Post-Game Talk: Play 1 period, get 1 point. Panthers lose 3-2 in a shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The panthers played 15 minutes tonight. The first 5 minutes and the last 10. What they were doing for the 45 minutes in between can not be considered anything close to professional ice hockey.

This. They didn’t play a full game and it cost them a point tonight.

Get two wins and this is a good trip overall.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The panthers played 15 minutes tonight. The first 5 minutes and the last 10. What they were doing for the 45 minutes in between can not be considered anything close to professional ice hockey.
I thought the Carolina game was bad because they out scored us but that 45 minutes was the worst domination I’ve seen in a long time.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Don't understand the Malgin hate, at least he plays hard and is defensively responsible. He made a nice outlet pass to Huberdeau who set up Dads for goal 1.

We're not finishing on our chances, simple as that, imo. Gotta start burying them and not passing so much. Top line was MIA too much.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

Disagree. When the other team is ahead they play more loose and we get back into the game.

We we're outmatched in the first and the second when Buffalo played their game.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
This. They didn’t play a full game and it cost them a point tonight.

Get two wins and this is a good trip overall.
No team plays a full game. This is the nhl. If u want a one sided game go watch college. It’s rare for a team to dominate even 40 minutes of a game. Not sure what people expect

Reactions: I am not exposed

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Barkov is broken

He plays like he's hurt or out of shape. He looks slow and and plays like if he doesn't care. It's very frustrating to watch

I feel like this team has no true leader. No body is going to step up.

Reactions: Mogo

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I just don't get it. Is there any other team that looks lackadaisical every year despite changes to coaching and playing and management personnel? Every year it's the same emotionless, milquetoast play until it's too late to make the playoffs. What the hell is it.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Barkov is broken

He plays like he's hurt or out of shape. He looks slow and and plays like if he doesn't care. It's very frustrating to watch

I feel like this team has no true leader. No body is going to step up.

Noticed the same

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
"Dat Gud Start To Da Season Will Make Da Diffrense"

But seriously, doesn't Buffalo have a new coach and players as well? This start can not be blamed on that excuse again.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Don't understand the Malgin hate, at least he plays hard and is defensively responsible. He made a nice outlet pass to Huberdeau who set up Dads for goal 1.

We're not finishing on our chances, simple as that, imo. Gotta start burying them and not passing so much. Top line was MIA too much.
Agree 100. Percent. Team is thinking at times too much as well but that will get cleaned up. Matheson was excellent final 40 minutes

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I just don't get it. Is there any other team that looks lackadaisical every year despite changes to coaching and playing and management personnel? Every year it's the same emotionless, milquetoast play until it's too late to make the playoffs. What the hell is it.

It's crazy how that works no matter who we have on this team.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I'd guess the constant changes take time to mesh. With a new system and too many new players, it takes some time. Not that this is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad