:sabres

RlSJnZt.jpg

9bBeVaO.jpg

CONFIRMED STARTING GOALIE
4574_1.jpg

#35 Linus Ullmark
0-0-1 .909SV% 3.96GAA

What you Need to Know:

For the 2nd straight year, the Sabres are off to good start early. One of the best teams in the league for the first half of the season, they fell of a cliff in 2019, leading to the firing of Phil Housley. Ralph Krueger, who got a raw deal in Edmonton, has them off to another hot start, led by their blistering powerplay that currently sits at 53.3%, good for 2nd in the NHL. This may present problems to Florida, who have struggled mightily on the penalty kill the first 2 games, coming in at just a 71% kill rate and allowing goals 1 and 2 seconds after penalties ended vs Tampa

Player to Watch:

usa_today_11323517.0.jpg

Victor Olofsson

The 7th round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft has 4 goals through 4 games this season, all on the powerplay

Last edited:
Reactions: Weltschmerz

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't mind whipping up GDTs in a few minutes if there's no volunteers, but I have no computer skills and for big games I encourage people who want to try to signup, notably for the Lu jersey retirement

@mods I will take the Devils on Monday so I can edit the title to f*** New Jersey if Florida wins (I'm joking but I will post this)

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Afraid the cats will be crushed, Sabres are still hot and cats a disaster. Bob behind this D is as good as Reimer and Luongo. This might even be the worst D core I have seen since I'm following hockey in the late 90ties. If they played Matheson as FW he wouldn't even be considered a two way player.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So how do we feel about those lines? Can Weegar handle 1st pair role? Not that we have many options...

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I've watched both Montreal games against Buffalo and Detroit this week. 3 teams you would consider average at best. But in terms of speed and physical play, we don't match them from what I've seen so far from us.

Is it me or we've looked so damn slow and soft!?

Reactions: CHGoalie27

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
So how do we feel about those lines? Can Weegar handle 1st pair role? Not that we have many options...

In the long run, I don't think that Weegar can handle that role.

Hoffman with Barky and Huberdeau, why not!? Worth the try.

I don't like the rest of the lines though. It just looks like Q put all the names in a hat and picked them one by one to make he lines

Reactions: I am not exposed

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I don't mind whipping up GDTs in a few minutes if there's no volunteers, but I have no computer skills and for big games I encourage people who want to try to signup, notably for the Lu jersey retirement

@mods I will take the Devils on Monday so I can edit the title to **** New Jersey if Florida wins (I'm joking but I will post this)

Also Q's 900 win is coming up soon, nine more wins. You just have to guess what game is going to happen.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
As bad as last game was, I'm not panicking. It's just going to take a while to get it all worked out.
Now there's no guarantees they will get over the hump, but it's not going to be a smooth ride even if they reach their goal.

Well, when do we panic? This team has some talent, enough talent to make the playoffs. But why do we always fall short?

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We are already looking up in the standings. Need to win.

I want to see structured, physical and desperate f***ing hockey tonight. I don't understand why it is not the norm but the exception when they play that way.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'll be here, just saying I haven't seen them win live in like 3 years

Well, when do we panic? This team has some talent, enough talent to make the playoffs. But why do we always fall short?

What have you seen to make you panic? Tied with Tampa on the road in the 3rd, beat Tampa, one disaster period against Carolina. What were people expecting? Them to be 2-1 as opposed to 1-2? It's not a big deal. I think taking 2 of 3 on this road trip is required, and if they don't reach that, maybe it's time for concern, but not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->