.

There will be no off season laziness next season like there was last time. Every single one of those players will go home with that burning hunger in the pit of their stomach with the taste of the playoffs they had. That hunger and fighting desire will fester all summer and they will come back to training camp like a monster ready to explode next season. The East won't know what hit them next year.

I think we are in for a great ride next season and I'm glad I already have my tickets on board the train for next year.

Every single word of this ^^^^^^^

mkoivu9*

Good season guys. Your team reminded me of our Wild team the year we went to the WCF. Bunch of hard working blue collar guys with great goaltending.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
You know, this is one off-season we're all really, really looking forward too, because next year looks mighty sweet. Great job by everyone in the franchise. Go Jackets!

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad