Post-Game Talk: Play 1 period, get 1 point. Panthers lose 3-2 in a shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I want to understand why hussle and physicality is the exception and not the norm? Why do we have to be playing from behind to start playing at all?

The team lacks leaders and lacks f***ing nastiness. We need a Tom Wilson or a Wayne Simmonds or someone who’s give a f*** meter isn’t set at zero at the start of the game.

I want to see an irate red faced howling coach Q behind the bench when the team f***s up.

Where’s the f***ing emotion and the push back.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I say take the point and run. Build on the solid third period and get two wins on the road to make this a successful trip.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Out high danger chances them severely and out xgf them 60%. Gotta finish. Everyone gripping their sticks worrying about getting off to a good start. Except Hoffman.

Reactions: I am not exposed

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
This team just isn’t very exciting to watch... hate to say it but the problem is the same: there’s no leadership. I’m looking at Barkov, Huby, Troch, Ek, and Yands. Coaching and goaltending is not the issue, these guys just don’t do enough to lead this group especially when it matters most.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I'd guess the constant changes take time to mesh. With a new system and too many new players, it takes some time. Not that this is a good thing.

I agree with that, but it doesn't account for the apparent lack of hustle and emotion. Year after year, every iteration of the Panthers seemingly refuses to bear down until there's barely enough time to make a difference.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I want to understand why hussle and physicality is the exception and not the norm? Why do we have to be playing from behind to start playing at all?

The team lacks leaders and lacks ****ing nastiness. We need a Tom Wilson or a Wayne Simmonds or someone who’s give a **** meter isn’t set at zero at the start of the game.

I want to see an irate red faced howling coach Q behind the bench when the team ****s up.

Where’s the ****ing emotion and the push back.
U saw it. We were down 2-0 and pushed back to tie it.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Just got caught up. It's so obvious these guys have the talent, but they just need to work harder. Watching those lazy back checks was painful. Glad we got a point, but man these guys really need to have more intensity.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Just got caught up. It's so obvious these guys have the talent, but they just need to work harder. Watching those lazy back checks was painful. Glad we got a point, but man these guys really need to have more intensity.

Have to agree. Not sure how Gallant did it but he got these guys to work their asses off.

Our fourth line was the best for about a period and a half of the game, it's unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad