Prospect Info: Player Discussion: Nikita Soshnikov

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
He didn't get hurt in the Bolts game either - that's another first for him.

I like his game - hope he doesn't destroy himself in the process.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Well has now hurt himself.

Kid is eager and fast and fearless but he's gonna wreck himself if he doesn't avoid the bad ones.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Interesting stat.

His IPP is at 100%.

That means he has been statistically (G or A) involved with 100% of the goals the Leafs have scored when he's on the ice

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
He reminds me of Taylor Hall when he first came in the league. Running around, fearless. As he gets more experience and injuries happen more often hopefully he learns to pick his spots and not just run blindly at everything that moves. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid's passion...he just won't be able to stay healthy the way he plays at his current size.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He reminds me of Taylor Hall when he first came in the league. Running around, fearless. As he gets more experience and injuries happen more often hopefully he learns to pick his spots and not just run blindly at everything that moves. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid's passion...he just won't be able to stay healthy the way he plays at his current size.

Yeah nobody can sustain that kind of physicality in this league.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
the kids got great wheels and a great shot. He easily will get 30 a year soon- mark my words.

I was super excited about Sosh towards the end of last year but it seems he doesn't have to same impact now than he did. Does anyone else see this? Is it a sophomore slump kind of thing? He was playing really well and sniping some goals but now I find I hardly notice him.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I was super excited about Sosh towards the end of last year but it seems he doesn't have to same impact now than he did. Does anyone else see this? Is it a sophomore slump kind of thing? He was playing really well and sniping some goals but now I find I hardly notice him.

can you really blame him if he is questioning playing in the NHL as a 4th liner? especially when at home where you are more comfortable you would be a 2nd liner maybe even 1st? without losing that much money? Babs has him pegged as a 4th line grinder he started the 1st 3 or 4 games on fire no move up the lineup. 8 mins of crashing and throwing your body around and for a reward you play with Ben Smith and Matt martin (now freddy the goat)

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
can you really blame him if he is questioning playing in the NHL as a 4th liner? especially when at home where you are more comfortable you would be a 2nd liner maybe even 1st? without losing that much money? Babs has him pegged as a 4th line grinder he started the 1st 3 or 4 games on fire no move up the lineup. 8 mins of crashing and throwing your body around and for a reward you play with Ben Smith and Matt martin (now freddy the goat)

I don't think motivation to play has anything to do with his struggles, if he has any. If anything it would be good motivation to play better to get to the 3rd line.

There is literally millions of people who would love to be in his shoes, including myself.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I haven't been watching him super closely so not sure of the reason but I have also felt that he's not as noticeable. Perhaps the reason is as simple as he's not playing with Kadri any more which has led to a reduction in scoring chances?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't think motivation to play has anything to do with his struggles, if he has any. If anything it would be good motivation to play better to get to the 3rd line.

There is literally millions of people who would love to be in his shoes, including myself.

yeah no I meant if that was the reason not that I think it is the reason. He has a great shot unfortunately a player with a great shot needs a line mate who is at least average playmaker to get him his shots, if sosh cant get it done on the rush he cant get shots

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Nylander looked like a bum on the fourth line too. I'm not against having sosh play this role... it's not like he's a huge improvement to one of the other lines. Our fourth line might not score much but they do beat the other teams up. Sometimes literally. Which is an important role. And sosh can score too, but he doesn't deserve to be handed a role on one of the other lines without starting to do that first.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Guy has a huge heart, but he is built like a praying mantis, don't think he has any meat on his bones and he has narrow shoulders. Poor guy doesn't have much of an NHL body.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Do people really expect a big offensive output with the role he has been given? You want him producing points put him on another line. He's been playing well & actually compliments Martins play, it just won't add much to the scoreboard.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not sure what he actually provides. Are long range shots a large impact? As Burch pointed out, his shot quality is the worst on the team. I know the comments like he is on the 4th line, linemates arent good enough.
I would take Hyman over Soshnikov. Yes he doesnt do bar down shots but Hyman is more noticable than Soshnikov.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Need a bigger role

He's better then
Hyman
Brown
Jvr
Komarov

Yet he sits on the 4th line. Awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad