Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
40.gif

Barkov will score tomorrow.

Everyone is welcome.
Oh THAT’s how the next firmware upgrade is done.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Barkov is hurt imo, at least I hope he is because he looks so off. Matheson was actually really good, Bob is a stud. It ended up being a fun game to be at, not sure why this team starts off so slow though. Islanders are 1-3 so both teams need a win, hopefully Monty can pick up where Bob left off.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm also starting to think Barky is hurt. The offense being just off is one thing, but him letting guys just go past like on Sabres first goal is strange to see. His defensive work is off much more than his offense so far.
Lost in all the hand wringing hoopla here tonight is credit being given to Buffalo for being a much improved team this season. Maybe some of the reactions stem from expecting Buffalo to be an easy win. Krueger has them playing hard and fast and they are definitely on the upswing.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Matheson looked much better with #6 from the bits I saw. Crazy how he alwats looks decent not playing top pair...

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
We’ve played Tampa, an undefeated Carolina who will like make ECF, and a red hot Sabres team. I’m not going to worry much yet. The Carolina game was trash but other than that we have been competitive. SO is a coin flip.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
Have been following Stralman around as we are from the same small town, so I've been lurking here the last couple of months and watched the Panthers first four games this season. My take, so far:

-Stralman has looked ok, quietly getting the job done. He might have lost a step but is playing a very solid, responsible and smart game. Gap control is excellent. If some of you consider his contract an overpayment I can understand that. He's not flashy, won't blow anybody away, but he will, most of the time, be in the right position, defensively.
One thing though: right now, he is nowhere near being the team's most overpaid d-man. Q has some work to do ripping bone-headed, risky plays out of (several) d-men and forwards

-Very disappointed in Barkov so far. His passing is sloppy, decision making is questionable as he's trying to find his game. I'm sure he will come around, but I expected him to be dominant, almost every shift. He's one of the best hockey players in the world IMO. The back checking on the first Buffalo goal..well, let's just say I think Q ripped him a new one for it.

-Hoffman can really shoot, but damn he makes some stupid decisions

-Anybody seen Connolly?

-Like the 4th line!

-Bob is amazing. That athleticism is un-friggin-believable

With all this said: there is soo much talent on this team. They're only four games in with a new coach and a new system. I'm pretty confident they'll come around pretty soon. The pieces are there.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
We’ve played Tampa, an undefeated Carolina who will like make ECF, and a red hot Sabres team. I’m not going to worry much yet. The Carolina game was trash but other than that we have been competitive. SO is a coin flip.
Sure but Buffalo is considerably worse than Carolina or Tampa, I was actually pleasantly surprised Florida stole a point with how poorly they played for 40 minutes. Going by this logic, they should stomp a bad NYI and Devils team, but I'm a bit skeptical. Fortunatly not a long wait ahead till the next couple games.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Coming in peace to say Bobrovsky was incredible tonight. I was at a get together watching the game and we were blown away at how fast he moves latterly. There were perfect passes that every goalie has to dive to try to save across the net that he was already squared up to that were unreal. This was a good fun back and forth game that was basically a tie. But man...Bob is a hell of a tender

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
There's definitely something wrong with Barkov. He's lacking the speed, stamina, puck-handling and confidence he usually has. Whatever it is, hopefully he'll be able to turn it around soon.

Reactions: Little Bobby Boo

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
So no FLA media is asking about Barkov?

Something is wrong and it's like the elephant in the room right now.

When will the medias make their job and try to get us fans answers?

I think that if it was a small injury, he would have miss games already.

I'm scared it's a serious one and he will play as long as he can until a day in late November where we'll learn that he's been playing hurt all season but can't play anymore, need a surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Team needs either a physical top 6 forward or physical top 4 D. The way guys just skate into the zone with their heads down against us is nuts. I don’t know how many times I saw guys pull up on checks last night. I think it was in overtime during the mad scramble in our end one of our D could have crushed Middlestadt, which would have ended the whole thing but nope just let him skate by. I can’t wait til Stillman is ready to be up here he at least plays with an edge.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Team needs either a physical top 6 forward or physical top 4 D. The way guys just skate into the zone with their heads down against us is nuts. I don’t know how many times I saw guys pull up on checks last night. I think it was in overtime during the mad scramble in our end one of our D could have crushed Middlestadt, which would have ended the whole thing but nope just let him skate by. I can’t wait til Stillman is ready to be up here he at least plays with an edge.
Can’t try to lay people out in OT bc if you miss then they’ve got numbers.

I don’t think we need a top 6 physical forward. The first line is going to get back on track and they play a heavy game. second line needs to find a trio with chemistry.

Kinda torn on needing a physical d. Top 4 d isn’t making mistakes bc it’s easy to get in our zone, imo. Ekblad’s skating doesn’t improve with another top 4 d who hits. Matheson’s inconsistency doesn’t improve either. Yandle is Yandle and Stralman is fine. Weegar is solid.

Top 4 D is making bad decisions too often but we are prob below average in tough/toughness to play against. Also, the speed of the game is so much faster that being physical makes it risky to lay people out. You miss and they have numbers instantly. I was at the islanders/oilers game and both D pull up on checks when you see potential hits that could happen. Also, Kassian is on top line and he’s an offensive play killer. Would not want a physical guy in top 6 who can’t keep the play alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad