Post-Game Talk: Play 1 period, get 1 point. Panthers lose 3-2 in a shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Heat maps looking a lot different as well than under boog.
Point shots are coming from middle instead of where the d play. And more right in front of net instead of where Hoffman likes to shoot from. And holding other team to opposite. For those that were crying about that last year

Reactions: I am not exposed

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
This wasn't Tampa or Carolina and they didn't even have their starter in net, the only Florida Panther living up to the offseason hype so far has been Bob and I'll even say Stralman.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don’t like that the Islanders and Devils are struggling too. They’re going to come out flying trying to right the ship against us

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just got done watching the game:

First half of the first We played really well I thought. Second half, not too much.
Sloppy play in the second, and part of the third, but played really well the last 17 minutes of the game.

Thought we controlled most of OT until the end. Shootouts are a crap shoot I think.
The whole fourth line played really well tonight.

The third line played okay most of the game, other than the forwards were responsible for a poor back check on Buffalo's second goal.

The first line I thought was easily our worst forward line. Barky might have been the worst forward on the ice tonight, which doesn't barely get said at all ever. He was solely responsible for a non back check where he was floating on Buffalo's first goal, not like him at all. I don't think Hawk had a good game also. I would like to see Borgy on his place centering the third line next game.

MM was our best defenseman tonight, with Weegs who was a close second I thought. By far Yands was our worst defenseman .
Bob was excellent. I kept my account going on saves he made this year that would be goals last year and I counted 4, and that's not really counting overtime because it was so action-packed. That brings my total to 11 in four games.

All in all, not a great game, but we showed a lot of resilience to battle back, and like I said shootouts is a crapshoot.

Oh and the Buffalo feed said we had 93 shots these last two games. That's crazy, we've only scored five goals. We are bound to break out soon.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I only caught parts. Defence pairs looked decent. Bob looked awesome. Our top six is broken. Barkov is somewhere else.

Too many players that can play, but don't mesh with others. Tro, Hoff, Connolly, Vatrano, Malgin, Dads (without Barkov) these guys don't have chemistry with anyone.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I only caught parts. Defence pairs looked decent. Bob looked awesome. Our top six is broken. Barkov is somewhere else.

Too many players that can play, but don't mesh with others. Tro, Hoff, Connolly, Vatrano, Malgin, Dads (without Barkov) these guys don't have chemistry with anyone.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov (they need to work out their relationship)
Vatrano - Trocheck - Malgin (Speed/North-South, some grit)

Hoffman - Borg - Connolly (Borg is struggling, suit him with vets/goal scorers. May be a slow build of goals for him
Hunt - Acciari - Hawk/Scev (It's working pretty good so far, not gonna score a ton but effective O-zone pressure/ice time)

What say you?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My bad, didn't read your post clearly/entirely. :oops:. A tad drunk.
Hoffman has been solid but doesn't gel with Huberdeau and Barkov.
Bob has been our best player. Stralman wasn't noticeable tonight or since the TB game but that is his game no?

I did notice him have one bad play tonight. I think early on he just had a really soft cover in front of the net. Not a huge deal though. My D rankings tonight:

1.MM
2. Weegs
3. Ek
4. Strals
5. Brown
6. Yands

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I did notice him have one bad play tonight. I think early on he just had a really soft cover in front of the net. Not a huge deal though. My D rankings tonight:

1.MM
2. Weegs
3. Ek
4. Strals
5. Brown
6. Yands

Matheson is still making some silly mistakes but has shown those flashes again. No excuses after the 10 game mark, that's more than enough time for all the defense/offense to get going full speed.
Ya Ek and Weegs can be either or. Stralman looked good in the TB games but has ghosted a bit.

Yands is a wreck right now. Really let down by his play. He's not having fun and it shows
Stillman could be on his way up if he has a good weekend of games and we faulter in the next two games.
Brown has been rough but hoping it's mainly just some rust.

How about the forward rankings?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
40.gif

Barkov will score tomorrow.

Everyone is welcome.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
Q is slamming guys heads together behind closed doors and morale is low. It might take the first quarter of the season to get ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad